What doctors don't know about the drugs they prescribe

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰

I thought of this video today, we are seeing countries competing in making vaccines for the Covid-19 right now. Will you guys take the vaccines when they get available?

Last edited:

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
Recently, in some hospitals in Sweden the malaria drug chloroquine, which has been widely used across many countries, has ceased to be used in the absence of evidence-based knowledge of its effect on covid-19.
Initially swedish doctors started to give malaria medication to severely ill patients, despite the lack of controlled studies. Then they made suddenly a U-turn and stopped all the treatment with this drugs after reports of more serious side effects, e.g. heartproblems, than they first thought.

It usually takes a while for clinical trials to reach human trials and to find out the long lasting/potential effects of it. So i'm not too keen on the idea of a vaccine coming out this early.

Recently, in some hospitals in Sweden the malaria drug chloroquine, which has been widely used across many countries, has ceased to be used in the absence of evidence-based knowledge of its effect on covid-19.
Initially swedish doctors started to give malaria medication to severely ill patients, despite the lack of controlled studies. Then they made suddenly a U-turn and stopped all the treatment with this drugs after reports of more serious side effects, e.g. heartproblems, than they first thought.
Why didn't they use the less toxic version of the drug, Hydroxychloroquine, isn't it fairly cheap to manufacturer?
I'd rather take my chances getting infected, assuming by that time hospitals aren't still over capacity than take any rushed vaccine. People keep forgetting why the original SARS-COV-1 vaccine was scraped for a reason.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Why didn't they use the less toxic version of the drug, Hydroxychloroquine, isn't it fairly cheap to manufacturer?
I'd rather take my chances getting infected, assuming by that time hospitals aren't still over capacity than take any rushed vaccine. People keep forgetting why the original SARS-COV-1 vaccine was scraped for a reason.
We will probably have an official treatment soon and the cases might slow in the summer

Trending

Latest posts