What makes your Job rewarding? The reasons for which you stay on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Reasons are:

A- Applied Science. All the boring formulas I learned in high school and college are applicable in what I do. Remember that mean free path formula in general chemistry? The One that talked about the distance a molecule travels in between collisions with other molecules? The Avogadro's number? Kinetic theory of Gases, Ideal Gas law, Diffusion and permeation, thermal conductivity, oh yes, that famous Maxwell's equations of electromagnetism as well. Optics, diffraction, refraction and so on. We have instruments that use all these laws to do some cool work.

B- People I work with are great mostly. There isn't the sort of undermining each other that goes on in private companies where people become snitches and kiss ass to the boss to look good. At my work, your job skills speak for themselves. If you suck at what you do, it will be apparent because others rely on you for their work and results. There is pressure for that reason but it comes with the job and it is rewarding when you get things moving along.

C- Opportunity to expand my horizon in science and learn more.

D- Good retirement options.

So, what are your reasons for working where you work? For the money? you are a business person and like working for yourself? Reasons for doing what you do are plenty.

Let us know what are you reasons...

I got to feed the kids and make the wife happy bra.:nahgirl:

Good motivating factors that keeps people working. Wife and Kids are the stuff of dreams for boys as they are growing up. So when you have wife and get kids, partial achievement in your dreams waaye :nvjpqts:

Plus you are not a dead beat dad.

kaluumayste

Take the Poo to the loo
Good motivating factors that keeps people working. Wife and Kids are the stuff of dreams for boys as they are growing up. So when you have wife and get kids, partial achievement in your dreams waaye :nvjpqts:

Plus you are not a dead beat dad.

This is what its all about bra Kids, raising good and healthy kids, make the wife feel loved and appreciated, Help the poor and relatives.
Money and wealth ? you ain't taking that with you to the grave.

This is what its all about bra Kids, raising good and healthy kids, make the wife feel loved and appreciated, Help the poor and relatives.
Money and wealth ? you ain't taking that with you to the grave.

Money and Wealth are useful tools to do greater good and can make your grave experience more pleasant. I prefer knowledge to both although it helps to have all of them at your disposal. I think people who do what they have passion for as a profession and make money out of it are happy individuals.

I was curious growing up and had too many questions for anyone to answer. Luck would have it for me to end up in the US and get a job in a place that led to the fulfillment of my curiosities about nature.

I used to ask many questions and nobody seemed to know the answer(like why is the sky blue?). Now I can answer those nagging questions while making money on the side lol.

Helping unassigned refugee children achieve refugee status and allowing a single mother to keep her appartement despite protest from a sleazy lender.

Nice. Very good profession indeed. When your job has an impact like that which is positive, it is rewarding. Thanks for sharing.

kaluumayste

Take the Poo to the loo
Larry im reading hear that you have scammed people on this site. rumor has it that you conned a brother for all his life savings. what du have to say to this?
stockbroker_rumors.gif

@EedoMenace Look what the witch hunter has started.
Larry please dont hack my bank account :damn:the money in my account is not for me, but my 2 year old son's college fees. larry don't hack me i beg you :jcoleno:if you can find it in your heart to not hack me, it would mean the world to me and my son. :farmajoyaab:
I'm in contact with your qabiil elders:farmajoyaab:
Waar ninkan caddaanka ya saga tusay meeshan:noneck: walaal waxaannu Ilaah ka baryayaaye in oo shar kissa naga ilaaliyo. Aamin.

When I get paid on the 1st and on the 15th :mjhaps:

Other than that, I hate my job and co-workers:mjhaps:

I'm just in it for the money :mjhaps:

Time to prepare for the future job that you will love doing bro whilst you keep this one. It is not healthy to stay in a place you don't like even if the money is good.

I understand maintaining a life style and paying rent is crucial, but getting to a place you love is also something we need to aspire to.

Take one class at a time in a community college to get where you want. You will retire to Somalia with good prospects.

Time to prepare for the future job that you will love doing bro whilst you keep this one. It is not healthy to stay in a place you don't like even if the money is good.

I understand maintaining a life style and paying rent is crucial, but getting to a place you love is also something we need to aspire to.

Take one class at a time in a community college to get where you want. You will retire to Somalia with good prospects.

True, but I don't want to be doing this job forever (I like the salary). I have plans for the future to be my own boss inshallah :mjhaps:

Were first generation so we have to start from the bottom up. We have to start working a 9-5 suit and tie jobs straight out of university/college, where we have to be fake af and laugh at every corny joke made by Bill or Brad :mjhaps:

Nepotism isn't on our side, like caadan people who have everything handed to them from their parents :mjhaps:

True, but I don't want to be doing this job forever (I like the salary). I have plans for the future to be my own boss inshallah :mjhaps:

Were first generation so we have to start from the bottom up. We have to start working a 9-5 suit and tie jobs straight out of university/college, where we have to be fake af and laugh at every corny joke made by Bill or Brad :mjhaps:

Nepotism isn't on our side, like caadan people who have everything handed to them from their parents :mjhaps:

Of course. Social skills and using your enemies to advance your career and get ahead are important in the West. Still, planning on the side for a better future is important too bro.

You have the right attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending