What about Quran-only Muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
What do you guys think of the new movement that calls itself Quran-only Muslims? They reject all hadith and rely strictly on the Quran. After all it doesn't say anywhere in the Quran to follow the hadiths. This let's them follow the Quran where it says peaceful things while not being bothered with hadiths that say questionable things. Is this a legitimate movement? Is it in the same camp as ahmadiyya etc?

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Well the more reform Islam achieves the more its followers progress in their mentality towards minorities, and the general public I mean the death to infidel is getting boring now. Why not preach about love, tolerance and respect towards other faiths ? The hoories and the stuff about paying jizya etc. Although the Quran is hardly peaceful about 95% is not at all rosy and innocent !!!

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
Well the more reform Islam achieves the more its followers progress in their mentality towards minorities, and the general public I mean the death to infidel is getting boring now. Why not preach about love, tolerance and respect towards other faiths ? The hoories and the stuff about paying jizya etc. Although the Quran is hardly peaceful about 95% is not at all rosy and innocent !!!
Yeah but the Quran has enough sensible verses that can be used by moderates. The hadith just takes those sensible verses and tells you they're meant for the early Muslims etc.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It doesn't say anywhere in the Quran to listen to hadith or any scholar.
I thought the Quran was the word of god ? Why ponder to a silly Hadith when the word of god is much more important. Never understood why the Hadith was held in such an esteem in the Muslim community though it was written 200 years after the prophets death ?

TooMacaan

VIP
That stance always made more sense to me, since the Hadiths are the source of many things I personally disagree with...but I don't think it'd be considered legitimate by Sunnis to reject the Hadith. Also, the Qur'an says that anything in the Hadith should be rejected IF, and only if, it contradicts the message in the Qur'an > thus, the problem of questionable Hadith scriptures is meant to be solved in that manner.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Yeah but the Quran has enough sensible verses that can be used by moderates. The hadith just takes those sensible verses and tells you they're meant for the early Muslims etc.
No it's completely incompatible to 21st century the book is outdated it looks like the entire religion was meant for a 7th century Arab citizens. Hardly a technological modern day living.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
I thought the Quran was the word of god ? Why ponder to a silly Hadith when the word of god is much more important. Never understood why the Hadith was held in such an esteem in the Muslim community though it was written 200 years after the prophets death ?

It's held in such high esteem because it's the teachings of the prophet. But if the Quran is the word of Allah, it should be enough to live your life by.
The five daily prayers are found in the hadith not the Quran. The Quran just vaguely mentions praying. So Quran only Muslims take "praying" to mean whatever they want since the Quran doesn't specify.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
That always made more sense to me since the Hadiths are the source of many things I personally disagree with...but I don't think it'd be considered legitimate by Sunnis to reject the Hadith. Also, the Qur'an says that anything in the Hadith should be rejected IF , and only if, it contradicts the message in the Qur'an > thus, the problem of questionable Hadith scriptures is meant to be solved in that manner.
The entire Quran is bipolar one good verse has a bad verse after it, it looks disorganised and loosely bought together no wonder Muslims themselves are confused at its literal context. One good verse is followed by a violent one !!!

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It's held in such high esteem because it's the teachings of the prophet. But if the Quran is the word of Allah, it should be enough to live your life by.
The five daily prayers are found in the hadith not the Quran. The Quran just vaguely mentions praying. So Quran only Muslims take "praying" to mean whatever they want since the Quran doesn't specify.
The Quran followers are like modern day Christian's only follow loosely parts of their faith, beats a crazy fanatic tbh

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
That stance always made more sense to me, since the Hadiths are the source of many things I personally disagree with...but I don't think it'd be considered legitimate by Sunnis to reject the Hadith. Also, the Qur'an says that anything in the Hadith should be rejected IF , and only if, it contradicts the message in the Qur'an > thus, the problem of questionable Hadith scriptures is meant to be solved in that manner.
The Quran in some verses says "there's no compulsion in religion". The hadith takes this and says "no, there is compulsion in religion and this was meant for the early Muslim community" (not exactly that way). It contradicts the peaceful/sensible parts of the Quran all the time.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
The entire Quran is bipolar one good verse has a bad verse after it, it looks disorganised and loosely bought together no wonder Muslims themselves are confused at its literal context. One good verse is followed by a violent one !!!
Well you can't be punished for picking the good verses over the bad ones. After all the two things contradict each other and you can't do both. That's why Quran only Muslims have a sensible view in my opinion.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The Quran in some verses says "there's no compulsion in religion". The hadith takes this and says "no, there is compulsion in religion and this was meant for the early Muslim community" (not exactly that way). It contradicts the peaceful/sensible parts of the Quran all the time.
As long as the Islam you follow is tolerant to opostates, gays and every other minority within the community. Does not dictate how to live ones life, does not validate gender seggregation instead values both man and women as equal. No mehram laws either. Only then will I consider it a modern peaceful religion. Until we solve all the inequalities and violence in Islam. Only then will I say wow this religion is peaceful. To me Islam is submission a cult.

TooMacaan

VIP
I think religion in general is a complicated matter tbh. As for religious texts...it's mostly about divine knowledge and interpretation:manny:
Leaves lots of grey areas for sure.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I think religion in general is a complicated matter tbh. As for religious texts...it's mostly about divine knowledge and interpretation:manny:
Leaves lots of grey areas for sure.
Just followed what you wish stop seeking mad mullahs as interpreters for you, live your life pick the peaceful aspects of your faith and live your life :) like modern day Christian's emphasise more about love tolerance etc.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
As long as the Islam you follow is tolerant to opostates, gays and every other minority within the community. Does not dictate how to live ones life, does not validate gender seggregation instead values both man and women as equal. No mehram laws either. Only then will I consider it a modern peaceful religion. Until we solve all the inequalities and violence in Islam. Only then will I say wow this religion is peaceful. To me Islam is submission a cult.
The thing is the Quran can be used for tolerance. It has an equal number of good parts and questionable/scary parts. It's all about interpretation. You can la peaceful life and be tolerant of others with the Quran as your only resource.

TooMacaan

VIP
Some see the Hadiths as an extension of the Qur'an ...almost a guidebook of sorts that can be used to elaborate on the commands founds in the Qur'an. Imo, people need to use their god given rationality and critical thinking skills when they encounter passages that are contradictory. And the Qur'an should always supersede the Hadith, no question about that. Humans are fallible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending