What do you guys on Sspot think of Somali Women who live on their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
I'm surprised her parents let her live on her own in most Somali families even the boys stay until they get married
That's how you get men dependent on their mommies to survive. Why cook and clean for yourself when you'll have that all done for you by your
How is it haram if there saying it to her face, that’s not backbiting lol
People were spreading rumors about her... How is that saying it to her face. Somali people need to learn to stick to their business and not poke their noses where it doesn't belong.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
You're making a leap there. What those women are doing is backbiting, isn't that haram?

Moving out allows people to grow up and be independent. I don't see an issue with that. Where I live, a lot of Somali girls have moved out and now live with their friends/siblings. When you live at home, it's comfortable and some people like to take advantage of their parents and aren't motivated to work harder.

I never insinuated that talking ill about a person behind their back wasn't haram, I just said that I understood why the aunties did so. Single women living by themselves is rarer than a Pokémon and backbiting is a favorite pastime for old Somali aunts. :ohno: What is is what is.

I get that it's better for one to be allowed space to grow and evolve as an adult, but many of our parents are quite old so it's a little bit xasad to just abandon them like that. Why pay for separate rents when you can just help contribute under one roof?

If you move out home, just know the magical protection from hooyo is gone.

That means people will automatically assume you're hoeing around. Why do you think Somali women visit each other's houses and stay so late into the night.

I even heard a rumour about myself whilst I was away studying. My family quizzed me apparently I was sneaking back into town and was seen hugging a girl

I was too innocent to enjoy the haram that I was accused of :mjcry:

Yeah thats why I decided to move back, maybe ill salvage the crumbs of my reputation

What a coincidence. I was planning to move out and was wondering how to tell my parents, ilaan there is a stigma with girls moving out.

Honestly abayo having gone through it, id say dont do it or if you are, be EXTREMLY cautious of who you room with.

Aaegal

Honestly abayo having gone through it, id say dont do it or if you are, be EXTREMLY cautious of who you room with.
If you have cousins or friends your parents know, why not move out with them? I say that is much better than living at home with your parents.

You also shouldn't derive your worth from people low enough to spread rumors about you. Tell them to get lost and ignore them.

If you have cousins or friends your parents know, why not move out with them? I say that is much better than living at home with your parents.

You also shouldn't derive your worth from people low enough to spread rumors about you. Tell them to get lost and ignore them.

Its not even just that, I felt really lonely and being in a house with people who were strangers and doing really haram things made me very uncomfortable 2 nights a week I heard my hoe roommate and her tinder date or hearing drunk people was very scary, so I personally regret it and would have moved out if not for my lease, but I'd say try it out with someone your related to, NOT friends!

Aaegal

Its not even just that, I felt really lonely and being in a house with people who were strangers and doing really haram things made me very uncomfortable 2 nights a week I heard my hoe roommate and her tinder date or hearing drunk people was very scary, so I personally regret it and would have moved out if not for my lease, but I'd say try it out with someone your related to, NOT friends!
Based on the title of this thread I thought you lived alone not with roommates.

Based on the title of this thread I thought you lived alone not with roommates.

No I lived with two roommates in a house, one half asian who lived upstairs and me and an caadan girl lived downstairs in our own complex with its own bathroom, living room and kitchen, very modern it was a pretty house but the people were awful

If she shares the room with two or more siblings at her parent’s place, then as an adult, if she wants to move to a place where she can have her own room, what’s stopping her? Remember the parents lost the welfare payments of their adult children and they want her money.

Look there is always gonna be suspicions from people although you didnt go for those reasons. You cant win.

But yeah sharing a house with people who are upto no good whilst you avoid such is really difficult and unpleasant. But dont forget they find you weird too for not engaging in those things. Good thing they didnt meet your housemates.

Look there is always gonna be suspicions from people although you didnt go for those reasons. You cant win.

But yeah sharing a house with people who are upto no good whilst you avoid such is really difficult and unpleasant. But dont forget they find you weird too for not engaging in those things. Good thing they didnt meet your housemates.

It was really weird actually, they would try their best to tempt me knowing full well of my religion and morals, I would be asked to drink, smoke weed, and some of the caadan girls guy friends would ask about me apparently that pissed her off, she always questioned my virginity and doing other haram things saying I was just pretending, it was so bizzare

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Live your life. If Somali women can hide being hoes when living in their parent's place, a chaste woman can live on her own. Individuals are individuals. And besides, a woman's life, besides my family, ain't got nothing to do with me. I feel no ways.

It was really weird actually, they would try their best to tempt me knowing full well of my religion and morals, I would be asked to drink, smoke weed, and some of the caadan girls guy friends would ask about me apparently that pissed her off, she always questioned my virginity and doing other haram things saying I was just pretending, it was so bizzare

Well thats the thing. cadaanka wants for you whats good for them is u. If it not weird or lying but some understand. But dont forget its their country and that is normal.

You know i have something else to say but id rather not say it on here:mybusiness:

Well thats the thing. cadaanka wants for you whats good for them is u. If it not weird or lying but some understand. But dont forget its their country and that is normal.

You know i have something else to say but id rather not say it on here:mybusiness:

Huh? you make no sense this is not their country and I dont have to do any of that shit. shes miserable asf and she knows thats not good for her

legit shes just trying to turn me into her so she doesn't have to feel threatened or salty by seeing a woman with actual class and dignity
mybusiness.png

@Dibleyy

I’m an atheist who hates alcohol, drugs of any kind and one night stands while I’ve seen Somali mates who smoked dope, prayed and fast Ramadan pick up one night stands, how could one tempt an adult to start all these things? Are you weak in your values? I left home when I was 18 and shared a house with non Muslim white friends who drink, smoked dope and enjoyed their one night stands and they had zero influence over me. The other point is I saw a well know Imam in my city cracking jokes with a madam of a brothel that I delivered pizza to. I don’t know this hyped up morals and values that you guys always attach to your religion. These white people were the generous and kind people that we all migrated to, who did we run from? Somali Muslims who murdered, raped and pillaged our relatives and yet, they also claim to posses similar higher values and morals because they’re Muslims. What a charade!!!

Huh? you make no sense this is not their country and I dont have to do any of that shit. shes miserable asf and she knows thats not good for her

legit shes just trying to turn me into her so she doesn't have to feel threatened or salty by seeing a woman with actual class and dignity
mybusiness.png

I do make sense she is the majority and amongst them that lifestyle is normal. But you did the right thing

If she shares the room with two or more siblings at her parent’s place, then as an adult, if she wants to move to a place where she can have her own room, what’s stopping her? Remember the parents lost the welfare payments of their adult children and they want her money.
It's very insulting to assume that her parents are on welfare

@Dibleyy

I’m an atheist who hates alcohol, drugs of any kind and one night stands while I’ve seen Somali mates who smoked dope, prayed and fast Ramadan pick up one night stands, how could one tempt an adult to start all these things? Are you weak in your values? I left home when I was 18 and shared a house with non Muslim white friends who drink, smoked dope and enjoyed their one night stands and they had zero influence over me. The other point is I saw a well know Imam in my city cracking jokes with a madam of a brothel that I delivered pizza to. I don’t know this hyped up morals and values that you guys always attach to your religion. These white people were the generous and kind people that we all migrated to, who did we run from? Somali Muslims who murdered, raped and pillaged our relatives and yet, they also claim to posses similar higher values and morals because they’re Muslims. What a charade!!!

hmmm. . . when you mention it like that I can see your point, I've always been raised to fear those things and seldom get tempted but I can see the hypocrisy however I dont respect those who live that type of lifestyle nor do I respect those types of muslims, the rules in islam were made to protect us dude,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending