what is the nomadic Somali diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to change my diet to replicate what our ancestors ate which makes intuitive sense. So far I've only come up with camel meat and other livestock , camel milk and the odd grains like sorghum etc. It seems similar to the carnivore diet with some regional tweaking but I think there has to be more to it. Any camel produce is ridiculously expensive though so an alternative is needed.

Last edited:

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
I've been trying to change my diet to replicate what our ancestors ate which makes intuitive sense. So far I've only come up with camel meat and other livestock , camel milk and the odd grains like sorghum etc. It seems similar to the carnivore diet with some regional tweaking but I think there has to be more to it. Any camel produce is ridiculously expensive though so an alternative is needed.
Hilib and walking for a long time. Our ancestors had longer lifespans than the queens and kings of europe. Even today, its not odd to find 100 year old somali men

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
I think it's Caano geel/lo'o, hilib/livestocks's meat, soor/ kinda like maize flour..

Breakfast; Canjeero/laxoox with otkac/muqmad with any shaah

Lunch; This is kinda modern somali food, so it's either baasto with sauce or bariis with suugo or any other

Casaryo/Asr; shaah cadeys, could be milk direct from animals or the ones in the shop... We prefer caano xooleyd as geeljires

Supper; this depends on different somali region.. Let's say the Koonfur; they eat cambuulo as supper

Waqooyi, it depends some eat bariis just like the afternoon while some snacks and juices.. but then everyone isn't eating the same

NfD; supper is like Ugali/soor or bariis iyo cambuulo just like the koonfur or baasto and bariis.

Let's me something about our forefathers; I heard times like casr/evening, they use to do gabeey/amaan= complimenting our somali ethnicity, while drinking their shaah... I don't wanna say something about this generation..:kanyehmm:

Last edited:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
As for exercise, Geeljire used to run in their spare time.. They also used to do something called lagdi,=it's kinda wrestling, but not punching each other or hurting

Herding livestocks for long hours till habeen/night is another work= they used to drink Camel milk, which gave em the energy

Watering livestocks singlehandedly at night or evening/Asr

Jumping challenges
Climbing trees
Training with arrows..

A geeljire never feared of attacks from deadly wild animal roaming around baadiyo.. I think it depends tho..

For me, I have encountered many adeers of mine being attacked by lions& hyenas, but they saved themselves from the wild animals. I saw the evidence too, (Scars of biting and so on)

Again this generation, I don't wanna say something about them:kanyehmm:

Last edited:
I think it's Caano geel/lo'o, hilib/livestocks's meat, soor/ kinda like maize flour..

Breakfast; Canjeero/laxoox with otkac/muqmad with any shaah

Lunch; This is kinda modern somali food, so it's either baasto with sauce or bariis with suugo or any other

Casaryo/Asr; shaah cadeys, could be milk direct from animals or the ones in the shop... We prefer caano xooleyd as geeljires

Supper; this depends on different somali region.. Let's say the Koonfur; they eat cambuulo as supper

Waqooyi, it depends some eat bariis just like the afternoon while some snacks and juices.. but then everyone isn't eating the same

NfD; supper is like Ugali/soor or bariis iyo cambuulo just like the koonfur or baasto and bariis.

Let's me something about our forefathers; I heard times like casr/evening, they use to do gabeey/amaan= complimenting our somali ethnicity, while drinking their shaah... I don't wanna say something about this generation..:kanyehmm:
It is not laxox saxb it it malawax correct tht:susp:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
It is not laxox saxb it it malawax correct tht:susp:
You southerners have dhib walle...
Canjeero, laxoos same thing..

Malawax is the other one with spotted blacks/ reddish dots.... I didn't mention that, you're right....but Laxoox is like Canjeero, waryaa hence the slash ( / ) symbol. I could have added muufo/ceesh and stuffs like that u know!!:mahubowtf:

Last edited:
What is malawax
Laxox tht sound arab correct one is malawax
Malawax is the sweet the think were flawer and eggs milk mix together you know what i am talking about do you want pic of it
No. Laxoox iyo canjeero wa iisku mid. Same thing. Malawax u add 3 eggs milk sugar and little bit of salt
I know what your talking about. In the states malawax is regular flour while canjeero is made with self rising. Am i right.

You southerners have dhib walle...
Canjeero, laxoos same thing..

Malawax is the other one with spotted blacks/ reddish dots.... I didn't mention that, you're right....but Laxoox is like Canjeero, waryaa hence the slash ( / ) symbol:mahubowtf:
This is malawax

This is canjeero

No. Laxoox iyo canjeero wa iisku mid. Same thing. Malawax u add 3 eggs milk sugar and little bit of salt
I know what your talking about. In the states malawax is regular flour while canjeero is made with self rising. Am i right.
Waryaa goto google write malawax then click pic you will see what i am talking about

Laxox is loan word from ayrabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending