What if..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
The civil war never happened. If somalis never fought each other. Would any of us be living where we are? What would the standard of life back home be?

Guys, We messed up in a major way as a people. I take pride in Somaliland, but as an ethnic group we're really really deep in the shitter. Can any of yall actually conceptualize somalis living an easy life back home, I can't even imagine the place being developed to international standards. ...F##K !

Somalia would be like China, because before the fall I think Siad Barre wanted to turn Somalia into the manufacturing capital of the world using the profits gained from Oil he was about to extract.

Somalia would be like China, because before the fall I think Siad Barre wanted to turn Somalia into the manufacturing capital of the world using the profits gained from Oil he was about to extract.

His problem was going on a powertrip and developing only Mogadishu. He should have stepped down when he realized he lost power.

Why do people are against developing Mogadishu,if banadir generates so much budget for the gov then it means majority of the funds will be attributed to developing it.let xamar catch up interms of security,peace and development will follow.they go hand in hand

Why do people are against developing Mogadishu,if banadir generates so much budget for the gov then it means majority of the funds will be attributed to developing it.let xamar catch up interms of security,peace and development will follow.they go hand in hand

Because Mogadishu is controlled by warlords and corrupted fake security operators who build and make money off of chaos. Those are being supported by the clans they're affiliated with and are members of government. Mogadishu is a lost cause and the capital should be moved.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
We could still do it, just ignore the ramblings of the subhumans back in Somalia and let young diaspora niggas run shit. These animals can't see beyond the next tuulo their opinions are irrelevant

Let's be realistic, even if the civil war never broke out it is highly unlikely that Somalia would have been a well off place.

I expect it would have been similar to modern-day North Sudan in terms of development. Kinda ok-ish by African standards, but by no means a great place.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
If the Murtaddeen(somali factions snm , usc, spm ,all of them) did not fight against Jaale Siyaad aun, our country would be now atleast safe but wiith lack of jobs ofcourse.
Just like North Sudan.

There would be Peace, but lack of jobs. Somalis would still try to go to west.
Look at Djibouti, they have complete peace still many youth goes to the west.

Let's be realistic, even if the civil war never broke out it is highly unlikely that Somalia would have been a well off place.

I expect it would have been similar to modern-day North Sudan in terms of development. Kinda ok-ish by African standards, but by no means a great place.

unrealistic expections,the reason somalia is a shithole is because the majority are low income people,it has no known natural resources and nobody is interested in developing them if they were there.somalia is not like saudi arabia where they have oil/gas.

unrealistic expections,the reason somalia is a shithole is because the majority are low income people,it has no known natural resources and nobody is interested in developing them if they were there.somalia is not like saudi arabia where they have oil/gas.

I was talking about North Sudan, not Saudi Arabia. They don't have particularly large oil reserves. Just mediocre ones. Somalia probably has similar levels if exploration companies were at least able to do their work without being harassed by anarchical tribesmen.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
One thing I noticed about us is we all have our clan biases but on a societal level if we see another somali anywhere in qurbaha it's all love. Somalidu oodhan waa ilma abti iyo ilma adeer.

Whether united or divided we should all aim to uplift our people in the eyes of the international community, and solve our differences, however immense, in house without foreign intervention. The average somali in sland, somalia, nfd, kilika, and djbouti is being held hostage due to our elders and politicians who have the same poison we do(qabiyaalad), but actually act on it and take pride in wiping out clan x,y,z.

With that being said, do you think a clan reconciliation process where leaders from every single somali clan meet annually and discuss how to further diffuse the corruption and injustice done to one another will change the status quo. Tribes aren't going anywhere, but maybe we can use it in a positive way irregardless of political affiliation.

Thoughts???

I wouldn't know how life would have been for the whole country but for me, I'd probably be dead from a minor medical condition or fathered several kids and with a small farm in Banaadir. Not content with the little I had would also be plotting everyday on how usurp the current leadership with the help of my 0.5 brothers and sisters.

Now back to this shitty reality, cold as fuck. :ohlord:

My parents fled the country a year before Siyaad Barre was kicked out.

They knew beforehand that shit was about to hit the fan and got out before it all went down.

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
There is reasons civil war happened. I don't think some people woke up one day and went " hey lets trash this place". There were events that led to that. Also the rebels specifically the USC failed to capitalize on their victory in Mogadishu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts