CULTURE What unique practices has been passed down by our ancestors?

Help

I got caught off guard when someone asked me this question, and I couldn't think of anything that isn't arab culture besides niiko and henna. Turns out henna originates in Asia, pakis call it mendi :susp:

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Have more confidence in yourself, and your heritage. Somalis have a lot of unique practices. Such as this :fittytousand:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Stop trolling,I need some interesting somali traditions unique to us :mjkkk:
but that is an interesting tradition that is unique to us. You wont see other cultures bite their camels on their noses. Im sure you ajnabi friends will find this fascinating. :mjdontkno:

OMG! Thanks to Nafiso, I found this article written by the Los Angeles Times in 1993, talking about the Somali camel lol. Apparently Somalia had at the time 43% of the entire Africa continent’s camel population. There were more camels than people it says. It’s an interesting short read

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
LOL niiko isn’t somali. the things that were passed on from our ancestors... well if your granparents were reer baadiye then maybe but most somalis from the city don’t have much traditions

If i mentioned them, people will call me self hater. let's just say our ancestors were as useless to the rest of the world, and to themselves, as we're to the world today and ourselves. Absolutely zero positive contributions to the world, and plenty of negatives.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
If i mentioned them, people will call me self hater. let's just say our ancestors were as useless to the rest of the world, and to themselves, as we're to the world today and ourselves. Absolutely zero positive contributions to the world, and plenty of negatives.
I wouldn't say useless we traded with niggas land of punt and stuff we wuz kangs

I wouldn't say useless we traded with niggas land of punt and stuff we wuz kangs
you're right, we weren't useless, we were very useless. :mjkkk:

it's 2021, and we don't have a single manufacturing plant or a factory anywhere in all of Somalia, NFD and Galbeed. we couldn't manufacture a fork to save Somalia.

now imagine and tell me how our ancestors were like? it's a miracle they managed to pass on their genes.:damn:

Som

VIP
Help

I got caught off guard when someone asked me this question, and I couldn't think of anything that isn't arab culture besides niiko and henna. Turns out henna originates in Asia, pakis call it mendi :susp:
Poetry probably. Even 19th century british explorer Richard Burton was surprised by the eloquence of somali poetry and those british people had no interest in saying anything good about us.

Som

VIP
you're right, we weren't useless, we were very useless. :mjkkk:

it's 2021, and we don't have a single manufacturing plant or a factory anywhere in all of Somalia, NFD and Galbeed. we couldn't manufacture a fork to save Somalia.

now imagine and tell me how our ancestors were like? it's a miracle they managed to pass on their genes.:damn:
Somalia was an average african country before 1991, maybe slightly better than average compared to others. We had factories, an army, air force, navy, an airline company , public schools, a legit university, hospitals etc... The current state of the somali nation is temporary.
I'm not a we wuz kangz type of guy but somalis had a good degree of "civilization" if compared to other people in africa and the rest of the world.
Somalis ruled Mogadishu in the middle ages which was one of the most important cities in africa, somalis fought and conquered ethiopia in the 16th century, somalis were known traders throughout the 19th century, somalis had several scholars of islam many of whom studied in the best islamic institutions of their times and contributed to islamic theology. So our ancestors did lots of interesting stuff

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts