What makes your Job rewarding? The reasons for which you stay on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past my job felt intellectually rewarding but nowadays I do it for the money. I'm spending all my free hours practicing writing screenplays, hoping to sell one in the future. Until then I will be working within the same field.

In the past my job felt intellectually rewarding but nowadays I do it for the money. I'm spending all my free hours practicing writing screenplays, hoping to sell one in the future. Until then I will be working within the same field.

What caused the change in how you felt about your job? Good luck with your screenplay writing. Must be hard to make inroads as a rookie and get takers for what you produce at first without connections in the industry. The field must be crowded already?

What caused the change in how you felt about your job? Good luck with your screenplay writing. Must be hard to make inroads as a rookie and get takers for what you produce at first without connections in the industry. The field must be crowded already?
I haven't reached out to anyone yet, I want to write something I'm proud of before I do that.

The reason I'm disillusioned is because my day job has become applying known solutions to known problems. Unless you work in a fringe area most projects within my field is applying known solutions to known problems.

Edit - also I love movies.

I haven't reached out to anyone yet, I want to write something I'm proud of before I do that.

The reason I'm disillusioned is because my day job has become applying known solutions to known problems. Unless you work in a fringe area most projects within my field is applying known solutions to known problems.

Edit - also I love movies.

Once you cover known problems and have applied known solutions to same problems, excitement dies with familiarity. Repetition kills the fun. Luckily for me, I have to figure out what happened always before I can apply a solution. Tracing is fun, then Solving the problem can be applying a known solution or a different one depending on the outcome of the investigation.

I also picked a side habit indirectly related to my work to deepen my knowledge. And the opportunity to learn from others is always there. People are doing something exciting all the time around me.

I love movies too man. Saw thousands of them. Good social engineering tools too. It is a way to influence a culture. A weapon for good and bad causes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.