What do you consider yourself first? A Somali or a Muslim?

What do you consider yourself first? A Somali or a Muslim?

• Somali

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Muslim

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somali regions are shitty today because they put Sunnism before Somalis.

This is why you don't have infrastructure or health care or education.

Show me the hospital. Show me 0.5 km of road. You can't. You can only show me 5 Sunni mosques in one neighborhood of 500 residents.

How come Gulf Arabs are not accepting millions of Syrians if they are put Sunnism first? Why did the Gulf Arabs take zero and Germany took 1 million Syrians in 2015?

Sunnis say one thing but do another. Except Somalis. When they say they are Sunnis first, its true. Other Sunnis are liars

Not at all, many dir and I think hawiye were absorbed into eastern oromos during the ajuraan. The gurgura, akisho, and garre are being recruited hard into the oromo nation.

Well I don't blame them, they are looking to fit into a wider united community unlike the disunited Somalis. But what's your thoughts on this? Are you disturbed or what?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Well I don't blame them, they are looking to fit into a wider united community unlike the disunited Somalis. But what's your thoughts on this? Are you disturbed or what?

It's not they chose oromo over somali it's just that they live in very close proximity with oromos. Somalis kick out members and lose land whereas oromos absorb members and gain land. Garre have their own language but are fully somali oddly enough which kind of makes it confusing. Akisho and gurgura are bilingual.

Clannism makes it so that we lose tribes and because these tribes are outside of somalia (garre live in south somalia as well but mainly NFD) they have less unity outside of somalia then inside believe or not.

angrycat

not so sad after all
I think some of you misunderstanding what it means to be muslim first or somali first. It doesn't mean oh you can change one, but not the other, it means between your country and Allah, which comes first, between following your religion or culture where they clash, which do you choose?

Muslim first always alhamdulillah, to say otherwise is lowkey disbelief smh

angrycat

not so sad after all
Somali regions are shitty today because they put Sunnism before Somalis.

This is why you don't have infrastructure or health care or education.

Show me the hospital. Show me 0.5 km of road. You can't. You can only show me 5 Sunni mosques in one neighborhood of 500 residents.
No somali regions are shitty because they put qabilism before somalinimo :francis:

Muslim first.

Somali second.

It's a no-brainer. Your connection to Allah is more important than anything else, and if you value your ethnicity more than you value your Creator...then I seriously doubt your sanity.

Those surveys are lies because those countries wouldn't allow other Muslims to live with them in huge numbers.

A Pakistani or an Arab wouldn't be happy if millions of Somalis came into their countries. They wouldn't have an issue with their daughters marrying other Muslims like Somalis.

Pew Research is anti Islamic. They have an agenda

You're retarded. Are you forgetting the fact that Somalia is almost entirely Muslim?

We are Muslims first and Somalis second. Our duties should be to our families first, our fellow Somalis second, and the wider Muslim Ummah third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts