what do you think will change for somalis in the west for 4th and 5th gen?

I assume that we will have a higher interracial marriage rates with the majority still marrying somalis , I also think that the majority will have college educated parents and grow up in the suburbs. the majority will be hooyo maatalo and and most of us will leave the lower class up till the middle class to upper middle class with a few that are really poor and really rich

what do you think?

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
I assume that we will have a higher interracial marriage rates with the majority still marrying somalis , I also think that the majority will have college educated parents and grow up in the suburbs. the majority will be hooyo maatalo and and most of us will leave the lower class up till the middle class to upper middle class with a few that are really poor and really rich

what do you think?
agree with you 100%. especially the becoming middle class part. imo whats keeping most of the somalis in lower class is the fact they send sooo much money back home. after each generation, the amount of money sent back home is decreasing (i, for example will probably only be supporting my parents, unlike my parents that support their whole clan lol). pity the people back home.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
4th and 5th Gen “Somalis” won’t be Somali (assuming no top up immigration). By the 3rd generation, a person is fully assimilated. Odds are they won’t even be Muslim. Look at the stats on Muslim Lebanese immigrants in Brazil and how that turned out

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
They’ll be lucky to be Muslims let alone identifying as Somali. Same thing happened with the arabs and Turks here in Australia

I believe that Somali immigrants in the UK and Scandinavia will likely maintain a strong Somali identity. Other Somali communities across the West face challenges in preserving their culture and language without significant assimilation .

European countries have had more homogenous populations, leading to a closer association between nationality and ethnicity this is also an advantage for not to get swept up like Somali Americans and Canadians might be. Even if you're a citizen, you still feel like an outsider in Europe.

On a positive note, I predict that Somali communities as a whole have the potential to progress and thrive because we excel at copying and emulating one another we just need a few really successful pioneers who remain engaged within the community to inspire the rest.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Back in Somaliweyn hopefully.
Can't imagine being from a shithole for 4 decades or more. Something needs to change, we don't belong in the west as muslim africans. I'm in Europe so the identity thing isn't much of an issue since nationality is tied to ethnicity. There are madow jamaicans who lived in england for nearly a hundred years and they still don't call themselves english because they don't belong to the english ethnicity.
Somalis will probably maintain their community and identity, although in some diluted form, for many generations to come in Europe.

The problem is the Somalis in America, those niggas are gonna become African Americans within the next 30 years.

The only way to ensure your bloodline still remains Somali is to actually move back to Somalia. You can't live as a tiny minority in a far away country and expect your descendants you still be Somali, Your great grandchildren will all be gaalo. They will drink beer, engage in degeneracy, wont be muslim, will only speak english and so on. They will be just another black in the west.

4th and 5th gen Somalis in the west still retaining a “Somali” identity is unlikely tbh. We’re most likely either going to be absorbed into a greater “black” community or “Muslim” community depending on level of religiosity.

If you want to know how recent immigrant groups will end up in a few generations just look at American and Canadian cadaans. Grandparents or great grandparents from Germany, Ireland, Norway etc yet they didn’t keep any of the original culture or language.

If you want to retain Somali culture for future generations you need to move and raise your family back home. There’s no other way.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
4th and 5th gen Somalis in the west still retaining a “Somali” identity is unlikely tbh. We’re either most likely going to be absorbed into a greater “black” community or “Muslim” community depending on level of religiosity.

If you want to know how recent immigrants groups will end up in a few generations just look at American/Canadian cadaans. Grandparents or great grandparents from Germany, Ireland, Sweden etc yet they don’t have any of the original culture or language.

If you want to retain Somali culture for future generations you need to move and raise your family back home. There’s no other way.
Yeah these people keep talking about "Somalis" in the 3rd and 4th generation as if they will even identify as Somalis. They will just be another gaalo black or merge with the muslim arab/south asians in europe.

Most people in North america are not anglo but all these cadaans who migrated to the US became Anglo-ized within the 3rd generation. There is no way to maintain your identity as a tiny insignificant minority in the west if the massive wave of millions of Germans and the millions of Italians to the US had their identity destroyed within 3 generations.

If you want your great grandchildren to be Somali and muslim then go back to Somalia. Otherwise your descendants are going to be just another gaalo madow. There's no other way.

Yeah these people keep talking about "Somalis" in the 3rd and 4th generation as if they will even identify as Somalis. They will just be another gaalo black or merge with the muslim arab/south asians in europe.

Most people in North america are not anglo but all these cadaans who migrated to the US became Anglo-ized within the 3rd generation. There is no way to maintain your identity as a tiny insignificant minority in the west if the massive wave of millions of Germans and the millions of Italians to the US had their identity destroyed within 3 generations.

If you want your great grandchildren to be Somali and muslim then go back to Somalia. Otherwise your descendants are going to be just another gaalo madow. There's no other way.
Yep. The European Somalis may fare a bit better because Europeans are more ethnocentric and you’re made to feel more like an outsider if you are not of the native ethnic group. But the North American Somalis don’t stand a chance. It’s much easier to assimilate and blend in as these are countries of immigrants.

In Canada most people here become fully assimilated by second gen. You can easily distinguish between someone born back home and born here bc the ones from here act fully Canadian and only really acknowledge their culture during weddings and other special occasions.

4th and 5th Gen “Somalis” won’t be Somali (assuming no top up immigration). By the 3rd generation, a person is fully assimilated. Odds are they won’t even be Muslim. Look at the stats on Muslim Lebanese immigrants in Brazil and how that turned out
Somalis will withstand secular societal pressure for 100 generations. Somalis congregate amongst each other and they take their religion seriously. Probably one of the last people to lose their faith.

Trending

Latest posts