What's the actual literacy rate in Somalia?

GemState

36/21
VIP
I've heard it's higher than what's reported as a result of Dugsi. What is the actual number then?

Literacy, energy and fertility are the 3 big things we need to escape poverty. But I haven't really heard of anyone focusing on specifically literacy.

NidarNidar

Punisher
I've heard it's higher than what's reported as a result of Dugsi. What is the actual number then?

Literacy, energy and fertility are the 3 big things we need to escape poverty. But I haven't really heard of anyone focusing on specifically literacy.
For men I assume it be higher.

1715293502669.png

1715293538652.png

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
I would put it atleast 70%. Most of the statistics on this issue are cap, just like alot of the other stats on Somalia...just look at the laughable stats on internet use kkkk

A huge part of the population can pick up the Quran and read.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Somalia’s fertility rate is actually decreasing
6.31 births per woman (2021)
5.576 births per woman (2024)
A 1.5% decline from 2023

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Somalia’s fertility rate is actually decreasing
6.31 births per woman (2021)
5.576 births per woman (2024)
A 1.5% decline from 2023
Where did you get this? Thats a too big of a difference to happen in a year as Somalias material conditions haven’t changed drastically in a year. Also the year hasn’t finished.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Where did you get this? Thats a too big of a difference to happen in a year as Somalias material conditions haven’t changed drastically in a year. Also the year hasn’t finished.
1.5% decline is normal in a unpredictable environment

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Majority of the rural population in SL,Somalia & Somali region of Ethiopia are illiterate especially women/girls.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
I don’t see how Dugsi increases literacy rate. They learn how to read Arabic with harakat and don’t learn language. If Somali was written in Arabic it would be different.

literacy rate is being increased more with phones and having everything at your finger tips. Somalia is becoming very digital to receive and send money you have to be somewhat literate and many use WhatsApp still very low literacy rates but education will be more and more accessible with cheap internet and phones/computers

Trending

Latest posts