What's Going On?

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Since the tragic murder of Shukri happened last June to now there's been a deafening silence from the wider diasporas globally compared to reer uk. From protesting across various cities in the uk, writing to politicians, raising awareness on social media and having known figures with a platform like chunkz urging people to take action.

No other Somali diaspora seems to be doing the same like I see reer uk do. In light of protests happening recently with diasporas like reer US campaigning hard. Where is this energy for Shukri Abdi, a young somali girl murdered in cold blood?? I think it’s our responsibility as a global Somali community to join reer uk in getting justice.

Justice for Shukri Abdi & s/o to all the members here who have been campaigning hard
:salute:

I haven't said a peep about Shukri Abdi here before today but let's just say I was inspired by a smart member

Last edited:
Since the tragic murder of Shukri happened last June to now there's been a deafening silence from the wider diasporas globally compared to reer uk. From protesting across various cities in the uk, writing to politicians, raising awareness on social media and having known figures with a platform like chunkz urging people to take action.

No other Somali diaspora seems to be doing the same like I see reer uk do. In light of protests happening recently with diasporas like reer US campaigning hard. Where is this energy for Shukri Abdi, a young somali girl murdered in cold blood?? I think it’s our responsibility as a global Somali community to join reer uk in getting justice.

Justice for Shukri Abdi
:salute:
Idk man even ice cube somehow saw it and it’s trending number 1 on twitter. So I’m pretty sure it’s not just been absolute quiet.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Thank you for saying this @Helios. On my social media I have Somalis from different diasporas and only uk Somalis seemed to be raising awareness and protesting. :i83dwbv:

In fact I’ve even seen ajnabis from here doing more which saddened me. Hopefully more Somalis from other diasporas help to spread the message.

Macalin M

Out here
It’s actually getting a lot more coverage now. Imjustbait (a UK meme page which is followed by a lot of U.K. youth) posted About it and people are talking about it now.

The case seems to be pulling steam in both the UK, the US to a lesser extent (somalis and AAs mainly spreading it thus far, of course), and Canada. Not sure about the rest of Europe, though.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
It’s actually getting a lot more coverage now. Imjustbait (a UK meme page which is followed by a lot of U.K. youth) posted About it and people are talking about it now.
Like @Helios mentioned chunkz as well as a lot of Somalis with big platforms like Maya Jama and Ikram Abdi are spreading awareness. Which helps as well.

Trending