What about Quran-only Muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I see Quran-only Muslims as folks that're having a hard time reconciling their faith with reason to a certain extent. Hadiths are way more woo than the Quran. Crack open a Hadith book and you'll see what I mean. For the way interesting stuff, venture for the sahih hadiths beyond the Arba'een, makes you understand why someone compiled the Arba'een in the first place.

Wow, they're a lot more interconnected than I thought...now it makes a lot more sense why Sunnis refuse to denounce the Hadiths though. If the same people worked on both books, how did the contradictory scriptures get in the Hadiths in the first place btw??

All you highlighted from her is wrong. Why?

- Where each verse is placed in the Quran is taught to the Prophet by Angel Gabriel. It is not Hadith based. Gabriel is the one who helped the Prophet place each verse/verses according to where they are in the Quran. Quran is the product of 23 years of revelation, verses were revelation per need mostly.

- What she may have meant to say was the authentic sayings do translate some of the verses of the Quran where available, that would be accurate

- When it comes to mandatory prayers, how to perform them is both Quran based and Hadith based, and following the prophet's instructions is as part of religion as accepting God exists is.

Anyways, most of the statements made in this thread are not accurate but guess work.

Non Muslims commenting on Islam. Big surprise there. And some here are scholars per claim like Dhegdheer.

:mjlol:

Lol but I was a muslim before wasn't I? idk why you guys always act like we came to be on this earth as gaalo, I researched this shit in depth before I left

TooMacaan

VIP
All you highlighted from her is wrong. Why?

- Where each verse is placed in the Quran is taught to the Prophet by Angel Gabriel. It is not Hadith based. Gabriel is the one who helped the Prophet place each verse/verses according to where they are in the Quran. Quran is the product of 23 years of revelation, verses were revelation per need mostly.

- What she may have meant to say was the authentic sayings do translate some of the verses of the Quran where available, that would be accurate

- When it comes to mandatory prayers, how to perform them is both Quran based and Hadith based, and following the prophet's instructions is as part of religion as accepting God exists is.

Anyways, most of the statements made in this thread are not accurate but guess work.
I highlighted the parts which provided the logical reasoning on why Sunnis aren't able to reject the Hadith (>'it would call the Qur'an into question as well'). The reason given made sense to me...whether it's logically sound or not, I'm less qualified/experienced than she to make that judgment.:zhqjlmx:

1) What exactly did you mean by the bolded..? I didn't understand that.:ayaanswag:
2) Why is Prophet Muhammad more special than the other Prophets? It can't just be a matter of sequence...

Also, not many pro-Hadith Muslims commented on the questions provided by the OP; I'm sure we'd all be interested in their accurate insight.

Lol but I was a muslim before wasn't I? idk why you guys always act like we came to be on this earth as gaalo, I researched this shit in depth before I left

Your research was lame based on what she highlighted from you. You were misleading someone already misled sweetie. The blind leading the blind ..

Be my student for once ....

PS: You are cool, I give you that 100%

I highlighted the parts which provided the logical reasoning on why Sunnis aren't able to reject the Hadith (>'it would call the Qur'an into question as well'). The reason given made sense to me...whether it's logically sound or not, I'm less qualified/experienced than she to make that judgment.:zhqjlmx:

1) What exactly did you mean by the bolded..? I didn't understand that.:ayaanswag:
2) Why is Prophet Muhammad more special than the other Prophets? It can't just be a matter of sequence...

Also, not many pro-Hadith Muslims commented on the questions provided by the OP; I'm sure we'd all be interested in their accurate insight.

Will reply to this later ..... but second question quickly...

2) Prophet never claimed to be more special than other prophets but to be equal and a brother to them in his words .... Also, he did the same work they did. He discouraged Muslims to compare prophets ... Muslims are not interested in personalities but the works of prophets . This is why a Muslim will never demean Jesus or another messenger to elevate prophet Mohamed...

Wow, they're a lot more interconnected than I thought...now it makes a lot more sense why Sunnis refuse to denounce the Hadiths though. If the same people worked on both books, how did the contradictory scriptures get in the Hadiths in the first place btw??

Because it's man made and humans are prone to errors :pachah1:

In the early days of islam the quranic verses were verbally revealed through mohamed by jibril over a period of 20+ yrs, these were all recorded by several companions of Mohammad. It wasn't until mohamed's death that abu bakr had the idea to collect the verses into one standard volume, I seem remember a hadith mentioning the difficulties in collecting the verses from parchments, palm-leaf stalks, thin stones and men who knew it off the top of their head. The hadiths on the other hand were passed down verbally by ppl close to the prophet at the time, they passed it on to multiple ppl who in turn passed it onto more ppl and it goes on and on until 200 years later when the hadiths were formally documented by Bukhar.

So you can see how questioning the validity of either one of them could be... Problematic :mjkkk:

It's like when folk stories are passed down tbh they somehow always end up distorted

What do you guys think of the new movement that calls itself Quran-only Muslims? They reject all hadith and rely strictly on the Quran. After all it doesn't say anywhere in the Quran to follow the hadiths. This let's them follow the Quran where it says peaceful things while not being bothered with hadiths that say questionable things. Is this a legitimate movement? Is it in the same camp as ahmadiyya etc?
The quran says to obey Allah and the prophet and since the hadiths are the words of the prophet, isn't the quran telling you to obey the hadith?
Also, the prophet was the one to interpret the quran. Like someone said, rejecting the authentic ahadiths is pretty much rejecting Islam altogether.

Genie

The last suugo bender
:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::drakelaugh:

omdsss i'm dead , love how everyone ignored @EternalLightX the whole time she was spewing and spewing and yet barely anyone acknowledge her nonsense i couldn't help but notice. :salute::chrisfreshhah::pachah1:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I was a Quran only Muslim for a little while, the hadiths always bothered me me. And they often contradicted the Quran in my eyes back then.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
It's koran and sunnah both go together.
Yeah but the Quran is directly from god and cannot be manipulated. There are no "sahih" Quran verses and "da'eef" or "mawdu" Quran. Besides, the commands of Allah are clear in the Quran and the prophet was just a messenger. It's like praising the mailman for delivering you the mail while not worrying about the mail he delivered.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
I was a Quran only Muslim for a little while, the hadiths always bothered me me. And they often contradicted the Quran in my eyes back then.
Yeah, like how the Quran says things like "there's no compulsion in religion" but the hadith quickly kills it and says that was for the early Muslim umah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts