What race were the moors?

I think Moors were black but people claim they were Arabs.
E2E6C9E4-2956-4D85-83B2-5364D7745A10.jpeg

E543C267-D535-487C-B9A1-AADC82F21A16.jpeg

8159D04B-C275-4832-951A-3F950F7D2516.jpeg

AE86E9D9-6BAC-4CAE-8AB1-05480C8E1068.jpeg

24C0F3AE-1C98-48C7-BA50-39DD837C8279.jpeg

I think they were mixed with a significant Black population. Some people claim they were normal-looking North Africans, and heavily downplay the African influence, which can't be true as Europeans emphasized dark skin individuals in their art when portraying Moors.

The root Word for 'Moor' is 'Mauri' which is an indigenous name for the North Africans/Berbers.

When the Muslim North Africans invaded Iberia, the Spanish/Iberians corrupted the name 'Mauri' to 'Moor', since the vast majority of the invading Army was made up by Berbers/Mauri people.

Moors are genetically berber you cant argue against genetics, No descriptions from their era alludes to them being non arab or berber either, All forms of iberian muslim culture was arabic berber or native iberian in origin as well

They were arabized berbers and non arabized berbers, Some were fair skinned and some were darker, But none were black and none were negroid
So where europeans blind or something
They described the first moors as pitch black only their white teeth was showing
All statues were black
Were this people high on khat or?

So if the moors were blacks and related to the nilo saharan populations of west africa, Why is the cultural output of the moors much greater and valid then any of forms of human knowledge created in Songhai or Ghana empires? Why did they become great in iberia but not in west africa?

So where europeans blind or something
They described the first moors as pitch black only their white teeth was showing
All statues were black
Were this people high on khat or?
All of the black descriptions is from the 18000s so they could claim that moors were nothing but black savages in their words not mine

What type of dumb question is this? How do you know they are black? If they were descendants from blacks beyond the sahara why are their culture artichture literature and such related to the blacks of sahara?
The main reason why Europeans usually depicted them as Blacks in their Art was to distance them even further and make them look even more foreign. It was all just propaganda.

This is a true Moor/Berber:
MoorishAmbassador_to_Elizabeth_I.jpg

The root Word for 'Moor' is 'Mauri' which is an indigenous name for the North Africans/Berbers.

When the Muslim North Africans invaded Iberia, the Spanish/Iberians corrupted the name 'Mauri' to 'Moor', since the vast majority of the invading Army was made up by Berbers/Mauri people.

Europeans who saw them in the flesh presented them as black and drew them as such. Even famous plays like Othello presents the Moors as black.

Why is that?

Clearly a good percentage of them were black.