What are your fav. male or female Somali names.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Never give your daughter the name Aisha or Fatma. they will grow up with a man mind, unfeminine, really causing them unnecessary chaos. Give girls feminine name to assure them they will be feminine.

Yes, names are very important. It pre-determines the personality of the girl.

For example Khadija. Will be a strong minded girl, who is fiercely independent. Just like Aisha & Fatma

Gives girl names like Sahra/Sahro, Ubax. Uudgon, Saredo, Sumeya, Idil etc etc
>Saredo
1il03u.jpg

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
I’m sure there are yemeni names that have taken from somali culture, but I don’t think somali culture has influenced arab culture as a whole.

Like I said, go learn anthropology. Larger and more influential civilizations can pass down and influence smaller civilizations.

Just like the british influenced the baltics but the baltics didn’t influence the british. How hard of a concept is that?

Any examples though? Since it looks like you are an expert at Linguistic anthropology as you are constantly telling me to learn it.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Any examples though? Since it looks like you are an expert at Linguistic anthropology as you are constantly telling me to learn it.
Are you retarded? I’m not an expert at linguistic anthropology, I understand basic anthropology and sociology.

A society can adopt a tradition or cultural aspect from a different society and incorporate it.

Shaking hands is somali culture, but did it originate in somalia? Islam is HEAVILY incorporated in somali culture, despite it having nothing to do with originating in somalia.

Ironically enough, all arabic names used in somali culture come from islam. These names are more islamic names than arabic names. There are more south asians with muslim names than arabs with muslim names.

MadMullah99

Are you retarded? I’m not an expert at linguistic anthropology, I understand basic anthropology and sociology.

A society can adopt a tradition or cultural aspect from a different society and incorporate it.

Shaking hands is somali culture, but did it originate in somalia? Islam is HEAVILY incorporated in somali culture, despite it having nothing to do with originating in somalia.

Ironically enough, all arabic names used in somali culture come from islam. These names are more islamic names than arabic names. There are more south asians with muslim names than arabs with muslim names.
Imagine comparing shaking hands which is a universal greeting to the copying of names.

Just admit defeat. I do not need to write out a paragraph to get this point across.

Imagine comparing shaking hands which is a universal greeting to the copying of names.

Just admit defeat. I do not need to write out a paragraph to get this point across.
There's nothing wrong with taking names from other cultures. Foreign names have prestige and weight.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

they’re perfectly comparable.

Shaking hands became a universal greeting by everyone just copying each other.

A name can also become universal if everyone starts copying.

If only arabs and somalis shakes hands you’d probably say the same thing about hand shaking.

so brain dead

MadMullah99

they’re perfectly comparable.

Shaking hands became a universal greeting by everyone just copying each other.

A name can also become universal if everyone starts copying.

If only arabs and somalis shakes hands you’d probably say the same thing about hand shaking.

so brain dead
See you constantly mock my intelligence when you are loosing the argument, this really shows your lack of comprehension of anything I have said thus far which is embarrassing.

Imma go sip my shaah I have nothing else to add.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
See you constantly mock my intelligence when you are loosing the argument, this really shows your lack of comprehension of anything I have said thus far which is embarrassing.

Imma go sip my shaah I have nothing else to add.
good, I would have lost brain cells arguing with you.

That does not make any sense.

Any country simply cannot copy/appropriate a name to the point it becomes their name; the origin of the name will forever hold weight and be the Only defining aspect of it.
I don't think that's true. Typical "white" names like John, Ben, Lucas, Nate, Mike, James, Peter, Paul,etc. are appropriated biblical names. No one thinks of ancient Palestinians when they hear those names.

Trending