What does the quran say about earth Shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they not look at the camels how they are made. And the sky how it is raised high. And the mountains how they are fixed firm. And the earth how it is spread out? (Wa ilal'ardi kayfa sutihat.) -- Sura 88:17-20
in Sura 96:6 (Ash'shams): "Wal'ardu wa ma ta'haha". The word "Tahaha" is interpreted in Tafsir Al-Jalalayn as "He made it flat". In Munjid Al-lugha Wal'alam, the word "Taha" is also interpreted as "to flatten or to stretch". Then, the noun "At'taha" is interpreted as "a flat part of the earth". Then, Al-Munjid gives a sentence as an example to confirm the meaning of "taha" as "to make a certain thing flat"...

brothers if asnwer oo madax'gal aadan heynin please iska aamus and just read. i came here looking for asnwers.Quran has all the asnswers to everything. no?

All these verses support a Flat earth model that the Quran is describing. I strongly encourage you to read these Suras in their entirety, to prove to yourself that I have not taken or used any verse out of context. If you feel that I have missed any verses which describe or support a spherical model, please provide me the verses from the Quran. Any imaginations not supported by a verse from the Quran will NOT be acceptable.

Sura Al-Kahf (18:47)

And (remember) the Day We shall cause the mountains to pass away (like clouds of dust), and you will see the earth as a levelled plain, and we shall gather them all together so as to leave not one of them behind.

Sura Taha (20:53)

Who has made earth for you like a bed (spread out); and has opened roads (ways and paths etc.) for you therein; and has sent down water (rain) from the sky. And We have brought forth with it various kinds of vegetation.

Sura Az-Zukhruf (43:10)

Who has made for you the earth like a bed, and has made for you roads therein, in order that you may find your way.

Sura An-Naba (78:6)

Have We not made the earth as a bed,

Sura An-Naziat (79:30)

And after that He spread the earth.

Sura An-Naml (27:61)

Is not He (better than your gods) Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water).Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? Nay, but most of them know not.

Sura Al-Kahf (18:86)

Until, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of black muddy (or hot) water. And he found near it a people. We (Allâh) said (by inspiration): "O Dhul-Qarnain! Either you punish them, or treat them with kindness."

Sura Al-Kahf (18:90)

Until, when he came to the rising place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We (Allâh) had provided no shelter against the sun.

Sura Yasin (36:38)

And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

Sura Yasin (36:40)

It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit.

Ohh nooo. The gaalo are trying to mislead the ummah. /s If you're serious, you should find the edge of the earth and then jump into outer space. :deadpeter: .

And if ur telling me im gaal by starting this thread to find answers for my question. ur misled brother. everything i spoke here is from quraanka brother i dont want to in aan qalad quraanka ka'galo ama wax qalad ah in aan faafiyo.

I know its all from the quran, thats not what my point. My problem is that you think the earth is flat just cus a book told you so.

I just realized what you're doing :yousmart:. Tell em

Last edited:
so.. why do u all believe the earth is ball shaped? bal iga dhaadhiciya. becouse u google earth and u see that? or is it from the movies or the books u've been reading from galaaska koobaad?. Madaxa aad ka wasintihiin runtii... how.. whats ur proof... ,MY PROOF IS MY KITAABKA QURAANKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending