what do guys think will be the solution to the somaliland-puntland dispute

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Dialogue

War will never solve our internal problems, we must realize that fact or else misery will only repeat like a gif, over and over again :)

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
i agree with you. somaliland should just just let sool and sanaag have a vote and let them decide which state they want to join.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Khatoomo state. The borders they are fighting over belong to dhulos and warsangeli. The sooner these tribes work together to end the conflict the better for all sides involved. The north while albeit being a little underdeveloped is remarkably more peaceful than the south. If anything i would have expected the north to form one big state and work together since all regions are relatively blessed with peace, but obviously some clans let the devil come between them and harbour ill feelings towards others, which stem from the 1991 civil war.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Dialogue

War will never solve our internal problems, we must realize that fact or else misery will only repeat like a gif, over and over again :)
I agree we must not let the devil come between us again and cause us to make the same mistakes.

304a5d49-e483-4c29-bac0-5db59fdc212a

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
its always tribalism causing the problems. I wonder why do somalis care about tribalism more than developing a strong functioning government.

Macalin M

Out here
we are the same people. If these qabil fights keep happening somalia will never be peaceful
Eh we just need a common enemy so we unite. Don’t worry guys I’ll take the fall. I’ll push for the extinction of Somalis and have habesha and Oromo foot soldiers then when the noble Somalis outpower them (as usual) they will come to the emperor (me) slice my head and put me up for display in Xamar.

Just one request though. Put me up in Towfiiq. :)

Khatoomo state. The borders they are fighting over belong to dhulos and warsangeli. The sooner these tribes work together to end the conflict the better for all sides involved. The north while albeit being a little underdeveloped is remarkably more peaceful than the south. If anything i would have expected the north to form one big state and work together since all regions are relatively blessed with peace, but obviously some clans let the devil come between them and harbour ill feelings towards others, which stem from the 1991 civil war.

I prefer somaliland.

I prefer somaliland.
It's not going to happen. Somalia/Somaliland is a clan based society and the people of Khatumo aka Dhulbahante want nothing to do with Somaliland as they feel more closer to their brothers in Somalia.

Somaliland is an Isaaq separatist project and the people of Khatumo feel like they don't belong into a society where they don't share clan ties. Apparently Warsangeli land is already ruled by Puntland so Somaliland has no control over it despite claiming their land.

The sooner Somaliland stops claiming Dhulbahante and Warsangeli land, the better it is for them and the whole region. Let Dhulbahantes choose their own fate and stop forcing them to join a delusional separatist cult. I'm not a tribalist but just giving their opinions.

Last edited:
I don't know what would happen but they'll most likely fight. Let's hope they have a dialogue where they could both agree on something that is just and fair. It's sad to see Muslim Somalis killing each other over nonsense when they could use their military to stabilize southern Somalia and bring peace.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The only solution here is for one of the parties to sell their claim of the disputed territory to the other.

Fighting over it would never end since others would always make sure there's never a winner.

Forcing it through Xamar is even a worse option for multiple reasons.

Selling it is the only win win option available.

You can pm me my Nobel Peace prize.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Dhulbhante and isaaq are closely related dhulbhante mother is isaaq thats why most of dhulbhante land is controlled by isaaq.

But warsengali control their land in sanaag theres no isaaq on their land and warsengali share no relations with isaaq.

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
what dispute? what claim dose puntland have in somaliland,hartinimo???????????

pl is just a fly buzzing in sl's ear that's it,they are like the little annoying sibling who wants to be you,but at the same time annoyingly trying to compete with you

Dhulbhante and isaaq are closely related dhulbhante mother is isaaq thats why most of dhulbhante land is controlled by isaaq.

But warsengali control their land in sanaag theres no isaaq on their land and warsengali share no relations with isaaq.

Exactly.

Kaskiqabbe, GeeseGulle and Liibangashe are also Bah Isaaq right?

If Ciise Madoobe lived next to Bah Majeerteen (Warsangeli, Majeerteen, Dashishe) we may have been in the same predicament. We would have joined Djibouti.

Maternal ties are strong.

Trending

Latest posts