What's the reason behind North Africa's success?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
They have done well but hopefully they will escape the middle income trap and become a developed country.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Why GCC tards chose South Asian blue collar workers instead of Egyptians, poor Levantines (Palestinians, Syrians), and Yemenis is really odd.

They could have had majority Arab countries if they used Arab blue collar workers instead of Desi ones.

Optics plus Arab League regulations/norms.

The Arab League really frowns upon using the citizens of member states for menial/unskilled work.

It’s why Somalia has largely avoided what has happened to Ethiopia in the MENA region.

Apollo

VIP
Optics plus Arab League regulations/norms.

The Arab League really frowns upon using the citizens of member states for menial/unskilled work.

It’s why Somalia has largely avoided what has happened to Ethiopia in the MENA region.

It would have been better if they used Arab league blue collar workers. It would have strengthened the prestige of the Arabic language and it could have strengthened the Arab League itself as perhaps Khaleejis would have been more comfortable with Arabs from distant areas.

Now you got people living in Gulf countries for years only knowing English. Kind of embarrassing if you ask me.

Why GCC tards chose South Asian blue collar workers instead of Egyptians, poor Levantines (Palestinians, Syrians), and Yemenis is really odd.

They could have had majority Arab countries if they used Arab blue collar workers instead of Desi ones.
Easier to deport a Pakistani/Indian than a Arab.

Gulf arab nations don't want anyone to settle there.They aren't like normal countries, western nations extract value from their migrants so getting more migrants is good from a economic perspective (of course there are social issues).Gulf arabs have no industry or really anything that requires workers, they make money from oil and tourism.So having more people just means dividing the oil funds further.However they still need maids and builders so they import south Asians.

Apollo

VIP
Easier to deport a Pakistani/Indian than a Arab.

They are going to naturalize more and more non-Arabs, especially as pressure from Westerners and attitudes from the West starts to influence them more and more. It is already happening. Rules got relaxed and will continue to be relaxed. MBS is also changing stuff in that regard.

They will never deport the vast majority of the long term resident South Asians.

They basically made a shitty chess move by using South and Southeast Asian workers. It will change the character of their society for good, no reversal from it will happen.

They are going to naturalize more and more non-Arabs, especially as pressure from Westerners and attitudes from the West starts to influence them more and more. It is already happening. Rules got relaxed and will continue to be relaxed. MBS is also changing stuff in that regard.

They will never deport the vast majority of the long term resident South Asians.

They basically made a shitty chess move by using South and Southeast Asian workers. It will change the character of their society for good, no reversal from it will happen.
South Asians in arabia are Arab wannabes anyway.Probably make the country more Arab.
😂

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It would have been better if they used Arab league blue collar workers. It would have strengthened the prestige of the Arabic language and it could have strengthened the Arab League itself as perhaps Khaleejis would have been more comfortable with Arabs from distant areas.

Now you got people living in Gulf countries for years only knowing English. Kind of embarrassing if you ask me.

Even if they opened it up for Arab blue collar workers, I highly doubt they would either get the demand or supply.

The Arab blue collar workers wouldn’t want to go work degrading jobs in their fellow Arab country for the same wage they probably get in their own country ($150-200 a month).

Furthermore, there aren’t enough low skilled workers in the nations you mentioned to fill up the demand in the GCC.

Also, the GCC nations would have to answer to the Arab League each time one of these Arab workers got mistreated. It will inevitably cause tension in a region that cannot afford any more divisions.

Apollo

VIP
South Asians in arabia are Arab wannabes anyway.Probably make the country more Arab.
😂

It wouldn't surprise me if the monarchs did this cuz they don't want democracy and will whip up fears of South Asians to prevent democracy.

I remember Netanyahu saying something like ''Israeli Arabs are all voting en masse, you better get to the voting booth, not voting is giving your vote to an Arab'' to whip up fears with nationalist Jewish Israelis, lmao.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

I completely agree with you here but I’m not complaining. I’m happy they’ve fucked up this royally.

The UAE has eyes set on becoming a developed country within the next two decades. They’re going to have to overhaul their immigration laws to do this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I started seeing Indian Emirati citizens in 10 years.

I completely agree with you here but I’m not complaining. I’m happy they’ve fucked up this royally.

The UAE has eyes set on becoming a developed country within the next two decades. They’re going to have to overhaul their immigration laws to do this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I started seeing Indian Emirati citizens in 10 years.
The UAE seems to be making moves.

Most of their money comes from tourism and being a finicial center now.

But I doubt they will make indians citizens.They will probably make a tiered system were indians who have been there for a while can become second class citizens.

Apollo

VIP

It has its pros and cons. Pros, they will get rid of the enslavement of Desis stigma as they will have more Indian/Bengali/Pakistani/Filipino etc. citizens with equal rights. Cons, it can possibly halt democracy for a century as the native Khaleejis will fear democracy due to demographics and the Arab monarchs of these GCC countries have a big excuse to keep absolute monarchy.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The UAE seems to be making moves.

Most of their money comes from tourism and being a finicial center now.

But I doubt they will make indians citizens.They will probably make a tiered system were indians who have been there for a while can become second class citizens.

They will just be delaying the inevitable.

Apollo

VIP
They will just be delaying the inevitable.

Did you know Dubai became a hotspot for Western crypto traders? Lmao, many of them who made it big now live there and praise it. Kind of weird considering the political system. Greedy fucks only think of money and don't care for ethics. They frequently trash places like Canada, Australia, France etc (I follow a couple of them and noticed this).

Did you know Dubai became a hotspot for Western crypto traders? Lmao, many of them who made it big now live there and praise it. Kind of weird considering the political system. Greedy fucks only think of money and don't care for ethics. They frequently trash places like Canada, Australia, France etc (I follow a couple of them and noticed this).
Gulf arabs learned that the only thing that matters is money from their fellow semites.🇮🇱🇮🇱

Mad respect for idealistic countries like Sweden and Bhutan.

Countries with no moral compass or national philosophy and only care about money are kind of disgusting.
How do you tell if a country has a national philosophy or not? Bhuton is kind of an exception because it's insanely small and religious

Mad respect for idealistic countries like Sweden and Bhutan.

Countries with no moral compass or national philosophy and only care about money are kind of disgusting.
This is an interesting point.

In the developed world, I can only think of a few countries that I consider to be ethical (e.g. commitment to HR, accepting refugees/foreign aid, looking after the environmental etc).

The only countries that fit this criteria imo are the Scandinavians, and possibly Germany. I guess it depends on what your ethics are.

Apollo

VIP

In the developed world, I can only think of a few countries that I consider to be ethical (e.g. commitment to HR, accepting refugees/foreign aid, looking after the environmental etc).

The only countries that fit this criteria are the Scandinavians, and possibly Germany. I guess it depends on what your ethics are tho.

Germany is a bit fake when it comes to the refugees. Sole reason is the greying demographics and wanted to stay competitive. Sweden is doing it for more philosophical/social democratic reasons. Sweden has been ruled uninterrupted by social democrats since 1914.

Karaboga

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep

The only countries that fit this criteria imo are the Scandinavians, and possibly Germany. I guess it depends on what your ethics are.
I wouldn't include denmark on that list. The way they treat syrian refugees isn't right. They have a policy of deporting asylum seekers and received a lot of backlash recently for it.

Apollo

VIP
I wouldn't include denmark on that list. The way they treat syrian refugees isn't right. They have a policy of deporting asylum seekers and received a lot of backlash recently for it.

Yeah, Denmark is the most rightwing Scandinavian country. Norway is something in between Denmark and Sweden in terms of politics, and Sweden has been the most leftwing and for the longest period of time.

I guess Denmark is more influenced by continental Europe.

Trending

Latest posts