What sports that Somalis are underrepresented in would you like to see more Somalis partake in?

If 1billion indians and 1billion chinese can’t excel in these physical sports then 12 million somalis won’t. It’s generations of diet that holds us back, not individual diet. In football Somalis excel up to U-18 and then can’t hack the physicality.
It’s more cultural rather than genetic, obviously not every East Asian or Indian will make it in the NBA or NFL but if those sports were more celebrated in those communities it’d motivate more East Asians and Indians to pursue a career in those sports and the ones with the proper genetics and training will make it to the league, same with Somalis

People are just dreaming in here, no way a Somali will excel in any of these sports like football, basketball etc, we aren’t built for it. I want to see more faraxs playing cricket, tennis, snooker, any popular sport that doesn’t require constant contact.
I honestly think we could excel in basketball if we had the leaping ability that madows have. Most Somalis are pretty tall on average and basketball doesn’t require too much strength.

Long-distance running. I think Nilotes and Cushites have an advantage in this biologically.

However, you need to train in either a temperate or a highland environment to compete with the elite long distance runners. Somalia doesn't have the climate for it, but in the West there are options.
That’s why mo farax is fast

and those habeshas he was racing ain’t slow they all look like qoris running :mjlol: :damn:

I honestly think we could excel in basketball if we had the leaping ability that madows have. Most Somalis are pretty tall on average and basketball doesn’t require too much strength.
We’re good at shooting threes I’ve noticed

i can never get in to the paint without getting smack or pushed to the ground them madows are built different:damn:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Cricket

giphy.gif

Mozart

You need people like me
If 1billion indians and 1billion chinese can’t excel in these physical sports then 12 million somalis won’t. It’s generations of diet that holds us back, not individual diet. In football Somalis excel up to U-18 and then can’t hack the physicality.
That’s not because of genetics. West Africans don’t just wake up one day with muscles, they train. How many 16 year old Somali’s go to the gym or do any resistance training ? Poor diet + no workout routine is the reason why.

We’re good at shooting threes I’ve noticed

i can never get in to the paint without getting smack or pushed to the ground them madows are built different:damn:
Lmao you play with them man who are on the football team or something sxb :mjlaugh: 3>2s though word to steph Curry
giphy.gif

I don’t see how Somalis in Europe not making in soccer leagues. The sport doesn’t even require the athleticism Basketball demands. Euro Somalis failed in that regard smh.

I used to ask UK Somalis while watching soccer/futbol, “how can this 5 foot nothing Spaniard and Brit make it and you guys can’t? :drakewtf:

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
I don’t see how Somalis in Europe not making in soccer leagues. The sport doesn’t even require the athleticism Basketball demands. Euro Somalis failed in that regard smh.

I used to ask UK Somalis while watching soccer/futbol, “how can this 5 foot nothing Spaniard and Brit make it and you guys can’t? :drakewtf:
Because there either really skinny or really fat. Most somalis I've seen are either overweight or extremely skinny. The reason is most if them grow up in poverty. So they don't grow up having a nutritios diet. Also most somali parents don't take sports too seriously

Because there either really skinny or really fat. Most somalis I've seen are either overweight or extremely skinny. The reason is most if them grow up in poverty. So they don't grow up having a nutritios diet. Also most somali parents don't take sports too seriously
Bro how are they too fat or skinny while living in Europe? There not growing up in “poverty” compared to Somalis in Somalia.

Somali parents do kill sport dreams but there should be at least a couple that made it through the cracks.

Those guys trained at young age in academies and sleep, breathe soccer
They have technical skills while Africans etc. Have physical but no African team won world cup so

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Bro how are they too fat or skinny while living in Europe? There not growing up in “poverty” compared to Somalis in Somalia.

Somali parents do kill sport dreams but there should be at least a couple that made it through the cracks.
They definitely are. Poverty in somalia means you struggle to eat and find a place to sleep. But Poverty in Europe is like they live In government housing and survive on welfare. They don't struggle for food but they struggle for nutritional foods. That is what they don't have access to

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Somali’s play soccer and basketball for fun from middle school to high school and at times some even make it to D1 schools but that’s about it. Most don’t have support or someone to push them and be there for whatever they need. Idk about the UK but for example soccer here is expensive to play at youth level. I played youth soccer but I got helped by this cadaan family :pachah1: I did my thing but I didn’t pursue much more only played through high school. If you don’t have money or someone helping you it’s hard to play especially with select teams. Select teams are dominated by rich cadaans you don’t see many inner city kids on the teams.

Anyway my point is unless you have people behind you from day one you won’t get that far. Look at all the successful madows in sports most are brought up my single mothers but they have coaches, uncles, teachers etc who help them achieve their goals.

They definitely are. Poverty in somalia means you struggle to eat and find a place to sleep. But Poverty in Europe is like they live In government housing and survive on welfare. They don't struggle for food but they struggle for nutritional foods. That is what they don't have access to
Plenty professional players didn’t have access to nutritional food when they were young. I read a while back that Cristiano Ronaldo as a kid would be outside a McDonald’s at closing time to try and get the hamburgers they would throw out. That’s survival and hunger. That ain’t an excuse.