What are your summer plans?

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
After my family’s graduations wrap up, I’ll be solo traveling across the continental United States. I want to fish, hike, check out the US’ biodiversity, local sub-cultures, meet cool people—you name it I’m doing it. When I make it to the Canada-US border, I’m going to visit my family up in the western provinces.

What about you?

Happy summer!

4E875D8E-C624-40BD-9E3E-7CDA7269951E.jpeg

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
nothing. I am doing an internship and it ends like two weeks before schools start again. Those two weeks, i'll be doing absolutely nothing and just relax. But once i graduate i am planning to visit home (left while i was like 4 so i can't wait :) )

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
nothing. I am doing an internship and it ends like two weeks before schools start again. Those two weeks, i'll be doing absolutely nothing and just relax. But once i graduate i am planning to visit home (left while i was like 4 so i can't wait :) )

I like that! I used to do internships over my summers as well.

What kind of internship is it? If it’s doxx-able you don’t have to answer that.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
def visit Niagara falls then. You can like get on a boat and get super close to the falls.

That’s on the eastern border. I will be on the western border.

I don’t think I can make it to Niagara falls this time around but I will do my best to check it out in the future.

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
What kind of internship is it? If it’s doxx-able you don’t have to answer that.
Math research. Am given a problem and two professors like guide me by giving me papers to read, meeting with me every week, and just helping me in general. super fun and rewarding

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I'm in Bosaso on business. Gonna probably remain here until around November then head back to the UAE. I'll try to make time to see places like Cal Madow, Haregyso, Jabuuti, Gaalkacyo and maybe also go over to Ethiopia for places like Jigjiga, Arba Minch and Harar. But none of this is a priority. I had my fun in Dubai over the last 6-8 months. Hiking, dog walks at a shelter I volunteer, angelic beach days, loads of time with friends and family, clubbing, BBQs out in the desert... I've had my fill. It is shaqo time.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
across Europe.

You’re from Europe? I thought you were American, my friend.

:banderas: :mjlol:

Which countries are you checking out? You should check out the intimate Somali community in Italy. My dream is to go there one day to take in their grand history and the arts. The Italians can call me n-g*er all they want I don’t care.

the whole trip is going to be one big hike. I don't like relaxing and resorting when I go on holiday. I find that boring plus I can do that at home.

Samesies. Doing what you do at home defeats the purpose of traveling.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
I'm in Bosaso on business. Gonna probably remain here until around November then head back to the UAE. I'll try to make time to see places like Cal Madow, Haregyso, Jabuuti, Gaalkacyo and maybe also go over to Ethiopia for places like Jigjiga, Arba Minch and Harar. But none of this is a priority. I had my fun in Dubai over the last 6-8 months. Hiking, dog walks at a shelter I volunteer, angelic beach days, loads of time with friends and family, clubbing, BBQs out in the desert... I've had my fill. It is shaqo time.

You’re in the motherland? Waawarey! How long have you been there?

What do you mean by shaqo time? Do you work remotely? Or are you in the motherland for business?

You’re from Europe? I thought you were American, my friend.

:banderas: :mjlol:

Which countries are you checking out? You should check out the intimate Somali community in Italy. My dream is to go there one day to take in their grand history and the arts. The Italians can call me n-g*er all they want I don’t care.

Samesies. Doing what you do at home defeats the purpose of traveling.
Im from the uk.
starting in turkey and then working my way back to the uk from there.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You’re in the motherland? Waawarey! How long have you been there?

What do you mean by shaqo time? Do you work remotely? Or are you in the motherland for business?

I showed up about 6 days ago and should be here for about 5 months total. I have family business holdings here that now require some hands-on work. Villas, shop-spaces we rent in buildings we own, a small diesel fuel storage operation, some land I wanna sell for a pretty penny and use for a few business ideas I have cooking and so forth.

Trending

Latest posts