Whats up guys, Any advice for a guy in his mid twenties planning to move from London To US?

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
No more living with hooyo

No more midweek weddings

No more Perii-Peri

No more Oyster

No more random stabbing

Easily can get education beyond HS

No more waiting for a 125 pounds check

Welcome to America

(Do not cone to my state. Idk what disease you might be carrying )

Kkkkk in the UK you will see couples having weddings at places like Hilton and Marriott but still live with their parents.

My advice is to come visit again before making that transition, a lot has changed since the 2000s. Also how will you be living here? Work? Marriage? Because since Trump U.S has become the hardest place to get visa from.

Also Ohio is a shithole that has no opportunity unless you are student, it will be hard for you to adjust from going to big city to tuulo lol I like Atlanta but the Somali community is not a big there, MN gets its crap but you will find jobs and one of the best healthcare in the country. I would recommend Seattle as well, of all the places you listed it’s the biggest and easiest transition for you, we are thinking about moving there in couple years, visit first tho because it’s not for everyone.

Yh from early 2000s till now there must have been huge changes, I ain't too worried about visa issues more concerned with lifestyle and opportunity i.e business and in general the atmosphere around the cities I mentioned. And I'm a city boy lol so I like to hit central or downtown as they call it in America...whats Seattle like I hear its a nice place but its geographical location puts me off its far from everywhere? Is there a somali community in NY I'm assuming not...

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I heard Seattle is as expensive as New York
It is expensive but if you have job lined up and are educated it’s affordable, I don’t know what the OP does but if he survived in London it’s definitely not as expensive. I have family members and friends that moved to Seattle and doing fine.
Yup she doesn’t know what she’s talking about, a person from London isn’t affording shit out there, plus the weather is the same as ldn, id say Atlanta for him, you can find a house for 100k, start a business with easy customers etc
:bell:
You think Seattle is more expensive than London? Walahi you are delusional who needs to travel outside of U.S. London is more comparable to NYC or LA:comeon:

It is expensive but if you have job lined up and are educated it’s affordable, I don’t know what the OP does but if he survived in London it’s definitely not as expensive. I have family members and friends that moved to Seattle and doing fine.

:bell:
You think Seattle is more expensive than London? Walahi you are delusional who needs to travel outside of U.S. London is more comparable to NYC or LA:comeon:
I did a double take when he said Seattle is more expensive than London :mjlol:

Kkkkk in the UK you will see couples having weddings at places like Hilton and Marriott but still live with their parents.

True, never understood the expensive wedding thing when both people earn minimum wage and still live in council housing...UK for you!

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
What’s wrong with living at home before marriage?? It’s a good way to save money.

Nothing is wrong with living at home before you get married, I’m talking about couples who spend 10/20 K on their wedding but are too broke to get their own place. That’s misplaced priorities .

Nothing is wrong with living at home before you get married, I’m talking about couples who spend 10/20 K on their wedding but are too broke to get their own place. That’s misplaced priorities .
I mean yeah I agree but that’s not exclusively a uk thing but an individual basis thing :hillarybiz:

My advice is to come visit again before making that transition, a lot has changed since the 2000s. Also how will you be living here? Work? Marriage? Because since Trump U.S has become the hardest place to get visa from.

Also Ohio is a shithole that has no opportunity unless you are student, it will be hard for you to adjust from going to big city to tuulo lol I like Atlanta but the Somali community is not a big there, MN gets its crap but you will find jobs and one of the best healthcare in the country. I would recommend Seattle as well, of all the places you listed it’s the biggest and easiest transition for you, we are thinking about moving there in couple years, visit first tho because it’s not for everyone.

Would you class Atlanta as a Tuulo?

NotMyL

VIP
Yh from early 2000s till now there must have been huge changes, I ain't too worried about visa issues more concerned with lifestyle and opportunity i.e business and in general the atmosphere around the cities I mentioned. And I'm a city boy lol so I like to hit central or downtown as they call it in America...whats Seattle like I hear its a nice place but its geographical location puts me off its far from everywhere? Is there a somali community in NY I'm assuming not...
NYC Somali community is not big but there’s a large Muslim community, I wouldn’t suggest NY for the obvious reason. Can I ask why you are not worried about Visa? And also it depends on the business you starting, it’s probably the easiest to start business in MN compared to other places, we have a large Somali community who help each other. If you don’t mind the weather it’s a great place, don’t mind the few crimes you hear it’s just a few kids acting up plus they mostly live in the ghetto neighborhoods. If it wasn’t for the weather I wouldn’t move out of here.
I did a double take when he said Seattle is more expensive than London :mjlol:

He’s delusional, you can tell he’s never been outside of U.S.

NYC Somali community is not big but there’s a large Muslim community, I wouldn’t suggest NY for the obvious reason. Can I ask why you are not worried about Visa? And also it depends on the business you starting, it’s probably the easiest to start business in MN compared to other places, we have a large Somali community who help each other. If you don’t mind the weather it’s a great place, don’t mind the few crimes you hear it’s just a few kids acting up plus they mostly live in the ghetto neighborhoods. If it wasn’t for the weather I wouldn’t move out of here.

He’s delusional, you can tell he’s never been outside of U.S.

I ain't worried about the Visa process, simply because I'm care free when it comes to things out of my control + why wouldn't you suggest NYC and is Minnesota weather really worse than British weather lol

NotMyL

VIP
Would you class Atlanta as a Tuulo?
No it’s a big city.
I ain't worried about the Visa process, simply because I'm care free when it comes to things out of my control + why wouldn't you suggest NYC and is Minnesota weather really worse than British weather lol
Ahh I see, good for you. And MN weather is the worst. Norway’s weather is probably the closest to it, it gets pretty bad out here.

Someone from the uk wouldn’t join in with the uk slander. Maybe your living on minimum wage in a council house but that’s not the “UK for you”.

Is UK my motherland when you say "join in UK slander" maybe this statement hit home cos your sister blew her yearly salary on a lavish wedding and got divorced 2 weeks later

I use to live in council housing!

I was on minimum wage 2 years ago!

Alhamdulilah times have changed tho!

How about you?

VixR

Veritas
Don’t listen to the users who say go to New York if you’re fleeting from London cost of living. Of the two you mentioned, I’d go ATL over Ohio. Visit first.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Why is nobody suggesting the northeast? What is Boston like?

Or The southwest, Houston?

C'mon Reer America!!

Keo

VIP
Seattle Prices
upload_2019-10-14_18-42-58.png

upload_2019-10-14_18-43-10.png

London Prices
upload_2019-10-14_18-43-56.png

upload_2019-10-14_18-44-9.png

upload_2019-10-14_18-44-24.png

upload_2019-10-14_18-44-51.png