What region would be called Somaliweyns 🇸🇴 Bible Belt?

I’ve seen videos of Somalis partying and dancing to garbage Afro music in Somaliland Djibouti Puntland Jubaland NFD but not Somalis from the Ogaden region I only find videos of them doing dhaanto this doesn’t count as partying so I would say Ogadenia is the Bible Belt of Somaliweyn.

They even dance like the madows in these nightclubs. Children (mainly girls) come out and dance all night in jabuuti like what you see in Brazil little girls in shorts dancing. They sell lean MDMA powder cocaine heroin and all kinds of other trash in Mogadishu. There are ajnabi teachers (could be gay) in Somaliland and Puntland, there have been rumours of men screwing each other in puntland and Somaliland it must have been influenced by these ajnabi teachers.

Now Somali “rappers” from Mogadishu are rapping about women and sex just like madow rappers and sadly somali people think it’s reer magaalnimo.

attash

Amaan Duule
Is there any famous Somali poet from Burco? I looked and couldn’t find anything🤔
No idea. I was talking about religiosity cuz Burco is the Salafi capital of Somaliweyn.

I would say the north (including Hawd) is most conservative when it comes to poetry & culture as well.

Khatumo maybe
Definitely not Khatumo. The reer baadiyo aroosyo I’ve seen from there are wild.

Somalis are pseudo religious people. They’ll claim to be religious but will still engage in violence, is dabsaar, bililiqo, discrimination, jaajusnimo, you name it. When we’re voting for a “religious” region, we’re voting for the region with the least fasahaad iyo fusuq. In that case, I vote for Togdheer. They’re hot headed, annoying ppl but don’t really engage in all the aforementioned nonsense.

Tradition is strong in all regions except metropolitan areas. Especially in Somali Galbeed.
Is there any famous Somali poet from Burco? I looked and couldn’t find anything🤔
Hadraawi and Hurre Walanwaal, they’re brothers btw.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Galmudug, home of the brave of course.

Realistically today its the areas under strict AS control that are conservative. Once they are liberated, the situation will change with time.

Bias aside, Galmudug is the home of hardcore sufis. Suufida are not some hippies, raggaas are almost a cult and very, very conservative. Subcis with AK47 hanging in their shoulders type. I could see them become our amish in the future.

They are so attached to their sect and way of life that they will be the ones in the future to withstand challenges of modernity.

Trending

Latest posts