What region would be called Somaliweyns 🇸🇴 Bible Belt?

Every region has its own community or segment of religious and irreligious people. It’s not one stretching belt across a country or a specific region, all Somali regions have religious movements and in my home region of mudug I can think of a few

Definitely not Khatumo. The reer baadiyo aroosyo I’ve seen from there are wild.

Somalis are pseudo religious people. They’ll claim to be religious but will still engage in violence, is dabsaar, bililiqo, discrimination, jaajusnimo, you name it. When we’re voting for a “religious” region, we’re voting for the region with the least fasahaad iyo fusuq. In that case, I vote for Togdheer. They’re hot headed, annoying ppl but don’t really engage in all the aforementioned nonsense.

Tradition is strong in all regions except metropolitan areas. Especially in Somali Galbeed.

Hadraawi and Hurre Walanwaal, they’re brothers btw.
How come we never heard of their gabay? Did these men just spawn?🤔

Chillin

Farxiyo fiska’s body guard
Anywhere outside the big cities maybe south central badiyo or Somali galbeed badiyo hard to say considering how Somalis barely populate areas outside big cities tho

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Galmudug, home of the brave of course.

Realistically today its the areas under strict AS control that are conservative. Once they are liberated, the situation will change with time.

Bias aside, Galmudug is the home of hardcore sufis. Suufida are not some hippies, raggaas are almost a cult and very, very conservative. Subcis with AK47 hanging in their shoulders type. I could see them become our amish in the future.

They are so attached to their sect and way of life that they will be the ones in the future to withstand challenges of modernity.
That wont happen

I don't think one whole region qualifies but Awdal would fit the description.

If we are talking about a specific town, then probably Raaso in Somali Galbeed. It's practically all ulema and students of knowledge.

No idea. I was talking about religiosity cuz Burco is the Salafi capital of Somaliweyn.

I would say the north (including Hawd) is most conservative when it comes to poetry & culture as well.
Burco and other neighbouring areas needs to ditch the “Nabiga” and “Diinta” followed by expletives culture. The most blasphemous culture to exist within Somalis.

attash

Amaan Duule
Burco and other neighbouring areas needs to ditch the “Nabiga” and “Diinta” followed by expletives culture. The most blasphemous culture to exist within Somalis.
They have always done this, even the British were shocked 😂

1715871846678.png

Trending

Latest posts