What would Somalia be like if civil war never happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
What do you guys think if Siad Barre peacefully stepped out of office and allowed a democratic election to take place?

What would Somalia be like today? No derailing please, the truth is if Siad Barre stepped out of office then there would be no civil war. So I don't want any qabils or any negativity, just tell me what would Somalia be like? @Bohol please keep on eye on these fools if they try to derail the thread and not willing to be intellectually honest.

I think Mogadishu would look like this if the civil war never happened.

ve-may-bay-di-honolulu-21-10-2015-1.jpg

Somalia held the largest mechanized army, the best school system tp the extent Kenya and French colonial officers in Djibouti were attempting to replicate it. However I think we would have gone for the better, a more decentralised system. Siad burned alot of trust with his heavy handedness so there would be agitation for the central government to devolve authority to local governments. Overall though if we had stability then I could see us being in the top 2 or 3 economies in Africa.

Biggie

X X C X X
I would say Muqdisho would be slightly above what Dar es Salam in Tanzania looks like today. Somalia would still have a powerful military with a government system similar to Kenya's. With all of our resources we would be a top 5 country on Africa for sure.

OmarAli

Tall, Brown-Skin Caucasian
What do you guys think if Siad Barre peacefully stepped out of office and allowed a democratic election to take place?

What would Somalia be like today? No derailing please, the truth is if Siad Barre stepped out of office then there would be no civil war. So I don't want any qabils or any negativity, just tell me what would Somalia be like? @Bohol please keep on eye on these fools if they try to derail the thread and not willing to be intellectually honest.

Then Somalis wouldnt be coming in masses and taking benefits left right and centre. Especially in Britain

You wouldn't be alive if it weren't for the civil war. Everything that happened in the past needed to be that way in order for you to be born in the circumstance you were born in.

I am proud of the civil war because if it didn't happen, my parents wouldn't have met in the US and birthed me.

For real tho what was somalia's gdp in the 60's i heard we were giving gulf arabs handouts and helping other countries like south africa in apartheid.

Biggie

X X C X X
Something that is usually misconstrued by most Somalis is that our Economy was huge during the Siad Barre era. Although the country was stable and had a powerful military the regime depended heavily on foreign aid from the Soviets then the US. Infrastructure outside the major towns was also poor. The fact that most cities grew a ton after the Barre is an example.

During the civil war the GDP didn't drop massively but stayed somewhat the same. This shows that if there was stability in somalia throughout the 90s and early 2000s there would've been massive development throughout the country and not just Xamar. Somalia would be in a great place in 2018 if peace and stability remained throughout the land. There's a possibility of Somalia selling oil making it even richer than what I think. It really sucks that we're in this situation :francis:
Something that is usually misconstrued by most Somalis is that our Economy was huge during the Siad Barre era. Although the country was stable and had a powerful military the regime depended heavily on foreign aid from the Soviets then the US. Infrastructure outside the major towns was also poor. The fact that most cities grew a ton after the Barre is an example.

During the civil war the GDP didn't drop massively but stayed somewhat the same. This shows that if there was stability in somalia throughout the 90s and early 2000s there would've been massive development throughout the country and not just Xamar. Somalia would be in a great place in 2018 if peace and stability remained throughout the land. There's a possibility of Somalia selling oil making it even richer than what I think. It really sucks that we're in this s
If civil war never happened? Somalia would have been no different to our neighbours Eritrea or Kenya.
Somalia was already ahead of those countries in the 70s and 80s. Eritrea was war-torn and in shambles around the time Siad was over-thrown. If there was a peaceful transfer of power somewhere in the late 80s what makes you think Somali would be no better than Eritrea??

You wouldn't be alive if it weren't for the civil war. Everything that happened in the past needed to be that way in order for you to be born in the circumstance you were born in.

I am proud of the civil war because if it didn't happen, my parents wouldn't have met in the US and birthed me.
That doemt apply to me. My parents left the country before the civil war.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Here are my thoughts on Somalia if the civil war never happened.

1. We would still be the Switzerland of Africa with the highest GDP per capita.

2. The population in Somalia would mostly consist of urban dwellers and farmers. The Somali nomads would've already converted into agro-pastoralism.

3. We could've possibly re-conquered Western Somalia and NFD from Ethiopia and Kenya.

4. Berbera, Bossaso, Hobyo, Mogadishu, and Kismayo would've already become modernized ports and would've taken serious advantage of our strategic location which would make Somalia filthy rich.

5. We would've had the most powerful navy in Africa where no nation would dare to enter in our waters and loot our fish nor dump toxic/nuclear waste into our waters. Plus, those Madows in Kenya wouldn't even claim our waters.

6. Tribalism would've been dead by now.

7. Our wildlife animals would've been in Somalia if the civil war never happened meaning Somalia could've had the largest tourism for wildlife.

8. Somalia could've possibly relocated all of the Bantus back to southeast Africa, already.

9. Somalia would've had a great diet meaning Somali men could be tall and muscular while Somali women would be fit and slim thick. We would've had alot of gyms and enough products to make our population healthy, strong and smart.

10. Somalia would've definitely been the most independent and self-sufficient nation in Africa doing well in Agriculture, fishery sector, livestock sector, water storage and usage, electricity usage, healthcare and many basics for human needs.

Biggie

X X C X X
That doemt apply to me. My parents left the country before the civil war.
Same here but with a peaceful Somalia there's a higher chance that they return to Somalia somewhere in the 90s or 2000s therefore having kids earlier/later. It isn't a guarantee that I would be born where I was or if I would be born at all lol.

2. The population in Somalia would mostly consist of urban dwellers and farmers. The Somali nomads would've already converted into agro-pastoralism.

3. We could've possibly re-conquered Western Somalia and NFD from Ethiopia and Kenya.

4. Berbera, Bossaso, Hobyo, Mogadishu, and Kismayo would've already become modernized ports and would've taken serious advantage of our strategic location which would make Somalia filthy rich.

5. We would've had the most powerful navy in Africa where no nation would dare to enter in our waters and loot our fish nor dump toxic/nuclear waste into our waters. Plus, those Madows in Kenya wouldn't even claim our waters.

7. Our wildlife animals would've been in Somalia if the civil war never happened meaning Somalia could've had the largest tourism for wildlife.

8. Somalia could've possibly relocated all of the Bantus back to southeast Africa, already.

9. Somalia would've had a great diet meaning Somali men could be tall and muscular while Somali women would be fit and slim thick. We would've had alot of gyms and enough products to make our population healthy, strong and smart.

10. Somalia would've definitely been the most independent and self-sufficient nation in Africa doing well in Agriculture, fishery sector, livestock sector, water storage and usage, electricity usage, healthcare and many basics for human needs.

I was

giphy.gif

Until I saw this.

:kodaksmiley:Fix up warya.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
The civil would’ve happened regardless. Even If the former president stepped down tribes would’ve still fought over the top seats. Democracy does not work for Somalia. Somalians are known for corruption and bribing :mybusiness:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The civil would’ve happened regardless. Even If the former president stepped down tribes would’ve still fought over the top seats. Democracy does not work for Somalia. Somalians are known for corruption and bribing :mybusiness:

Get outta here you Habshit! :camby:

If he stepped down peacefully and allowed a democratic election, civil war wouldn't even be in the minds of Somalis and they would've destroyed Ethiopia and took back their lands and that's why you thank God that Somalia destroyed themselves before they had a chance to destroy you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
Very true

Great post saxib. Also we would be a leader in clean energy with solar and wind capabilities. I’m mad we don’t take advantage of that now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts