What somali myths do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
So i have heard growing up numerous somali myths like
"Eating fish and drinking milk will make you sick" and "Sprite/7up cures any kind of stomach problem".
What are the most bizarre somali myths you have heard?

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
I've heard a myth that a lion would snatch people from miyi Galkacyo in the middle of the night.

Fels

#trollhunter
"Eating fish and drinking milk will make you sick" and "Sprite/7up cures any kind of stomach problem".
It would have to be queen arawalo bless her:rejoice:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Randomly or after an incident?
  • Eating fish, milk and banana will make you tall overnight or also sick(constipated)
  • Satan watches over you cutting your nails at night:ohno:
  • Scaring children that if they don't sleep early at night 'dheg dheer' will come and haunt them (dad qalato, maryo cad, qori ismaris, etc)
  • If you dream at night with your legs bended, you can't run in your dream if somebody/something runs after you in your dreams:ayaanswag:(something is fishy about this)
Forgot about others, but will try to recall:samwelcome:

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
  • Eating fish, milk and banana will make you tall overnight or also sick(constipated)
  • Satan watches over you cutting your nails at night:ohno:
  • Scaring children that if they don't sleep early at night 'dheg dheer' will come amd haunt them (dad qalato, maryo cad, qori ismaris, etc)
  • If you dream at night with your legs bended, you can't run in your dream if somebody/something runs after you in your dreams:ayaanswag:(something is fishy about this)
Forgot about others, but will try to recall:samwelcome:
First time hearing something good about the fish/milk myth
:russ:

I heard there was a woman who wpulw seduce men driving at night. She'd tske a ride and the men would only notice her legs when she walked out of the car.

Her legs were that of a goat and shr had hooves

I heard there was a woman who wpulw seduce men driving at night. She'd tske a ride and the men would only notice her legs when she walked out of the car.

Her legs were that of a goat and shr had hooves
I remember this one scaring me the most. And the one about a man who married a jinn.
Murursades wax bay is mariyaan at night and they go out to eat people. kkkkk
:gucciwhat:
None of the myths ever involved eating people, it was always just werewolf/qori ismaris type stories. Behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending