What is on your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The influx of self-hating Somali women under the age of 25 is depressing. The Somali diaspora is done for; I think they will do more harm than good to Somalia. It is best they stay in the West as permanent refugees and only visit Somalia in the summer to help boost the local economy.

Likewise for the males.

The influx of self-hating Somali women under the age of 25 is depressing. The Somali diaspora is done for; I think they will do more harm than good to Somalia. It is best they stay in the West as permanent refugees and only visit Somalia in the summer to help boost the local economy.

Likewise for the males.
I wouldn't call it self-hate, disappointment maybe. Most will snap out of it when they become mature adults.

I wouldn't call it self-hate, disappointment maybe. Most will snap out of it when they become mature adults.

Other refugee communities are not immune to the issues we have but they clearly are dealing with it better than we are. Why do you think this is?

Other refugee communities are not immune to the issues we have but they clearly are dealing with it better than we are. Why do you think this is?
A lack of cultural pride imo, but that doesn't automatically translate to self-hate. Youngins want to fit into the greater society whether it means mimicking other communities & their cultures because they weren't raised to put the somali one first. The effects are worse when strong parental figures aren't in the picture.

Muji

VIP
Lol @ self-hate. I love my self and the strong Somali woman who came before me. And some of the men in my family who aren’t trash.

There must be a lot of us self-haters out there because a lot of women I know have realised they are no longer happy to be treated half as good as man.

I’m hearing a lot about females being left to take care of a house whilst the boys sit around doing nothing. I’m hearing about a lot of cases where Somali men are abusing young girls and the girls being blamed or told not to say anything in fear that she won’t get married.

I think a lot of Somali culture is toxic and unhealthy. The fact that the men aren’t even happy even though it favours them tells you something.

If you’re a Somali guy who isn’t involved in any of this- I have no problem with you but most often then not it’s the men who match the stereotype that I mention get the angriest suprise surprise.

Lol @ self-hate. I love my self and the strong Somali woman who came before me. And some of the men in my family who aren’t trash.

There must be a lot of us self-haters out there because a lot of women I know have realised they are no longer happy to be treated half as good as man.

I’m hearing a lot about females being left to take care of a house whilst the boys sit around doing nothing. I’m hearing about a lot of cases where Somali men are abusing young girls and the girls being blamed or told not to say anything in fear that she won’t get married.

I think a lot of Somali culture is toxic and unhealthy. The fact that the men aren’t even happy even though it favours them tells you something.

If you’re a Somali guy who isn’t involved in any of this- I have no problem with you but most often then not it’s the men who match the stereotype that I mention get the angriest suprise surprise.

That awkward moment when my only older sister is married and moved out and I live in a male household with only my mother being a female. Unless you are trying to accuse me of sexual assault or child abuse?

Muji

VIP
That awkward moment when my only older sister is married and moved out and I live in a male household with only my mother being a female. Unless you are trying to accuse me of sexual assault or child abuse?

I don’t even know- you tell me which one of my lines hurt you boo boo.

You were wildin last night.

You even formed a coalition with a gaal.

I’m glad I could help you overcome your gaalphobia :mjswag:

I don’t even know- you tell me which one of my lines hurt you boo boo.

You were wildin last night.

You even formed a coalition with a gaal.

I’m glad I could help you overcome your gaalphobia :mjswag:
Do you know any somali male gaals? Or one who would marry a gaal?

If you don’t then I can’t see why you are so pressed by what somali boys/men do?

Muji

VIP
Do you know any somali male gaals? Or one who would marry a gaal?

If you don’t then I can’t see why you are so pressed by what somali boys/men do?

Lol I might marry a Somali guy there are many who are secular.

Also, I have Somali female relatives I don’t want them to think the views shared on this forum are the norm.

Let me ask you, considering you have a sister, are you happy with how Somali women are treated in the community.

Also, if you weigh up the sins Somali men commit and the women commit are they on par?

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Well, in other news, I have been embarking on a important mission, to meet with the Venetian Guild of Merchants, in which the Doge of Venice himself, is chairman of. I have just landed in Bari, to pick up some supplies for the voyage up the Adriatic Sea, to the beautiful harbour of Venice. I'll be leaving Bari tomorrow.

Lol I might marry a Somali guy there are many who are secular.

Also, I have Somali female relatives I don’t want them to think the views shared on this forum are the norm.

Let me ask you, considering you have a sister, are you happy with how Somali women are treated in the community.

Also, if you weigh up the sins Somali men commit and the women commit are they on par?

You are seriously trying to say why can't somali women sin as much as males do? Well I don't know where you live but here somali girls do as much sins as the boys do the only difference is somali girls do it on the down low whereas the guys publicise the sins

And to answer your question, yes, I'm happyy with the way Somali women are treated in the community, Somali culture is one of the best cultures towards women.

BANTU

+op MVLI
How would you handle this situation?:

A routine is chosen by a 'superior' that meets your needs and wants but it also happens to negatively affect another persons needs and wants. That person comes to you and says "hey, let's make this work like this between us so blah blah blah" trying to sell it to you. You tell them nah, the way it was works for you, you prefer it that way. (This is all over text by the way.) And they come back with "Oh, we're going to have to meet to talk this out because this works for me, especially with my family." This person is also kind of your superior, too, but not technically in this situation (they can't force you to go along.)

What the f*ck is there to talk about? You're just going to try and guilt trip me into submission. And since I don't have a family your needs supercede mine?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It’s funny how in part of London it’s snowing and it’s settled,where I am it’s sunny. My Cousin was showing me random adults having a snow fight outside his window, it is freezing outside. I feel so sorry for the Homeless and the people working outside, Allah bless them.

Today I met another girl and we are working on something together.We had fun today .

Ones feelings are like the waves off the coast . waxing and waning like the tides stealing a kiss from the crystal beaches. they neither cease nor die down , control forever out of my grasp. Irrationality , insanity and beauty wrapped into a bundle others call me.A curse , a blessing a propagator of life.

Today I met another girl and we are working on something together.We had fun today .

Ones feelings are like the waves off the coast . waxing and waning like the tides stealing a kiss from the crystal beaches. they neither cease nor die down , control forever out of my grasp. Irrationality , insanity and beauty wrapped into a bundle others call me.A curse , a blessing a propagator of life.

Talks to girl once

Writes poem
:siilaanyolaugh:

Petrarchan lover? You? :williamswtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.