What does Xamar even mean.

You do realise if that is the case, that the word Xamar (axmar) means red in Arabic.

You just shot yourself in the foot.

1p74ap.jpg

no freaking duh.

xamar wasn’t named that by arabs but it is an Arabic word. You do realize our language is filled to the brim with Arabic words? The himyars or whatever didnt nickname the city.

The word for chicken in Somali is doro not digaag but the vast majority of Somalis call it digaag. Where do we go from here?

Xamar cadey is not a nickname arabs would make lol.

You don't know anything about history. We have an ancient connection to south Arabian Cushites (The Himyarites were cushites). Your anti Arab sentiment is blinding you to a lot of reality and history.

You don't know anything about history. We have an ancient connection to south Arabian Cushites (The Himyarites were cushites). Your anti Arab sentiment is blinding you to a lot of reality and history.

Ancient iyo balaayo iska dhaaf. Xamar is just a nickname for the city, plenty of cities and towns all throughout Somalia have got nicknames and gone through name changes. Afgooye used to be called something else before Ajuraan were defeated and banished out of the city.

As for what ancient Mogadishu was called I can’t find any local sources on that.

Wikipedia and other foreign sources aren’t a legitimate for Somali history. Between me and you, I’m clearly more aware of Somali history.

I know many Somalis were raised with very low self esteem and on Arab fairytales but you need to claim that on you and your tribe. Has nothing to do with Somalia.

The word for red in Somali is gaduud not xamar.

Gaduud is a hawiye/southerner term for red

Dir (including Isaaq) and Darood dialects which serve as the basis of standard Somali call the color red "Casaan".

The word for chicken in Somali is doro not digaag but the vast majority of Somalis call it digaag. Where do we go from here?

Xamar cadey is not a nickname arabs would make lol.

There is no native Somali word for chicken. Doro is pure Amharic and Digaag/Dijaj is pure Arabic

Yes, southern arabians had a presence in Mogadishu for thousands of years, Himyar ruled Xamar and then the himyar kingdom got conquered by the Sasanian (Iranian) Empire.

It was founded thousands of years ago by Arabians or Iranians
But the ancient Greeks knew about Mogadishu as sarapion. That's pre Arab.

It's not pre-Arab, they have been coming to eastern Africa since before Jesus. The silk road and maritime silk road trade between Europe and Eastern Asia is very ancient.

So Arabs have been in Somalis before Somalis. You 'we wuz arabs' people claim every cm of Somalia was founded by midget Arabs. Zero pride , zero dignity. No wonder why every region Somalis live in is so trash.uff

So Arabs have been in Somalis before Somalis. You 'we wuz arabs' people claim every cm of Somalia was founded by midget Arabs. Zero pride , zero dignity. No wonder why every region Somalis live in is so trash.uff

No, Arabs/Iranians founded the cities on the banadir/swahili coast: Mogadishu, Barawe, Merca, Mombasa, Lamu, Malindi, Zanzibar etc.

Lol I'm the proudes Somali. I know my history I don't need to lie and claim other peoples history as my own. Anyways ethnic Somalis have conquered the cities on the banadir coast but that doesn't change the history.

You have a huge inferiority complex.