What was your Khutbah about?

Today, our Khutbah was about the heart. The difference between the corrupt heart and the sound heart.
The Sheikh didn't talk about any treatments, I hope he touches on it next Khutbah in shaa Allah.

So, what was your Khutbah about today?

The last week's khutbah on Jumu'ah the Imam was mentioning not wasting our time in worldly affairs. That we should prepare for Al Akhirah which is the true destination. He further mentioned doing more acts of ibadah and build up our good deeds while we're healthy and sound of mind.

At work so I usually do Jumma with some other fellows If I can. If we got time I usually go off on a tangent about explaining different theological aspects to the deen or whatnot. Its fun being a sufi ngl.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
At work so I usually do Jumma with some other fellows If I can. If we got time I usually go off on a tangent about explaining different theological aspects to the deen or whatnot. Its fun being a sufi ngl.

Anything majorly different you do being Sufi, ie from everyone else.

Anything majorly different you do being Sufi, ie from everyone else.
Just differ theology wise but the core aspects for me remain the same i.e tawhid but also an emphasis on tasawuuf. Is it the same Islam practiced as it was 1400 years ago? No. It is more about gaining a path of attainment through mysticism you could say but based more on finding your inner peace through god. Niggas hear mysticism and immediately think praying on shrines etc... I dont do any of that daft shit. Dhikr is very important but I dont take it to far in that sense. Then again there are many type of sufism and its hard to just boil it down to one paragraph. For me sufism has been given a bad name by conservative salafs who takfir anyone and everyone and disregard that some of the great scholars of the past were also sufis. Essentially put attaining spirituality within sharia in some cases ( although I disagree with some aspects of this but this is my personal opinion) Its funny because Somalia historically had a great number of sufis but over the past 30 years with the spread of the cult of wahabbism its put an end to something that was integral to our culture.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda 🇦🇺🇸🇴
VIP
Its funny because Somalia historically had a great number of sufis but over the past 30 years with the spread of the cult of wahabbism its put an end to something that was integral to our culture.

Trust me, Somalia is still majority Sufi.

Even the Wahabbis are just Sufis with Saudi Arabian influences.

Yep they don't realise it because somali culture is so ingrained in sufism that its hard to just get rid of that even though wahabbism has been trying for the past 30 years. For me salafism to the extreme end is a traitorous to our rich Islamic culture weve had that works for us.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Just differ theology wise but the core aspects for me remain the same i.e tawhid but also an emphasis on tasawuuf. Is it the same Islam practiced as it was 1400 years ago? No. It is more about gaining a path of attainment through mysticism you could say but based more on finding your inner peace through god. Niggas hear mysticism and immediately think praying on shrines etc... I dont do any of that daft shit. Dhikr is very important but I dont take it to far in that sense. Then again there are many type of sufism and its hard to just boil it down to one paragraph. For me sufism has been given a bad name by conservative salafs who takfir anyone and everyone and disregard that some of the great scholars of the past were also sufis. Essentially put attaining spirituality within sharia in some cases ( although I disagree with some aspects of this but this is my personal opinion) Its funny because Somalia historically had a great number of sufis but over the past 30 years with the spread of the cult of wahabbism its put an end to something that was integral to our culture.

Dhikr is fine but some corrections are for the better. I remember a story of a relative told me back in the early 80s he went to Baydhabo and prayed on the grave of a dead sheikh for a good exam results in Uni/better job prospects in Xamar. Now he knows it was an ignorant thing to do, since thats shirk.

Are there any sources historically talking about mystic practices of Sufis in Somalia? I always thought that Sufism was more or less an umbrella term used by the west to describe any "liberal" muslim, and not a clearly defined practice in its own right. For example, people like Ibn Taymiyyah are highly regarded as sufis and yet he declared himself a sunni who followed the hanbali madhab.