Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
I grind it as well sometimes. When it's all blended together, it tastes so heavenly and smells so good.

It's sooo inviting and more aromatic when ground. I even love the smell of the sugar that accidently drops on the stove when it's made properly. Do you also add fresh ginger and caano?

It's sooo inviting and more aromatic when ground. I even love the smell of the sugar that accidently drops on the stove when it's made properly. Do you also add fresh ginger and caano?

Ginger, yes. I have never thought of adding caano. What does it do?

That's how I like my shaah. Real spices blended together. Absolute perfection. Shaah bigeeys oo balbalaayo lol.

Hubble

VIP
Ginger, yes. I have never thought of adding caano. What does it do?

That's how I like my shaah. Real spices blended together. Absolute perfection. Shaah bigeeys oo balbalaayo lol.

I love shaah bigeys too but sometimes I like it with milk. If it has milk the only acceptable way is to boil the milk with the other ingredients. It holds all the spices together. It's so much nicer than that chai they have in coffeehouses.

I love shaah bigeys too but sometimes I like it with milk. If it has milk the only acceptable way is to boil the milk with the other ingredients. It holds all the spices together. It's so much nicer than that chai they have in coffeehouses.

Now I understand what you're talking about...I call it reer waqooyi shaah because they have it like that mostly from what I've observed. I normally hate milk with my tea but when I tried this, I absolutely loved it! Chai latte waa disgusting. Cheap imitation.

Hubble

VIP
Now I understand what you're talking about...I call it reer waqooyi shaah because they have it like that mostly from what I've observed. I normally hate milk with my tea but when I tried this, I absolutely loved it! Chai latte waa disgusting. Cheap imitation.

Trust me plenty of Reer Koonfur make it like that. I've seen it made bigeys first then milk added individually too. The fake chai is just caano booro with spices Loool

Trust me plenty of Reer Koonfur make it like that. I've seen it made bigeys first then milk added individually too. The fake chai is just caano booro with spices Loool

I've only seen reer waqooyi make it like that lol. Koonfurians make the shaah first and milk is added as an afterthought. Indians/pakistanis also boil the milk etc but their one tastes so sickly. The Somali version has the right balance of all ingredients. It's just right.

Hubble

VIP
Hindida don't qiyaas the ingredients right.

Most of the time I've seen black tea with caano added at the end but usually it's because people want a choice.

They don't at all. They over-cook the milk, the whole thing is a mess.

Yeah exactly. Usually, caanaha koob aya lugu shubaa so whoever wants caano can help themselves to it.

Hubble

VIP
It has that funny burn milk taste. They also use too much caleen shaah.

Same way my family make it 90% of the timw. With the milk you also have to cool it by pouring it back and forth. Adding milk is easier, less fussy.

I feel like a cuppa now lol...waa waqti dambe lakiinse.

Anigu I barely fancy tea during the day I'm drinking water or juice. Then it's evening and I put the uunsi on make shaah. Amar Ilaahey it's the only time uu ii baxo Loool Must 've the little rebel in me.

Yes, add to it the sokor iyo over-done spices...sickly so sickly! Waa matagi gaaray first time I tasted it. Never again!

Sounds like a methodical procedure lol one wrong move and it's down the drain. I'll try making it.

Ooooh lol. You have to create the right ambience to really enjoy it. I like that. I love sitting down for a treat after I've cleaned the house. Put some uunsi on, wear a fresh baati and put my feet up. Nothing beats that feeling.

I love having tea first thing in the morning. I've convinced myself having caffeine at night will keep me up all night. Lol.

Hubble

VIP
It's way too sweet! Lalabo miiran isagoo dhan.

It's not that hard. Switch it off as soon as it froths and don't put the caleen in cold milk, it requires pouring back and forth to get everything mixed without burning it.

I have that routine in the weekends, weekdays I clean early in the morning so I can relax when I get home. Weekends is big meals and proper family time I can't wait to get into a fresh bhaati by the end of it.

It does keep you up. I get that wide awake feeling so I stick to one weak cup.

How do you clean early in the mornings on weekdays? I just can't. I do my cleaning/errands on Saturday mornings. Family time is for the afternoons, and on sundays guriga inaan ka baxo maba jecli. I have a well-deserved lie in and do laundry and ironing and my general pampering for the long week ahead lol..

Thanks for the tip...I will try it.

To get back on topic, today I had bariis, hilib iyo barado, which I haven't had in such a long time. Macaanka aduunka.

Hubble

VIP
Its easy to clean in the morning bc I have so much energy. Also the house is usually tidy bc I don't let mess build up. I'm just making it a little more presentable really.

Sunday's a great day for pampering thanks I'll give it a go, get rid of the Monday dread.

I had hilib ari (thighs) with bariis.

Just the whole idea of cleaning on a weekday morning, just seems so odd. I guess it's whatever you're used to doing. In the morning intaan iska daba wareeganayo wakhtiga igu dhaco. although I wake up 2hrs prior lol.

Yes, sunday is the best day of the week for pampering. Treat yourself.

Mmmm hilib ari...

Half grilled chicken, wings and chips

tumblr_inline_ngcaia1tHk1t3wnga.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts