What's the most Somali thing you've ever done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not knowing how to pronounce certain words in English until high school.
Looool I had a similar thing where I didn't know the name of some things in a language other than Somali because they were never brought up outside ur home.

Like spices, it's only recently I've learnt what half of them were they called in English :dead: for the longest time it was just 'what is cardamom tho'

Asking for measurements on how to cook something only to be told to use "two handfuls" or "half a bowl," or "naaya futada ka sheeg" (probably mangled the spelling there)

This is so annoying too wallahi :faysalwtf: replicating my ayeeyos or hooyos recipes are impossible because they just throw stuff in without measuring anything!

I used to imitate and tease my parents for not being able to differentiate between p and b. i've done it so much, i now regularly get them confused.
I think they habaared me:mjcry:

TooMacaan

VIP
Dodging dacas like there's no tomorrow (although not an exclusively Somali thing, I guess).
3401898489.gif

:rejoice:On the bright side, I became a very good dodgeball player in gym class thanks to this. Talk about transferable skills...expertise level over 9000!
Also, >arguing over the tiniest things and becoming very animated/expressive when doing so.

Played soccer for a Somali team and in every game, there were stoppage times; around 20 minutes, it was for arguing with the ref, the other players and ourselves who let the goal in, and another 30 minutes; we fought with the other players, till we get kicked out of the whole tournament when one of our players bashed the ref. That is the most Somali thing to do for a young Somali who loves playing football.

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
Looool I had a similar thing where I didn't know the name of some things in a language other than Somali because they were never brought up outside ur home.

Like spices, it's only recently I've learnt what half of them were they called in English :dead: for the longest time it was just 'what is cardamom tho'

This is so annoying too wallahi :faysalwtf: replicating my ayeeyos or hooyos recipes are impossible because they just throw stuff in without measuring anything!

It's not just my hooyo!?!?!?! Now I'm like this and all my non Somali friends think I just don't want to share the recipe bc all I say is "you'll know how much to add":mjlol:

My Arab friends were always shook when I used to walk into my elementary school class with my rice and banana. They were such haters, the only one who tried it loved it but she didn't want to tell the others it didn't taste bad after all :damn:

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Wore guuntino loved it :) however one must have the figure to wear it with confidence. I wish I could wear when I go to a somalia but allas it sits in my cupboard gaining dust only to worn for female events only as my arms and chest will be exposed, don't want baboon sexually repressed males gawking at you :/. To think back in the day women wore it freely, oh how times have changed.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Went to play football outside when it was heavily raining like a literal shower. The field was the typical Somali field with no grass and so I got wet and muddy, it was really fun though. I got a cold after and my dad beat the shit out of me with jumper cables

:hemad:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I got married to some poor baadiyo woman back home in Somalia, had a kid with her, and then abandoned her there to raise it by herself. I'm currently looking for a second wife :patrice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending