What if your daughter got into a relationship before marriage?

Would you accept your daughter having a boyfriend?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
A racist arab country where people will mock your children and where you will never gain citizenship? Good place.
Just came back from Makkah,

Arabs are not racist (at least the common folk). Anything but. They'll invite you with open arms if you say you're from somaalia, you would realise that if you came out of your 3 bedroom council house in London.

That being said, it's still a shithole. The streets unironcally smell like crap

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I must say, Soph, I’m not a fan of this literary device when its still very literal. Somali women are quite literally hollo within the Somali culture :liberaltears:

It's not so bad being a dairy cow. As long as the amneties make up for it. If I had to I'd graze on green pastures (free range) confined to a pretty fence. I'd even bat my spidery eyelashes with honour.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I feel bad for saying this and I am generalising. But from my observations on sspot and real life, boys/men raised in single mother homes tend to be a bit more misogynistic than their counterparts raised in traditional nuclear families.

Furthermore, many seem devoid of compassion for women in similar positions as their mother and aunt. Despite being, raised, nurtured and loved by women like that.

It is a strange phenomenon to see. I have no explanation for this.

What I have come to realize about such men is they view things from an emotional angle: these men feel powerless over their lives, they are likely emotionally damaged, they need some way of feeling superior to something, anything, and women are a tremendously easy scapegoat due to otherness, history, politics, religion etc.

Don’t look for rationality to their arguments because they come from an emotional response to psychological pain.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
At the end of the day men want to avoid the absolute communal shame that comes with having a wh*re for a daughter. You women need to understand that a man is linked to his pride and his family is the source of his honour. Imagine going to a fadhi ku dirir and some Faarax comes up to him and says "War adigaa maxa uu hadlaysaa reerkaaga kaa dayacan oo gabartaadi wareegaysa"!

You lose all respect in the community and you certainly can't peek your face anywhere Somalis congegrate. You must isolate yourself from the community or move away..

So its not about the daughters persay but their reputation and sharaf.

Trending

Latest posts