What crops can be grown in somalia?

Sounds like a plan :ehh:
You’d probably need somebody who already has experience to do the farming part or do you plan to farm yourself?
Na I won't be farming too busy for that it's just gonna be passive income I'll let someone else deal with the actual farming. Maybe when I get old and retire then I might

Yaraye

VIP
Na I won't be farming too busy for that it's just gonna be passive income I'll let someone else deal with the actual farming. Maybe when I get old and retire then I might
Low maintenance:
foods: lettuce/ kale/ cabaage/asparagus/Brussels sprouts (leafy greens in general), summer squash, tomatoes, berries legumes ( green beans, peas), peppers (bell peppers, chili, jalapenos), eggplant, green onions, beets, radish, turnips, winter squash (pumpkins).

herbs: garlic, basil, mint, chives, Rosemary, oregano, cilantro, sage, parsley, lavender

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
if tropical weather (hot and humid) consider growing rice. Needs high water usage and lots of sun. takes roughly 6 months but worth it and sells amazing

rice is high maintence tho, but somalis love rice lol

Jungle

VIP
Lemon tree takes about 5 years to bear fruit and banana like a year or so. Not that much water either so I'd say go for them. You'll be laughing to the bank when they do bear fruit and they're up forever. Or cash crops like maize, sesame, watermelon (around 3months).

Idk about the north but somali farmers are real cutthroat people tho better keep an eye on the neighbours :reallymaury:

Know your land, set clear parameters for what to do with it long-term, and understand the market. Delving into this requires knowledge about the ins and out. You can hire people to do the tilting, but to hold them accountable for the quality of work regarding sustainability, technical efficiency, and productivity means you need to know the farming system process well.

Jungle

VIP
They don't like new people especially if you harvesting sizeable land but its how you approach them. It also depends on if you are surrounded by your qabil or its mixed and its just business for everyone.

Those families who know nothing but that land for generations are a headache especially if they're from your qabil. Mixed areas much better. Crops being destroyed and tampered with is a big loss sxb. They'll turn the local workers against you, sixir all type of shit sxb

But again it depends on how you approach them and idk about the north

They don't like new people especially if you harvesting sizeable land but its how you approach them. It also depends on if you are surrounded by your qabil or its mixed and its just business for everyone.

Those families who know nothing but that land for generations are a headache especially if they're from your qabil. Mixed areas much better. Crops being destroyed and tampered with is a big loss sxb. They'll turn the local workers against you, sixir all type of shit sxb

But again it depends on how you approach them and idk about the north
Oh I'll be fine then if thats what you meant. I have had this land for the past 20+ years and no issues

Have you done anything with it? If not. Start. Somali waa isku mid lol
Nothing serious farming wise although parts of it have been already used for farming. I want to use all the farming land for farming instead of letting it lie there like it currently is and start mass producing stuff to sell.

I already dealt with my family back home so they won't be an issue

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts