What sports that Somalis are underrepresented in would you like to see more Somalis partake in?

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Plenty professional players didn’t have access to nutritional food when they were young. I read a while back that Cristiano Ronaldo as a kid would be outside a McDonald’s at closing time to try and get the hamburgers they would throw out. That ain’t an excuse.
True but most somali ciyaals are not as determined as he was. And they never have any support either.
Somali’s play soccer and basketball for fun from middle school to high school and at times some even make it to D1 schools but that’s about it. Most don’t have support or someone to push them and be there for whatever they need. Idk about the UK but for example soccer here is expensive to play at youth level. I played youth soccer but I got helped by this cadaan family :pachah1: I did my thing but I didn’t pursue much more only played through high school. If you don’t have money or someone helping you it’s hard to play especially with select teams. Select teams are dominated by rich cadaans you don’t see many inner city kids on the teams.

Anyway my point is unless you have people behind you from day one you won’t get that far. Look at all the successful madows in sports most are brought up my single mothers but they have coaches, uncles, teachers etc who help them achieve their goals.
It's this basically

Trending

Latest posts