What sports that Somalis are underrepresented in would you like to see more Somalis partake in?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I’d like to see more Somali basketball players, Football players, Soccer players; Boxers, MMA fighters and Sprinters

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Javelin throwing. We and the Xabash need to get in on that and show these niggas thousands of years of spear throwing experience. Horn of Africa ZINDABAD!

We are kinda under represenatated in soccer, other africans are doing so good while we don't even have a well known somali player. What are the reason for that?. I imagine there could be a really good mid field somali player, thanks to our stamina and endurance

Apollo

VIP
Long-distance running. I think Nilotes and Cushites have an advantage in this biologically.

However, you need to train in either a temperate or a highland environment to compete with the elite long distance runners. Somalia doesn't have the climate for it, but in the West there are options.

Long distance running. I think Nilotes and Cushites have an advantage in this biologically.

However, you need to train in either a temperate or a highland environment to compete with the elite long distance runners. Somalia doesn't have the climate for it, but in the West there are options.
We already got mo farah a world renowned long distance runner, we need a famous Somali NBA player or boxer

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Long-distance running. I think Nilotes and Cushites have an advantage in this biologically.

Djibouti has had great long-distant runners and Mo' Farah still around.
In Djibouti, we have great runners.

People are just dreaming in here, no way a Somali will excel in any of these sports like football, basketball etc, we aren’t built for it. I want to see more faraxs playing cricket, tennis, snooker, any popular sport that doesn’t require constant contact.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
People are just dreaming in here, no way a Somali will excel in any of these sports like football, basketball etc, we aren’t built for it. I want to see more faraxs playing cricket, tennis, snooker, any popular sport that doesn’t require constant contact.
Tennis is a good sport for faraxs

With the right diet, workout and practice we could excel in those sports
If 1billion indians and 1billion chinese can’t excel in these physical sports then 12 million somalis won’t. It’s generations of diet that holds us back, not individual diet. In football Somalis excel up to U-18 and then can’t hack the physicality.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Javelin throwing. We and the Xabash need to get in on that and show these niggas thousands of years of spear throwing experience. Horn of Africa ZINDABAD!

@Apollo @cawaale I ain't messin', waryaatha!

The Ethiopian slave Wahsi, one of the first of his countrymen to embrace Islam, was famed for his skill with the spear. Ibn Ishaq's comment here is interesting, in that he specifically mentions that Wahsi could "throw a javelin as the Abyssinians do, and seldom missed the mark". Wahsi himself, questioned later at his house in Homs, mentioned that at the time when he killed Hamza, the prophet Muhammad's uncle, in battle, he was "a young Abyssinian, skilful like my countrymen in the use of the javelin" (Guillaume 1955: 371, 376). He also killed the false prophet Musaylima with his javelin after Muhammad's death. It seems from the reports about Wahsi's career that spear-fighting was an Ethiopian speciality at the time. - source

And Horners in general were known for preferring spear throwing over bows and arrows as recently as the Early Modern era from what I gather.

8VXHZKl.png

If 1billion indians and 1billion chinese can’t excel in these physical sports then 12 million somalis won’t. It’s generations of diet that holds us back, not individual diet. In football Somalis excel up to U-18 and then can’t hack the physicality.
You may be right, but after 2 or 3 generations of good diet, we should be able to catch up. And it isn't all about psychical either. Sweden has the height and the psysical for basketball, soccer and still doesn't exil in these sports. They only excel at winter sports like how somalis only excel at long distances running.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
@Apollo @cawaale I ain't messin', waryaatha!

The Ethiopian slave Wahsi, one of the first of his countrymen to embrace Islam, was famed for his skill with the spear. Ibn Ishaq's comment here is interesting, in that he specifically mentions that Wahsi could "throw a javelin as the Abyssinians do, and seldom missed the mark". Wahsi himself, questioned later at his house in Homs, mentioned that at the time when he killed Hamza, the prophet Muhammad's uncle, in battle, he was "a young Abyssinian, skilful like my countrymen in the use of the javelin" (Guillaume 1955: 371, 376). He also killed the false prophet Musaylima with his javelin after Muhammad's death. It seems from the reports about Wahsi's career that spear-fighting was an Ethiopian speciality at the time. - source

And Horners in general were known for preferring spear throwing over bows and arrows as recently as the Early Modern era from what I gather.

8VXHZKl.png

Informative stuff!

I'm only at picking up heavy stuff :pachah1: