What about Quran-only Muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The thing is the Quran can be used for tolerance. It has an equal number of good parts and questionable/scary parts. It's all about interpretation. You can la peaceful life and be tolerant of others with the Quran as your only resource.
Not really many gays are discriminated and sometimes killed so are apostates I don't think their are Muslims like you who are tolerant. Many moderates are fanitical they just hide it, Islam is a violent religion where it's followers all behave like sheep and no one stands up to them. Minorities are prosecuted and banished from majority Muslim countries. Only those who kiss the westerners asses portray a fake aura of tolerance e.g. Dubai but secretly wish to murder these hedonistic people.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
Some see the Hadiths as an extension of the Qur'an ...almost a guidebook of sorts that can be used to elaborate on the commands founds in the Qur'an. Imo, people need to use their god given rationality and critical thinking skills when they encounter passages that are contradictory. And the Qur'an should always supersede the Hadith, no question about that. Humans are fallible though.
I agree. I'm just saying it would've saved us (civilization) so much trouble if more Muslims were Quran only. Think about what ISIS is doing. They can't use the Quran alone to justify their actions. Most of their actions (taking slave girls, executing prisoners etc.) is justified using the hadiths.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Some see the Hadiths as an extension of the Qur'an ...almost a guidebook of sorts that can be used to elaborate on the commands founds in the Qur'an. Imo, people need to use their god given rationality and critical thinking skills when they encounter passages that are contradictory. And the Qur'an should always supersede the Hadith, no question about that. Humans are fallible though.
You can't bloody question the Quran or the Hadith it's haram that's why Muslims are ignorant and forever playing mental gymnastics to prove certain passages which scream violence to any non Muslim as normal. The problem started when Mohammed said you can't touch or defile the Quran as it's the word of god, as a result of this passages that were violent were just left there as no one could touch them or alter their meanings to fit into modern context.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
Not really many gays are discriminated and sometimes killed so are apostates I don't think their are Muslims like you who are tolerant. Many moderates are fanitical they just hide it, Islam is a violent religion where it's followers all behave like sheep and no one stands up to them. Minorities are prosecuted and banished from majority Muslim countries. Only those who kiss the westerners asses portray a fake aura of tolerance e.g. Dubai but secretly wish to murder these hedonistic people.
I'm not Muslim. The prevalence of Quran only Muslims would solve most of those problems. The Quran is vague and contradictory. Sensible people can use it to live a peaceful life, which is what a lot of QO Muslims are doing in the west. QOM will grow and probably become the dominant force within Islam in the west. That would be good for civilization but not Islam.

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
Eeyaahe Caluuko, listen.

“He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah "

That's why u have to follow the legit/sahiih Hadith.
The "sahih" hadiths are only sahih according to people who heard things from other people, hundreds of years after the death of the prophet.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I'm not Muslim. The prevalence of Quran only Muslims would solve most of those problems. The Quran is vague and contradictory. Sensible people can use it to live a peaceful life, which is what a lot of QO Muslims are doing in the west. QOM will grow and probably become the dominant force within Islam in the west. That would be good for civilization but not Islam.
Great I hope this is true :) I don't mind peaceful Muslims where one day their mosques will open up and invite those in the outside world and help not just Muslims in their community but non Muslims as well.

mrlog

VIP
The "sahih" hadiths are only sahih according to people who heard things from other people, hundreds of years after the death of the prophet.

First of all it's not according to anybody but individuals who are known to be trustworthy and righteous.
Secondly the narrator met in person and heard directly from the person who narrated to them.

It's funny u reject sahiih Hadith but blindly believe in Evolution which has loads of holes.

mrlog

VIP
Great I hope this is true :) I don't mind peaceful Muslims where one day their mosques will open up and invite those in the outside world and help not just Muslims in their community but non Muslims as well.

Nayaahe who said u ain't allowed into a mosque?
All u have to do is cover your awra.
Even the pope is allowed.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Nayaahe who said u ain't allowed into a mosque?
All u have to do is cover your awra.
Even the pope is allowed.
My awra wtf is that ? No I fucking won't it's my body if I want to wear a long skirt a long sleeved blouse and my hair on display how is that sexy for a mosque ? Are the savage beast called Muslim men gonna get boners by simply seeing my hair tied back ? This awra shit is stupid as hell makes you men act like vile pigs who can't stop thinking about rape and sex ?? Seriously I don't even show skin when going to the mall and I'm expected to cover up everything instead of wear conservative smart clothing ? Yeah right women equality right there it's my fault I'm to sexy cover up B**** what an insecure rule !! Did you realise women back them in Somalia exposed their arms and wore guuntino and dirac, before the advent of the wahhabi jiilbaab and the mandatory hijab ??

mrlog

VIP
My awra wtf is that ? No I fucking won't it's my body if I want to wear a long skirt a long sleeved blouse and my hair on display how is that sexy for a mosque ? Are the savage beast called Muslim men gonna get boners by simply seeing my hair tied back ? This awra shit is stupid as hell makes you men act like vile pigs who can't stop thinking about rape and sex ?? Seriously I don't even show skin when going to the mall and I'm expected to cover up everything instead of wear conservative smart clothing ? Yeah right women equality right there it's my fault I'm to sexy cover up B**** what an insecure rule !! Did you realise women back them in Somalia exposed their arms and wore guuntino and dirac, before the advent of the wahhabi jiilbaab and the mandatory hijab ??

Calm down nayaa.
Why is u obsessed with Islam?
If u don't like the rules U can keep it moving there's nothing to see here.
You can become a nudist in Nevada for all we care.

TooMacaan

VIP
I agree. I'm just saying it would've saved us (civilization) so much trouble if more Muslims were Quran only. Think about what ISIS is doing. They can't use the Quran alone to justify their actions. Most of their actions (taking slave girls, executing prisoners etc.) is justified using the hadiths.
It'd be interesting to see how that change would've impacted Islam as we know it today. From what I understand, it's unlikely to happen or ever be be seen as acceptable since it would require rejecting Prophet Muhammad, and he's pretty central to the Sunni sect.:zhqjlmx:
My knowledge on this subject is limited though; Sunni Muslims should shed some light on the OP.

You can't bloody question the Quran or the Hadith it's haram that's why Muslims are ignorant and forever playing mental gymnastics to prove certain passages which scream violence to any non Muslim as normal. The problem started when Mohammed said you can't touch or defile the Quran as it's the word of god, as a result of this passages that were violent were just left there as no one could touch them or alter their meanings to fit into modern context.
There is definitely resistance against reform/'alteration'; imo, that has both positive and negative aspects. The positive part is that the scriptures will be more authentic and it doesn't allow outside forces to infiltrate/corrupt or water down the religion. The negative part is the scripture can still be perverted (in a subtle manner, i.e. political system) to push a certain agenda...but followers will end up blindly following rather than using their reason to interpret it themselves [due to the belief that it's a "perfect" text].

Hans Kesserling

Tolerant Axmed Xaji
worse than pigs, they are not even christian or hindu and u are talking about muslim,
No, they are Muslim, period. They follow the Quran, which is the word of Allah and see Muhammad as the messenger. The hadiths are so unreliable that a huge percentage are considered "mawdu'" and god knows the authenticity of the rest.

Following the Quran only makes more sense. Hadith isnt legit enough. Theres weak and strong hadith ffs. Quran should be more reliable.

That stance always made more sense to me, since the Hadiths are the source of many things I personally disagree with...but I don't think it'd be considered legitimate by Sunnis to reject the Hadith. Also, the Qur'an says that anything in the Hadith should be rejected IF, and only if, it contradicts the message in the Qur'an > thus, the problem of questionable Hadith scriptures is meant to be solved in that manner.

Because most of the important stuff you need to be a practicing muslim isn't included in the quran, you need the hadith to tell you how to pray for example... Bit of a joke considering the quran was supposedly transmitted to mankind perfectly

Also the same people who passed on the quran and told us what verses belong in the book were the ones who communicated the narrations in the hadiths. It's all so closely tied together, some surahas makes zero sense without the story which comes from hadith.So basically if you can't trust the hadith then you can't trust how quran was put together, that's why you have scholars saying that denying authentic hadiths is akin to blasphemy. By causing doubt into the whole narrative you're heading towards a dangerous slippery slope

Because most of the important stuff you need to be a practicing muslim isn't included in the quran, you need the hadith to tell you how to pray for example... Bit of a joke considering the quran was supposedly transmitted to mankind perfectly

Also the same people who passed on the quran and told us what verses belong in the book were the ones who communicated the narrations in the hadiths. It's all so closely tied together, some surahas makes zero sense without the story which comes from hadith.So basically if you can't trust the hadith then you can't trust how quran was put together, that's why you have scholars saying that denying authentic hadiths is akin to blasphemy. By causing doubt into the whole narrative you're heading towards a dangerous slippery slope
heathen.gif

TooMacaan

VIP

Wow, they're a lot more interconnected than I thought...now it makes a lot more sense why Sunnis refuse to denounce the Hadiths though. If the same people worked on both books, how did the contradictory scriptures get in the Hadiths in the first place btw??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts