What race were the moors?

That makes sense.
Yeah slave soldiers tended to be powerful in the Muslim world.

In Egypt, slave soldiers from Asia and Caucasus mountains set up their own sultanate, Mamluk.

In the Ottoman empire, Greek and Slavic slave soldiers, Janissary, ran the government.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I was fully aware that not all were black, as many realistic Arab/Berber portraits were painted in that era, but black portraits were also painted as well, which made me assume that many were indeed also black as well.
your name is halimak am guessing your a halima why bother with stealing history thier is so many great somali or cushitic characters in our history you can be proud of or other black bantu nilotic civilizations nubia aksum ethiopia etc

Blemmyes (defeated rome)
1591659962940.png

medjay egyptian elite gueards cushitic warriors (participated in many egyptian battles)

1591660032458.png

emperor lalibela the builder of the lalibela church

1591660089949.png

and said of mogadishu first african ambassador
1591660167261.png

your name is halimak am guessing your a halima why bother with stealing history thier is so many great somali or cushitic characters in our history you can be proud of or other black bantu nilotic civilizations nubia aksum ethiopia etc

Blemmyes (defeated rome)
View attachment 124822

egyptian elite gueards medjay cushitic warriors (participated in many egyptian battles)

View attachment 124823

emperor lalibela the builder of the lalibela church

View attachment 124824

You can relax.

Not once did I associate the Moors with Somalis.

If I did think some of them were black, I would have thought the black ones were Fulani or from modern day Chad.

What does that have to do with me or Somalis???

:ayaanswag:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
You can relax.

Not once did I associate the Moors with Somalis.

If I did think some of them were black, I would have thought the black ones were Fulani or from modern day Chad.

What does that have to do with me or Somalis???

:ayaanswag:
lool your actually kinda funny believe me if the moors were somali i would be the first to claim them and spread the information but unfortunately they were not black or even somali

lets be realistic abayo we need actual proof backed by sources not middle age propaganda besides the prospects of the moors being black despite the overwhelming evidence indicating thier not is nothing but fantasy

The moors were originally north africans but this term was quickly used for any muslim in al andalus that's why many blacks and local iberians were called "moors".

What you posted are orientalist paintings from the XIXth century representing harem/palace guards (abeed) but this is how christians depicted the moors during the middle age :

04-15-documentacic3b3n-cantigas-de-santa-marc3ada-185d-ejc3a9rcito-moro-menc3a9ndez-pidal-nasr...jpg

main-qimg-d4790a27de6693ab3a692edec2064cec.jpg

main-qimg-71cd188391970f6d001dce23bb906db1.jpg

Castillia.jpg

main-qimg-ea43ad880fe9ce8b3b58acef945ea72d.jpg

1024px-Mohammed_bin_Hadou_Moroccan_ambassador_to_Great_Britain_1682.jpg

52126721_1226378747521290_1725123719526875136_n.jpg

Most were North Africans, no question. But at least 30% of them were Black/intermediates. Looking at the North African genetics, this makes very much sense, because they carry substantial Subsaharan DNA.

4EE4C067-6B45-4528-B61E-CD491C74CAE8.jpeg

this is a very famous painting associated with the Reconquista. the Muslims are clearly not depicted as black. the afrocentrists claim EVERYONE was black.

Many of them were depicted and described as what we would consider black today but black is a recent descriptor. A lot of NA's would be considered black in America and people will say that it is due to slavery even though whites were also enslaved in that region. Why would it be shocking that some moors were black when north Africa is also in Africa and obviously mixing could occur? Some people won't give madows credit for anything.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Damn if black people dont have moors then what do we have:jcoleno: What a curse it is to be black La Hawla
Now you understand why we don't identify as black. It's okay sxb, you can still join the light side.
:mjpls:

Apollo

VIP
They were mostly typical Maghrebis (Berbers, Arabized Berbers), but with some Sub-Saharan African mercenaries, slaves, and or former slaves. Since Black Africans were extremely rare in Europe back then medieval Europeans were shocked by some of the black troops the Moors had and thus often emphasized this in their art work, but I doubt they were the majority of the Moors.

They were mostly typical Maghrebis (Berbers, Arabized Berbers), but with some Sub-Saharan African mercenaries, slaves, and or former slaves. Since Black Africans were extremely rare in Europe back then medieval Europeans were shocked by some of the black troops the Moors had and thus often emphasized this in their art work, but I doubt they were the majority of the Moors.
Moroccans were about 1/3rd Sub-Saharan African at a certain point in time. The Sahara didn't act as a physical barrier from Sub-Saharan Africans. Moroccans have ancient DNA from both East and West Africa.The The Moroccans had a lot of concubines from Europe.

Apollo

VIP
Moroccans were about 1/3rd Sub-Saharan African at a certain point in time. The Sahara didn't act as a physical barrier from Sub-Saharan Africans. Moroccans have ancient DNA from both East and West Africa.The The Moroccans had a lot of concubines from Europe.

The majority of the population back then (Middle Ages) and now in the Maghreb were similar.