What if all Somali clams got behind the Dervish State?

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
What would the horn be like? Would somalis be able to fend off multiple empires? Would the Shisheeye be stretched too thin?

AoI_DervishMap (1).png
Dervish_Somali_flag.png
Mohammed_Abdullah_Hassan-dj.jpg
The_scout_of_Darawiish_head_of_intelligence,_Serar_Shawe (1).jpg
The-Somali-Dervishes.jpg
o8meqme01g581.png
418a5cf28db627c5d307c3300ee8ce30.jpg
Sultan_Nuur_1896._Tuuyo_Plain.jpg

The biggest lie ever told me was that somali fought against colonials. I truly used think that but In reality most somali clans signed a protectorate with the British & Italians this is me not tryna hate I truly love all Somalis but that’s reality had we united together we would been united

Khaemwaset

VIP
The biggest lie ever told me was that somali fought against colonials. I truly used think that but In reality most somali clans signed a protectorate with the British & Italians this is me not tryna hate I truly love all Somalis but that’s reality had we united together we would been united
Especially the south where was a bunch of petty clan "kingdoms" after Ajuran collapsed and these Boqors tried to play the Europeans against each other with these treaties not realising their land was already carved up in a treaty.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
The Dervishes were attacking all Somalis, killing innocents, and plundering their camels. The majority of Somalis were against them
Also, you had no chance against the colonialists. They were far ahead of you in military terms. The British sent only six planes and destroyed all the castles and forts that took years to build.

The Dervishes were attacking all Somalis, killing innocents, and plundering their camels. The majority of Somalis were against them
Also, you had no chance against the colonialists. They were far ahead of you in military terms. The British sent only six planes and destroyed all the castles and forts that took years to build.
He attacked those who didn’t pledge allegiance to him how are you hating on a guy that fought colonials this is the very reason why Somalis got colonised in the first place everything is qabil qabil

funnily enough the dervish movement was the only movement where all Somalis pledged their allegiance soley just fight colonials people like you is the reason why Somalia got colonised

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
He attacked those who didn’t pledge allegiance to him how are you hating on a guy that fought colonials this is the very reason why Somalis got colonised in the first place everything is qabil qabil

funnily enough the dervish movement was the only movement where all Somalis pledged their allegiance soley just fight colonials people like you is the reason why Somalia got colonised
But they even attacked the Somalis who were fighting the Italian Abyssinians in Balad
To plunder tribes, even kill women and children, and bury water wells until people die of thirst. This is not something you should do to Muslim people.
The Dervishes were tribal and you can see in their poems how they insulted the tribes
They attacked my tribe in dayaxawerar
Although we did not sign an agreement with the British, they attacked us at night while the people were sleeping and killed everyone there
They were the reason for the expansion of colonialism into the interior. They were only on the coast in 1900

Awdalite

Araabi
The Dervishes were also responsible for commiting many tribally motivated atrocities. I don't think it helps when people romanticize sections of history. The Sayid routinely used to verbally abuse clan lineages which is considered an act of disbelief in Islam. He also accomplished many great things and was instrumental in the war against colonialism. Both can be right at the same time.

attash

Amaan Duule
If we had no chance against the colonialists, then why did it take them 20 years to defeat us. The British were so close to pulling out the north, if we just held out a little while longer, we would have been able to defeat them.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

That was an L. The dervish state got the back of many clans and political leaders from the isaaqs in the north down to Banadir and Marka, but that support went down hill, many sheikhs renounced Abdalla Hassan, even his mentors.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
@Idrus The only mistake was switching from insurgency to a defensive fortress. Of course nobody knew planes existed so I cant blame them but if they had remained constantly moving light then those old school planes would have been a failure
That was an L. The dervish state got the back of many clans and political leaders from the isaaqs in the north down to Banadir and Marka, but that support went down hill, many sheikhs renounced Abdalla Hassan, even his mentors.
Those many sheikhs were sufis inclined on grave worship he made takfir against and his “mentor” made takfir against him on behalf of the british empire

Sayidka is taught in the west as an anti-colonial hero and in Somalia as the same. The Emir of the Somali as titled by the Ottomans AUN

Khaemwaset

VIP
@Idrus The only mistake was switching from insurgency to a defensive fortress. Of course nobody knew planes existed so I cant blame them but if they had remained constantly moving light then those old school planes would have been a failure
Switching to a defensive fortress was logical to maintain the land they had control over. Obviously as you said they could've have foreseen the damaging effects this would have once the British pulled their planes to Somalia after ww2.

A gurrelia campaign with war bands from allied Somali clans picking off British regiments in the hinterlands would've been able to drain to British long enough to secure somali independence from colonialism, at least in that region of Somaliweyn. Somali lands were too vast and too many empires at our doorsteps to maintain complete independence without radical reforms like Meji Japan.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
British propaganda even after hundred of years y'all still booty clapping for them crazy wallahi

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
The Dervishes were also responsible for commiting many tribally motivated atrocities. I don't think it helps when people romanticize sections of history. The Sayid routinely used to verbally abuse clan lineages which is considered an act of disbelief in Islam. He also accomplished many great things and was instrumental in the war against colonialism. Both can be right at the same time.
why y'all spreading British progaganda same garac who said sayid eats babies?, sayid only killed people who sided with tasks which not haram in islam, British were the ones poisoning wells, killing whole towns and destroying forest to deliberately to cause deforestation and starvation miss me with the bs, they wiped whole sub clans out including mines, if u sided with gaals who done atrocities to us u deserve to die

why y'all spreading British progaganda same garac who said sayid eats babies?, sayid only killed people who sided with tasks which not haram in islam, British were the ones poisoning wells, killing whole towns and destroying forest to deliberately to cause deforestation and starvation miss me with the bs, they wiped whole sub clans out including mines, if u sided with gaals who done atrocities to us u deserve to die
You are such naive. I pity you. We doesn't need British propaganda to be brainwashed. There is a reason why Allah SWT didnt give Dervish state victory over British state in 20 years period of war. Please think of it. Do not be ignorant. They are past version of Al Shabaab.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
If we had no chance against the colonialists, then why did it take them 20 years to defeat us. The British were so close to pulling out the north, if we just held out a little while longer, we would have been able to defeat them.
First, the British never left the coast, and in the period between 1899 and 1904, most of the Somalis were with them, but after that, the matter degenerated into a group that plundered tribes and stole livestock.
A peace agreement was signed with the English and Italians as well
The important thing is that you cannot defeat them. If you want your people to become extinct, try to fight them. They were ahead of you in every respect, and do not forget that the Abyssinians were coming with a very large army.
That is why many Somalis signed protection agreements with the British, Italians, and French in order to escape from the Ethiopians.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
British propaganda even after hundred of years y'all still booty clapping for them crazy wallahi
There is no propaganda. You are talking as if the matter is unknown to us. We know what they did and he knew the Somalis as well
Are you telling me honestly that the Dervishes did not attack all the Somali tribes and that their main goal was only plunder, which is why most Somalis left them in 1904

They don’t know about the Ogaden subclans (cali&harun) that raped Isaaq, British and Ethiopians all together at the same time. “Doqonki ogaden dolo laga qaad” said the Isaaq cannon fodder for the British after he brought ethios, sikhs,british and other iidor troops with modern weapons just to fight two small sub sub sub clans of Ogaden in the Hawd region.
Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

The Sayid attacked Reer Cadille (maxamad subeer Ogaden) after they killed 300 dervish men that were sent by him. Gurase and Iljeex were two Ogaden men that tried to assassinate the Sayid before he was warned by a Dhulbahante man.

Keep in mind Maxamad Subeer is his own sub clan. Then the Sayid “verbally abused” us with poem. He was definitely a JUST man.

The Sayid had one goal which was to liberate Somali inhabited lands from gumaysi I respect him for that.

Those many sheikhs were sufis inclined on grave worship he made takfir against and his “mentor” made takfir against him on behalf of the british empire

Sayidka is taught in the west as an anti-colonial hero and in Somalia as the same. The Emir of the Somali as titled by the Ottomans AUN
They used milk to water the their fortresses when they were constructing it instead of water which made the structure rock solid.
IMG_0203.jpeg

Trending