What contribution do Somali immigrants make to Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
All figures in this thread are taken either from the Office for National Statistics or from the Guardian.

There are an estimated 250,000 Somalis living in the UK. But the real figure may be higher as many Somalis with Dutch residence permits and passports are believed to have moved to the UK because of the higher benefits paid here compared to Holland.

Unemployment amongst Somali men is believed to be around 65%. As you’ll see from the diagram, this is many times higher than any other ethnic group.

unemployment-by-ethnicgroupsomalis.png

If we just play with a few imaginary figures: let’s assume that the 250,000 Somali population includes 60,000 men of working age and that of these, 65% (39,000) are each claiming about £20,000 a year in benefits (unemployment, jobseekers’ allowance, housing benefits, child benefits, council tax benefits and so on) for themselves and their families. If we could bring the unemployment rate for these Somali men down from 65% to the 15% for all black Africans, then another 30,000 Somali men would be in work and we’d be paying around £600m less a year in benefits.

The problems with the Somali community are not just in the high levels of unemployment. In our schools just 33% of Somali students passed five GCSEs, compared with 59% for students from other African communities and 80% for Chinese students.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
65% of Unemployment rate for Somali men is quite extreme and shameful.

@Knowles all Somali men are not like the unemployed old brats from the UK. Most of your arguments are based on your experiences with Somali men from the UK.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
They impregnate women, I think that should be included as an accomplishment.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
So reer Holland go to the UK for higher benefits? interesting

UK somalis are very disliked as you can see here.
People with non British passports are not really entitled to benefits. So that statement is false, if you stayed in your country of citizenship you would actually get higher benefits. @Karim

Basic

VIP
All figures in this thread are taken either from the Office for National Statistics or from the Guardian.

There are an estimated 250,000 Somalis living in the UK. But the real figure may be higher as many Somalis with Dutch residence permits and passports are believed to have moved to the UK because of the higher benefits paid here compared to Holland.

Unemployment amongst Somali men is believed to be around 65%. As you’ll see from the diagram, this is many times higher than any other ethnic group.

View attachment 64644
If we just play with a few imaginary figures: let’s assume that the 250,000 Somali population includes 60,000 men of working age and that of these, 65% (39,000) are each claiming about £20,000 a year in benefits (unemployment, jobseekers’ allowance, housing benefits, child benefits, council tax benefits and so on) for themselves and their families. If we could bring the unemployment rate for these Somali men down from 65% to the 15% for all black Africans, then another 30,000 Somali men would be in work and we’d be paying around £600m less a year in benefits.

The problems with the Somali community are not just in the high levels of unemployment. In our schools just 33% of Somali students passed five GCSEs, compared with 59% for students from other African communities and 80% for Chinese students.
All I can gather from your post is random statistics being thrown around.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
People with non British passports are not really entitled to benefits. So that statement is false, if you stayed in your country of citizenship you would actually get higher benefits. @Karim
You didn't understand the main question of the thread:
What contribution do Somali immigrants make to Britain?!
The Answer is they often don't contribute to the society whether they hold the British passport or not. Most of them marry British Somali citizens and live off their spouse's welfare checks.

Apollo

VIP

Not true.

Social security is better in the Netherlands and tertiary education is substantially cheaper.

The EU Somalis to the UK came for the bigger Somali community and many of them were fobs who moved as soon (or within a few years) as they got their EU passport.

Basic

VIP
You didn't understand the main question of the thread:
What contribution do Somali immigrants make to Britain?!
The Answer is they often don't contribute to the society whether they hold the British passport or not. Most of them marry British Somali citizens and live off their spouse's welfare checks.
This is a gross generalisation. Our contribution is on an individual scale, we are not a collective.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Lol i gave up on trying to defend the Somali community here. I work hard for myself before anyone else.

You guys are honestly some weird losers fixating on the UK to scapegoat inherent Somali problems. Brutal truth is that Norway, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands etc. are in a similar boat.

"What do they contribute"

l
o
l

Somalis are net receivers in every single country in the West, including America. We contribute more bad than good regardless of what country your parents chose to settle in.

You guys are honestly some weird losers fixating on the UK to scapegoat inherent Somali problems. Brutal truth is that Norway, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands etc. are in a similar boat.

"What do they contribute"

l
o
l

Somalis are net receivers in every single country in the West, including America. We contribute more bad than good regardless of what country your parents chose to settle in.
That’s true. Even though UK Somalis might be the worst, almost no Somali community do something good to their host:manny:. I'm from Scandinavia and we have one of the worst image of all immigrant communities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending