What unique practices has been passed down by our ancestors?

Help

I got caught off guard when someone asked me this question, and I couldn't think of anything that isn't arab culture besides niiko and henna. Turns out henna originates in Asia, pakis call it mendi :susp:
When bantus assimilated niiko was incorporated and this is why it's mainly southern somalis that do niiko.

Som

VIP
If i mentioned them, people will call me self hater. let's just say our ancestors were as useless to the rest of the world, and to themselves, as we're to the world today and ourselves. Absolutely zero positive contributions to the world, and plenty of negatives.
How did Somalis contribute negatively to the rest of the world? Did we ever try to wipe out entire peoples from the face of the earth like cadaans did? Nope, the only damage we did was mostly to ourselves and not others. Speaking about positive contributions as I mentioned earlier somalis actively participated in several important kingdoms like Adal and Mogadishu, we were known traders and had several important scholars. For being a small population our ancestors did a lot of things. Remember that somalis were just 5 million 60 years ago, in the middle ages the whole somali population would have probably been less than 500k living a desertic country with few resources, it's unfair to compare somalis with China, Europeans or America.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
OMG! Thanks to Nafiso, I found this article written by the Los Angeles Times in 1993, talking about the Somali camel lol. Apparently Somalia had at the time 43% of the entire Africa continent’s camel population. There were more camels than people it says. It’s an interesting short read

I was told this then I went there and was wondering where all the camels where. But the second I left xamar for afgooye, for each person there was atleast 10 camels and this was in the town, the villages outside it for each person there was 100

I was told this then I went there and was wondering where all the camels where. But the second I left xamar for afgooye, for each person there was atleast 10 camels and this was in the town, the villages outside it for each person there was 100
Did u see any mounted on their camels

you're right, we weren't useless, we were very useless. :mjkkk:

it's 2021, and we don't have a single manufacturing plant or a factory anywhere in all of Somalia, NFD and Galbeed. we couldn't manufacture a fork to save Somalia.

now imagine and tell me how our ancestors were like? it's a miracle they managed to pass on their genes.:damn:
You know circumstances change right, what an emotional pussy you are. :ivers: Our ancestors didn’t have various enemy nations sabotaging thier progress at every step in the disguise of “help”. Plus there’s never been a war as destructive as the current one, so of course they thrived. Every nation has golden and dark ages, we’re currently in the latter sadly

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
First thing that come to my mind is mingiis.

I was thinking it as an interesting practice

giphy.gif

Trending

Latest posts