What the hell did we do to her ? A girl from Niger said “I don’t like Somalia” when asked “which country you don’t like “

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Most Sub-Saharans have a fascination and admiration for Ethiopia mostly due to its fabricated reputation as a champion against European imperialism. I would like to add that I don't care about the way some faraway foreigners think of me, I leave their ignorance to them.

I wonder if most of these fools are aware that Somalis are the third largest ethnic group in the Ethiopia they are verbally felating. 💀 Or of how generally similar other Ethiopians' culture is to Somalis' culture.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Most Sub-Saharans have a fascination and admiration for Ethiopia mostly due to its fabricated reputation as a champion against European imperialism. I would like to add that I don't care about the way some faraway foreigners think of me, I leave their ignorance to them.

Actually I immediately figured out why they love Ethiopia. The first explained it. She said “they look like me and my people came from there”. She a Fulani. Since Ethiopia has more name recognition they love Ethiopia as Fulanis look like the horn people.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I wonder if most of these fools are aware that Somalis are the third largest ethnic group in the Ethiopia they are verbally felating. 💀 Or of how generally similar other Ethiopians' culture is to Somalis' culture.

Did you not know that the Somali nation is in the top 5 ethnicities in Africa.
We are 35m.
We are the only Ethnicity in Africa with their own nation.

However, we are cursed.

Actually I immediately figured out why they love Ethiopia. The first explained it. She said “they look like me and my people came from there”. She a Fulani. Since Ethiopia has more name recognition they love Ethiopia as Fulanis look like the horn people.
My people came from there kulaha :pachah1: where is this fufu eater getting her info from, the neighbourhood witch doctor? kkkk

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
My people came from there kulaha :pachah1: where is this fufu eater getting her info from, the neighbourhood witch doctor? kkkk

It's not a terrible leap considering the similarity in looks and she's a jahil with no real knowledge of the world. She can be forgiven. But in the end we only look similar cos, in essence, we are both Sahelian populations. Geographically intermediate between Sub-Saharans and North-Africans so our region became an intermingling point between the two both culturally and genetically.

Horners are essentially eastern Sahelians who became an intermediate between between Egyptians and Nilotes and who then migrated southwards into a northern part of Sub-Saharan Africa and gained some later Horn-HG and ancient Yemeni admixture. Her people are in turn western Sahelians who became an intermediate between Maghrebis and West-Africans. They're like a mirror image to us .

It's not a terrible leap considering the similarity in looks and she's a jahil with no real knowledge of the world. She can be forgiven. But in the end we only look similar cos, in essence, we are both Sahelian populations. Geographically intermediate between Sub-Saharans and North-Africans so our region became an intermingling point between the two both culturally and genetically.

Horners are essentially eastern Sahelians who became an intermediate between between Egyptians and Nilotes and who then migrated southwards into a northern part of Sub-Saharan Africa and gained some later Horn-HG and ancient Yemeni admixture. Her people are in turn western Sahelians who became an intermediate between Maghrebis and West-Africans. They're like a mirror image to us .
Okay, so you're saying we have the same origins but we branched off and diverged from them some time ago? If so that means we are somewhat related to each other but one didn't come from the other correct.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Okay, so you're saying we have the same origins but we branched off and diverged from them some time ago? If so that means we are somewhat related to each other but one didn't come from the other correct.

No, walaal. More like what I said; they are a mirror image. We do share origins but mostly through their Maghrebi side being related to our Egyptian side. We did not branch off from one mother population. It's more like we are descended from cousin populations who intermixed in different parts of the continent though the cousin bit is more like distant, distant cousin if you are comparing our Proto-Nilotic to their West-African since those two components haven't seemingly shared ancestry in maybe over as much as 25-30,000 years whereas the Maghrebi and Egyptian sides were probably sharing a whole lot of ancestry within the last 7-15,000 years.

To put it simply, they are a western version of us. More or less the same thing happened but with geographically polar opposite groups in Africa.

No, walaal. More like what I said; they are a mirror image. We do share origins but mostly through their Maghrebi side being related to our Egyptian side. We did not branch off from one mother population. It's more like we are descended from cousin populations who intermixed in different parts of the continent though the cousin bit is more like distant, distant cousin if you are comparing our Proto-Nilotic to their West-African since those two components haven't seemingly shared ancestry in maybe over as much as 25-30,000 years whereas the Maghrebi and Egyptian sides were probably sharing a whole lot of ancestry within the last 7-15,000 years.

To put it simply, they are a western version of us. More or less the same thing happened but with geographically polar opposite groups in Africa.
Alright, you've made it much clearer to understand thank you.

Why is it in every census or estimate we're placed 4th after Tigrayans?

Did you not know that the Somali nation is in the top 5 ethnicities in Africa.
We are 35m.
We are the only Ethnicity in Africa with their own nation.

However, we are cursed.
No we're not. We're Langaab next to the mighty Bantu who populate much of south, central and west Africa. Even with other horners like Oromo & Habesha on board we're still Langaab numbering less than 100 million Cushitic/Habesha vs 400 million Bantu.

The striking thing bout Niger is the strong Arab influence in their tradition, culture and even langauge. I've met people from Niger who're very dedicated to learn standard Arabic. Tbh Niger is more worthy of a seat in the Arab league than Somalia or Djibouti. These people at least speak it and heavily influenced by Arab culture.

We're mixed with Egyptian?!

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
We're mixed with Egyptian?!

Ancient, prehistoric Egyptian. From around the Neolithic. They would have mixed with the proto-Nilotic inhabitants of what is now Sudan and southern Egypt. We still need ancient autosomal DNA to fully confirm and get all the details but that's very much how it looks.

Ancient, prehistoric Egyptian. From around the Neolithic. They would have mixed with the proto-Nilotic inhabitants of what is now Sudan and southern Egypt. We still need ancient autosomal DNA to fully confirm and get all the details but that's very much how it looks.

I thought we were mixed with Nutfians who were from the Levent regions.