What is the most defining somali defining feature? Or which combinations of features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed a minority of Somalis can have East Asian-like eyes.. maybe like 2%. I have seen them from time to time. I think it is from Nilotes who have it at a higher frequency (4%-9%).

Yo that’s literally my grandpa.

His nickname is Korean because he has the monolid. I’ve always wondered where it came from because nobody else has that.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
High cheekbone.
Soft skin
Nearly perfect symmetrical face
Thin boned
Nice nose
High round forehead
Any eyeshape really whether it be almond, big, mongoloid.
Usually short mouth is common I've seen.
Smaller chin than top head half

That's what I've seen alot. If I had to choose one as most somali feature itd either be cheekbone or forehead or maybe short mouth since I haven't seen other races with it as common as us.:cosbyhmm:

here are some pictures a photographer took in somaliland and puntland of everyday folks.
IMG_2154.jpg
IMG_2153.jpg
IMG_2152.jpg
IMG_2149.jpg
IMG_2150.jpg

Absolutely. And when I had very short hair as a child, it looked straight but as it grows, the curls and kinks start to appear. I’m talking to men about hair so their knowledge on this topic is very limited.
I thought I was the only one. My hair was pretty straight at one point now its curly :hmm:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
No habibti. I have time jilec that reaches my lower-back. I have to wear the hijab when women like @Basra come to my house and hide my hair brushes, incase they do their sixir and I end up with a bidar like @Kodeen who is 21.

Having soft hair is not the same as having straight hair.
My AAbco workers be touching my hair weekly. A couple weeks ago I was told it feels Cotten like.

Last week I was asked who in my family got the good hair. I didn’t really know how to respond. I just said I’m somali we have hair that varies from what I have to long soft hair.

She was even more confused cause she didn’t know what somali hair looked like so I had to show her pictures of my siblings.

I didn’t want to say anything rude.

This is a rat show or what? How everybody look like rats so??? LOL!

just fuckin with y'all....go ahead post the next rodent pic!

Button nose - Hands down the best noses. Cadaans/Arabs/Iranians get surgeries to get noses like ours. Theirs are naturally bigger or more hooked.
I thought Somalis generally have aquiline noses? I have an aquiline nose but it's def shorter than people like Iranians
Button noses are kind of Madow
69adf796b56ea8142eb610ab76018c7c.jpg

I thought Somalis generally have aquiline noses? I have an aquiline nose but it's def shorter than people like Iranians
Button noses are kind of Madow
69adf796b56ea8142eb610ab76018c7c.jpg
Madow noses are rarely ever described as button. They have wide noses like this:
Somalia_farmers.jpg

Button noses generally means smaller, more delicate noses. The hooked one is on the left, compared to the more beautiful button one on the right:

Rinoplastia_takata_nawas.jpg

There is no defining features for a Somali national except being African. I'm a Somali national but I don't look like Abdullahi Yusuf the cannibal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts