What is on your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Since I've been living alone for the past year, I've become a totally different person. I'm far more prone to anger and have 0 tolerance or patience for anything. My friends who knew me before tell me I'm not the same as I used to be, as I was a lot more cheerful and light-hearted now I'm a lot more brooding and cynical.

For instance, last week a child was begging for money at the train station, he held me up by trying to steal my wallet and I missed my train and was late for uni as a result. I shouted at him to f*ck off and pushed him to the floors so hard he banged his head and cried his eyes out.

The weird thing is I didn't feel bad AT ALL about what I did.

I think I need to talk to a shrink.
You could of easily gave him a concussion fam wtf

VixR

Veritas
2019 = mixed bag af. Huge positives, big negatives. Whiplash.

I noticed I don’t really give the positives their weight. Always looking forward to the next thing. Feeling lukewarm even when it’s a huge deal, bc I feel it’s only a step.

Today marks the first day I went to the gym of my own accord. It was an interesting experience. In the beginning, I hated it and wanted to go back home. Near the end, I wanted to continue on and push myself even more. I’m surprised that I lasted one hour since I was practically fasting today. It wasn’t an intentional fast but happened because I didn’t felt like eating. Anyways, I’m going to hold myself accountable and set a fitness goal. I’m glad I went and plan on going again tomorrow.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Today marks the first day I went to the gym of my own accord. It was an interesting experience. In the beginning, I hated it and wanted to go back home. Near the end, I wanted to continue on and push myself even more. I’m surprised that I lasted one hour since I was practically fasting today. It wasn’t an intentional fast but happened because I didn’t felt like eating. Anyways, I’m going to hold myself accountable and set a fitness goal. I’m glad I went and plan on going again tomorrow.
Finally got a pass at GoodLife fitness ? :lolbron:

VixR

Veritas
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VixR

Veritas
I was listening to the NPR politics podcast for my daily scoop while getting dressed for the day, and they advertised this story from another one of their podcasts during a commercial break:
“One night, in October 2015, Asma Jama went out for dinner with her family at an Applebee’s restaurant in Coon Rapids, Minnesota. Asma, who is Somali American and Muslim, was wearing a hijab, as she always does.

While Asma was talking with her cousin in Swahili, a woman named Jodie Bruchard-Risch, who was seated nearby, told her to speak English or go back to her country. When Asma responded to say that she was a U.S. citizen, the woman smashed a beer mug across Asma’s face. She was rushed to the hospital and required 17 stitches in her face, hands and chest.

Bruchard-Risch pleaded guilty to felony assault charges and served time in jail for the crime. After the trial, her sister, Dawn Sahr, contacted Asma online and they struck up a correspondence.

At StoryCorps, Dawn and Asma met in person for the first time.”
jama-2-768x512.jpg

VixR

Veritas
Today I learned Shakshukka, the Somali dish that doubles as a vague insult is also Israeli :yloezpe:

Someone told they were making Shakshuuka. I had to have them repeat themselves. Turns out they make the same tomato-y-eggy dish. I googled it, and so do the Turks and some Mediterranean countries. It’s weirdly made in so many countries, and called by the exact same name everywhere. Wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending