What do you dislike about Somali culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I hate how they come together and help criminals from their qabiil.

So you’re telling me I’m responsible in paying money because some idiot who has the 7th abtirsi name with me has killed someone? Smh

Somali culture is anti-Women.

When you fight with a male sibling you’re basically put the blame and his excuse will be he’s a man, you shouldn’t fight with a man.

Best thing I like about Somali culture, it is anti-Somali women and when I commit a crime, I know the fam got a tahriib route ready for me

Worst thing, it is not anti-Somali women... enough!

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I don’t like the part where girls help you like a little kid Always an eedo or habaryar that will go

Allah wiilka cunto ha la siyo

Wiilka dharka haa lo maydho

Wiilka cawiya

Mercury

VIP
And also when it’s dinner time everybody will sit and wait for the girls to bring the food to the room and serve the guys I have nothing against this part but what I think is wrong is guys who leave a mess behind the place looks like a battlefield and say leave it like that the girls will clean it and take care of it

In my opinion As a token of appreciation and consideration a person should thank who made the food and later clean his plates it’s simple

I don’t like the part where girls help you like a little kid Always an eedo or habaryar that will go

Allah wiilka cunto ha la siyo

Wiilka dharka haa lo maydho

Wiilka cawiya
Wow you must be mama's boy..
I never experienced that. I've always washed my own clothes and cooked my own food since I was a teenager. I guess that's why I'm a real man now. I don't need no woman to look after me :denzelnigga:

Mercury

VIP
Wow you must be mama's boy..
I never experienced that. I've always washed my own clothes and cooked my own food since I was a teenager. I guess that's why I'm a real man now. I don't need no woman to look after me :denzelnigga:
No I’m the opposite but Back home this is what you will see on the daily

What @Mercury said.

I also hate how people think in black and white, extremes and are always trying to judge or generalize people and give them labels. In other words if you aren’t like X you must be the polar opposite Y.

@Mercury

Back home, women prepare food and the men + little boys are fed first with all the best meat pieces and etc. given to them. Then, women + little girls scrape what’s left and eat the men’s leftovers. The abundance of food, cultural fusion and the education available in the diaspora created some sort of equilibrium in terms of meal sharing.

What I like about is;

Dirac, gareeys wearing qalanjos and the attitude of Somali chicks. ‘nough said.

No I’m the opposite but Back home this is what you will see on the daily
But this boy over girl thing is not only confined to Somali culture. I think it's even worse in for example middle eastern and Turkish culture etc. Even in the west there isn't full gender equality. In the west women are just a product and are used as a selling tool in different advertisements. When it comes to work women are paid less then males etc.

What I don't like about somali culture.

1. Gossiping
2. Leeching, specially if you work they expect to have free ride on you.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
How Somalis mistreat people who belong to “laangaab “ tribe, and tribalism in general .

Looking down on manual labour like cleaning. But living of welfare as an able bodied adult is acceptable?

Women work very hard but are not appreciated they are just expected to do their duty.

Somali people will talk hours about what needs to be done and what they will do but when push comes to shove absolutely nothing gets done .

The way how some Somalis look up to Arabs and treat that person as if they are more superior and knows more about Islam just because they are Arab.

Mercury

VIP
@Mercury

Back home, women prepare food and the men + little boys are fed first with all the best meat pieces and etc. given to them. Then, women + little girls scrape what’s left and eat the men’s leftovers. The abundance of food, cultural fusion and the education available in the diaspora created some sort of equilibrium in terms of meal sharing.

What I like about is;

Dirac, gareeys wearing qalanjos and the attitude of Somali chicks. ‘nough said.
Also When it comes household chores no guy lifts a finger

Mercury

VIP
What I don't like about somali culture.

1. Gossiping
2. Leeching, specially if you work they expect to have free ride on you.
The worst leeching is that relative that is struggling and needs help with money but somehow still has a maid

Mercury

VIP
Another thing I dislike about Somali culture is how mentally ill and disabled people are treated

Mercury

VIP
Hindi culture some even wear Hindi clothes at their aroos

Waa yaab
:farmajoyaab:

somaliweddingwalk_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts