What are you listening to at the moment?

Did you recently start listening to Somali music?

I took a long break from it just because of the scandals and boring calan babbis that was going on for a few years. This song is more like it.

No I'm avid Somali music listener but I must admit my Somali is questionable. Ionly listen to find a songs with a catchy beat. You know other good Somali songs?

Quick edit lol

Last edited:
S

Shamis

Cool! Me and my mum also have the same taste in Somali music.
You'll pick up af Soomaali the more you listen, that's how I improved mine + I ask hooyo what the lyrics mean.

Here are a few electronic pop songs I've liked over the last few years.

@Shamis I liked 4/5 of the songs, which is surprised. Rahma Rose's song is the best IMO,
I've seen that Fariyha Kabayare's song before but I avoided listening to it. Her voice sounds weird but she found the right track.

Fariyha Kabayare's smile :leobite:. Thank you

S

Shamis

Raxmo Rose's is my favourite too. I'm glad you liked Dayax Dalnuurshe, he's going to be really big.

Farxiya is just downright beautiful in that video, Dalmar let the team down with his vaseline lips but he performed well. So which did you not like? The Ikraan song or the Mursal song?

Raxmo Rose's is my favourite too. I'm glad you liked Dayax Dalnuurshe, he's going to be really big.

Farxiya is just downright beautiful in that video, Dalmar let the team down with his vaseline lips but he performed well. So which did you not like? The Ikraan song or the Mursal song?

Vaseline lips lol, I swear I been telling my friends vaseline for men is taking a L :dzmxmmb:

If my ears don't deceive me, Ikraan's song is a modern twist on a classic, its still good though.

S

Shamis

He should have just put oliyo liifo on the night before - shiny lips on men is just a big no no!

Lahasho was let down by the insane auto tune on Khadra's voice, it ruined what could have been a classic.

What's the song Ikraan re-did?

@Shamis I like all the Somali songs you posted, except that Dayax Dalnuurshe guy. Don't know why but I can't somehow stand the guy. Maybe it's to do with his weird way of dancing/rocking his body even when he's sitting. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. Also, I was never a big fan of Dhaanto so I have not one favorite dhaanto song. lol

PS: Check this song sang by the legendary Da'ud Cali Masxaf, written by Laab-salaax for Hargeisa. The music, lyrics and melody are amazing!

S

Shamis

@Somali Spotter - The video is beautiful, Hargeisa is growing so fast and it's so orderly.

Dayax Dalnuurshe is very young, it's probably nerves but I think it's really cute.

S

Shamis

I don't normally like Ilka Case but this song is malabkii shinnida.

Trending

Latest posts