what do you think will change for somalis in the west for 4th and 5th gen?

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Somalis will withstand secular societal pressure for 100 generations. Somalis congregate amongst each other and they take their religion seriously. Probably one of the last people to lose their faith.
I'm the most optimistic somali on this site but even I know somalis in the west are finished within the next few generations. We may be muslims, at least in Europe, but we won't be Somalis anymore. Our culture will be replaced by that of our host nations.

4th and 5th Gen “Somalis” won’t be Somali (assuming no top up immigration). By the 3rd generation, a person is fully assimilated. Odds are they won’t even be Muslim. Look at the stats on Muslim Lebanese immigrants in Brazil and how that turned out
Majority of the Lebanese immigrants in South America and Europe are Christian to be fair

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
Drunk Vikram Vedha GIF by Hrithik Roshan
:coolphone:
I see more Somali non Muslims in the future

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Somalis will withstand secular societal pressure for 100 generations. Somalis congregate amongst each other and they take their religion seriously. Probably one of the last people to lose their faith.
Inshallah hopefully Allah will make our inheritors a ummah of Muslims who establish Salah
The building groundwork our elders have done such as building masjids, adhaan in Minneapolis, keeping frequenting of the masjid at five Salah are the first step and hopefully Allah will accept their sincerity and guide us

Also as the prophet said the wolf eats the line sheep and stick with the larger group. Most fathers, mothers, and young men especially in America still frequently make trips and have more capital investment in Somalia than in the west, this shows were their hopes and plans for the future are oriented. a 2 hijrah of young men raising their children in the Muslim east is a ever growing trend in America and Canada, amoung the Sahaba there was a group who immigrated to Abyssinia to seek safety in the Christian king but when the opportunity to return among their community arises the swiftly return

The world in these times in general is raising in trials to our beliefs and shamelessness

read the Quran , contemplate it , make it your bosom friend

may Allah protect us inshallah

Last edited:

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
agree with you 100%. especially the becoming middle class part. imo whats keeping most of the somalis in lower class is the fact they send sooo much money back home. after each generation, the amount of money sent back home is decreasing (i, for example will probably only be supporting my parents, unlike my parents that support their whole clan lol). pity the people back home.
Sadaaqa didn’t decrease, it only increases you

4th and 5th generation Somalis will likely in most cases be completely westernized, and doubtful to have much connectivity with back home

Trending