What are you currently reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merca

Inactive.
The last book I read was 'Mornings in Jenin' by Susan Abulhawa. It covers the whole 'Israeli-Palestinian conflict' from scratch. I recommend it to everyone that is interested in the whole 'conflict'. It's backed up with historical facts.
41VLxVQXzlL.jpg

Nowadays I feel like I don't have the time to read any books even though I want to. I like reading books that are reality-based, but other genres such as science fiction is okay as well.

What are you currently reading? What genres do you prefer?

Last edited:

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
The last book I read was 'Mornings in Jenin' by Susan Abulhawa. It covers the whole 'Israeli-Palestinian conflict' from scratch. I recommend it to everyone that is interested in the whole 'conflict'. It's backed up with historical facts.
41VLxVQXzlL.jpg

Nowadays I feel like I don't have the time to read any books even though I want to. I like reading books that are reality-based, but other genres such as science fiction is okay as well.

What are you currently reading? What genres do you prefer?
Books about Arabs yeah. You must be really smitten by the Moroccan Gezza u Like:siilaanyolaugh:

Professor

I just finished these two books.

The first is Sword of Honour by David Kirk
2017-10-11-23-17-17-.jpg

Amazing Book about Musashi Miyamoto. Known as the greatest Samurai Ever. It is about his rejection of the samurai way and His own path of discovery.

The Second is: The hedge Knight by George RR Martin
2017-10-11-23-16-35-.jpg

Absolutely amazing little Gem. If you are interested in any books concerning The song of ice and fire trilogy, then this is a perfect book for you. Based a hundred years before The game of thrones era. It is about the journey of a hedge Knight and his squire ,who is an targaryen prince, who travel around westeros fighting for lords and solving problems for common folk.

Last edited:

Merca

Inactive.
@Lola_Vonroe It sounds like a good read, I'll look it up.

@Professor I like Japanese history so I'll definitely check the first one out. The other one sounds interesting, but I think I'll just get confused by all the names of places and people. 'Targaryen' - seriously though. I don't even like GoT.

Professor

@Lola_Vonroe It sounds like a good read, I'll look it up.

@Professor I like Japanese history so I'll definitely check the first one out. The other one sounds interesting, but I think I'll just get confused by all the names of places and people. 'Targaryen' - seriously though. I don't even like GoT.
The first one is a classic but a true book that will really captive you when it comes Japanese culture and history revolving the samurai is The Shogun by James Clavell
images-2.jpg

This book is long but I can assure it is a truly great book. One of the best I have ever read. I would advise you to read this first.

Merca

Inactive.
Omg, how could I forget this lovely book named "Reclaim Your Heart" by Yasmin Mogahed!
61WSrFcNlEL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"This book was written to awaken the heart and provide a new perspective on love, loss, happiness, and pain. Providing a manual of sorts, Reclaim Your Heart will teach readers how to live in this life without allowing life to own you. It is a manual of how to protect your most prized possession: the heart." - Goodreads.

I recommend it to everyone, it really changed my outlook on certain things in life. The author uses Quran verses throughout the whole book in a wonderful manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending