What's the reason behind North Africa's success?

Mainly due to their proximity to Europe. The Spaniard/French Firms have helped the Moroccans with various infrastructure projects and tourism is also a significant sector of their economy. Morocco's cheap labour, untapped markets & decent infrastructure are the main attractions for foreign investors.

Last edited:
They have gotten a lot of things right.
No they haven't.
Africa is poor because it doesn't border any wealthy region.North Africa borders Europe.They shouldn't be competing with sub-saharans, rather they should compete with eastern Europe/turkey.
Also Morocco's GDP per Capita is 3k, Kenya is 2k and Nigeria is 2.5k.Not much difference.

No they haven't.
Africa is poor because it doesn't border any wealthy region.North Africa borders Europe.They shouldn't be competing with sub-saharans, rather they should compete with eastern Europe/turkey.
Also Morocco's GDP per Capita is 3k, Kenya is 2k and Nigeria is 2.5k.Not much difference.
That's something to think about

No they haven't.
Huh? The horn borders Arabia and has likewise been cut off from the rest of sub-sahara, so should we also be comparing Ethiopia and Somalia to the gulf?

Huh? The horn borders Arabia and has likewise been cut off from the rest of sub-sahara, so should we also be comparing Ethiopia and Somalia to the gulf?
First of all we border yemen which is literally the poorest non African country and is the top 10 poorest int the world.
Second the wealth of the gulf is over exaggerated, Saudi Arabia has a GDP of 600 billion compared to Germany which has a GDP of 4600 billion.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Yemen is a shithole worse than Eritrea.

I’ve been to Yemen, it’s a dump purely due to the policies of Ali Abdallah Saleh. He stashed over $20 Billion USD of Yemeni funds into his offshore accounts.

He probably had more money that was hidden plus assets and other cash flows.

Imagine how many economic projects they could’ve done with that money.

The entirety of Sana’a looks like Nasr City in Cairo or the areas near the Cairo Citadel.

Apollo

VIP
@Periplus

The way Saudis treat Yemenis is something I seriously cannot fathom.

I have seen the genetic data on these two populations, and they are literally the same macro-ethnic group. Even much closer to teach other than Oromos or Afars are to Somalis, yet they treat each other like total shit and are willing to let their ethnic kin starve to death.

Absolutely mad. Imagine Turkey allowing Azerbaijan to stave to death, insane.

@Periplus

I have seen the genetic data on these two populations, and they are literally the same macro-ethnic group. Even much closer to teach other than Oromos or Afars are to Somalis, yet they treat each other like total shit and are willing to let their ethnic kin starve to death.

You think you’re average people care about genetic data and know what that is? LOL.

It could be due to tribalism. Saudis and Khaleejis in general are very tribal and care about lineage.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus

It goes to show that the Arabs are xaasid to their own and classist beyond any measure.

A Saudi will show more respect to a Nigerian engineer than a poor Yemeni.

This is why I generally disagree with the sentiment that the Arabs are in large part racist. They’re just xaasid to anyone that is of no worth to them. That’s not any better tho.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You think you’re average people care about genetic data and know what that is? LOL.

It could be due to tribalism. Saudis and Khaleejis in general are very tribal and care about lineage.

The Saudis consider Yemen to be their origin. As the Quran states that the Ismail AS (who founded the Arab race) married a woman that travelled from Yemen to modern day Mecca.

@Periplus

Savage/barbaric Near Easterners have an insatiable lust for blood-spilling, the worst of whom are Arabs and Jews. Persians/Iranics & Turks are the more civilised bunch.

Apollo

VIP

In international relations, countries do tend to be more amicable to groups that are more closely related to them. Let's be real.

Why do you think s-hole Romania got into the EU while more developed Turkey keeps on getting rejected and its EU pathway being kicked further down the road? Why do you think Southeast African nations are trying to merge with each other but aren't attempting to seriously invite Ethiopia or Somalia? etc. etc.

But I guess the proxy war with Iran and sectarianism trumps any ethnic ties between Saudis & Yemenis. Nevertheless, still very weird how they treat each other + why they wouldn't give freedom of movement to the GCC to Arabic speaking Arabians (Yemenis) years ago.

reer

VIP
In international relations, countries do tend to be more amicable to groups that are more closely related to them. Let's be real.

Why do you think s-hole Romania got into the EU while more developed Turkey keeps on getting rejected and its EU pathway being kicked further down the road? Why do you think Southeast African nations are trying to merge with each other but aren't attempting to seriously invite Ethiopia or Somalia? etc. etc.

But I guess the proxy war with Iran and sectarianism trumps any ethnic ties between Saudis & Yemenis. Nevertheless, still very weird how they treat each other + why they wouldn't give freedom of movement to the GCC to Arabic speaking Arabians (Yemenis) years ago.
southern saudis and yemenis even overlap at times.

Apollo

VIP
southern saudis and yemenis even overlap at times.

Yemenis basically came from Saudi Arabia. There is no difference between them really, besides slightly more African in some Yemenis (not all of them, especially not the ones who live in the mountains of West Yemen, basically carbon copies of Saudis).

Turkey is basically a condom for the West which they use to try & f*ck with Russia's regional interests, but it won't be long until the West will discard the Turkish condom by kicking them out of the NATO club.

@Periplus

It not surprising in the slightest.

Look at how somalis treat Oromos or how the British treated the Irish.

There where as many Irish people as English people 200 years ago.Today there are 4 million Irish people compared to 55 million English people's.They where treated so badly they have a smaller population today than 200 years ago!

Apollo

VIP
It not surprising in the slightest.

Look at how somalis treat Oromos or how the British treated the Irish.

There where as many Irish people as English people 200 years ago.Today there are 4 million Irish people compared to 55 million English people's.They where treated so badly they have a smaller population today than 200 years ago!

Why GCC tards chose Indian subcontinental blue collar workers instead of Egyptians, poor Levantines (Palestinians, Syrians), Maghrebis, North Sudanis, and Yemenis is really odd.

They could have had majority Arab countries if they used Arab blue collar workers instead of Desi ones.

Trending