What a british officer, sent to ethiopia in 1868, said about the wollo oromo clans!

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
lol at “we fought the rebels””we chased the Italians”

Listen Saddach no hard feelings but you were a nobody then and your more or less a nobody now you were getting chopped up by Habesha and when you weren’t your lorded over by a Gaal edition of yourself of course that wouldn’t stop you considering Gaal is literally another word for Oromo.

You are not viewed as brave because you were forcibly removed from Buale until Garba tulo Isiolo. You were put onto plantations and were quite literally forced into extinction the best part is this was xalal because those people were pagans and you couldn’t even make dua for them if you wanted.

I am soft with Somalis but I will not be soft on a guy who abtirsis too “Barentuma Wollo Jacko Wapo”:samwelcome:

You're bravado would've meant something if you wasn't a supporter of an Adoomey kaboqab. You got no room to talk shit to the Qoti

So much unnecessary vitriol against the Oromo.

Oromo are brave people and many of the Ethiopian kings were either Cushitic Agaw or Cushitic Oromo, Habeshized through baptism and adoption of the Habesh religion and culture.

However I wouldn’t want to be a minority among Oromo. We see how violent they are in Harar against Harari people. Forcefully marrying their women and trying to assimilate them by force.

Most Somalis view Oromo and Habesh as two sides of the same coin.

Habesh are just ‘Cushitic’ people who speak a Semitic language so your argument makes no sense. Ethiopians don’t view ethnicity the same way Somalis do. If you support, speak, practice the highlander culture and religion you are Habasha. It doesn’t matter if your Hooyo was an Oromo pagan.

Also Oromos screw themselves over time after time not because they’re not brave but because they’re too soft on habash. Any people that could allow they’re women to get their breasts mutilalated, not be allowed to speak their own language, forced to change their names etc should not come for Somalis.

m

lol an oromo calling us poor what an irony you must be a troller go eat your raw meat

never said we were rich, but it takes a lot of money and power, to permanently colonize a country, especially one that is much larger in land mass, population, tough terrain in those mountains [somalis being nomads, aint used 2 fighting there like we are] etc
things somalia lacked and it would not have been able to hold on to ethiopia at all, for sure!

lol at “we fought the rebels””we chased the Italians”

Listen Saddach no hard feelings but you were a nobody then and your more or less a nobody now you were getting chopped up by Habesha and when you weren’t your lorded over by a Gaal edition of yourself of course that wouldn’t stop you considering Gaal is literally another word for Oromo.

You are not viewed as brave because you were forcibly removed from Buale until Garba tulo Isiolo. You were put onto plantations and were quite literally forced into extinction the best part is this was xalal because those people were pagans and you couldn’t even make dua for them if you wanted.

I am soft with Somalis but I will not be soft on a guy who abtirsis too “Barentuma Wollo Jacko Wapo”:samwelcome:

it's true, we chased away the same italians, who colonized somalis, for how long again?
tell me?
yet their occupation of ethiopia in 1936 was brief and they NEVER had peace, they never permanently colonized us.
we had the italians crying, dropping their guns, and running- as we charged them, fearlessly, on horses-what about y'all, my friend?

at one point, galla referred to somalis who weren't muslims yet, or are you stupid enough to think Islam magically spread all over somali inhabited areas and y'all became Muslims overnight? [i'll bring historical references shortly!]

some somalis winning against small, isolated oromo groups, who were far from their main bases, is not impressive sir. what is impressive is, we oromos fought bare handed, the same habeshis that you cried to the white man for help against, or for arms to fight. and we held them off for 40 years, and it took them recruiting other oromo clans with them, to beat others of us.

we took lands from y'all too, so all is well, and we are in somalia to this day, roaming with our troops at will, with more power than YOUR own PM farmajo-lolololol

A British officer sent to Ethiopia to fight the Emperor Tewodros in 1868 said the following of the Wollo Oromos:

''They were a formidable crew, the very sort of men I’d have expected from my acquaintance with the female of the species, They were big, likely youth, not one of them under 6 feet tall, active as cats, muscled like wrestlers, and African only in color. Speedy has said that of all the countless Oromo tribes, the Wollos were the pick, and I could believe him and thank God they were Tewodros’s sworn enemies, for if they’d opposed us I doubt if one of Napier’s army would ever have got back to the coast. They are warriors from their cradles, expert fighters, splendid horsemen, and would rather cut throats than eat dinner. Fortunately for their neighbors, the 50 or 60 families of the Wollo Oromo are never done feuding among themselves, for if they ever united THEY COULD SWEEP NORTH AFRICA FROM THE RED SEA TO THE SAHARA. They must be the most independent folk on earth; those of their tribes who are republican acknowledge no law and pay taxes to no one and even the Wollo soldiers, who recognized Masteeat as their queen, served in her army as volunteers without obligation.’’

[Flashman on the March, pages 153-157]

Brother Sadacha, very interesting story. Oromos were and are one of the most dominant powers in Ethiopia for centuries. They were in the palaces of Ethiopia for centuries. It is only the last decades a new narrative by communist students pop up that tried to portray Oromos as low cast slaves in the Ethiopian state which is absolute lie. One will never truly understand the modern Ethiopia when one views it as an ethnic based infighting. It is more complex than that. The leading and dominant powers were almost never a one ethnic group but always coalitions of different ethnic groups. Oromos being the major part of the ruling coalition ruled even in Gonder Castle. Emperor Minilik's political, military and social ruling class were composed of a mostly Showan Oromos and Amharas. This coalition concurred both the northern habeshas and the other Oromos and southerners to the south. The Oromo-Amharan showan coalition dates back to the grand father of Minilik, Showan king Sahle Selassie. And today Oromos are ruling Ethiopia with their coalition partners, especially the Amhara and many other tribes. Unless one understands the different ruling coalitions of Ethiopia, one can not grasp why Ethiopia with all its diversity still functions as a state. God bless the Oromo, especially our PM Abiy Ahmed. He is a gift of God to Ethiopia.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Do you think that a poor country like somalia could afford to maintain colonization of a country tha dwarfs it in population and landmass? winning a war, that is short lived, is one thing; but permanently holding on to that country, which would inevitably go from conventional warfare to guerrilla warfare [the way Iraqi's did, the way the vietnamese did, etc], is an entirely different thing.
somalia would not have been able to afford it, especially with the various movements within somalia proper fighting siad barre.
then the oromos, OLF, and others who were also fighting mengistu led ethiopia, would've helped mengistu for the common goal/good...

ahmed gurrey fought for Islam, he had muslims of ethiopia behind him, he didn't fight for asabiya [nationalism]- to compare him to siad barre's war, siad barre a man who believed in changing Sharia to fit marxism, is a big, sick, joke bro!
You bring up Sharia and Marxism now but your a secularist Oromo who is currently shilling for Haile/Menelik/Mengistu/Abiy. Whats funny is three of those leaders abused your people and the fourth one is looking to start that too.

You use religion alot for someone aligning with Ethiopia a christian country :duck:

it's true, we chased away the same italians, who colonized somalis, for how long again?
tell me?
yet their occupation of ethiopia in 1936 was brief and they NEVER had peace, they never permanently colonized us.
we had the italians crying, dropping their guns, and running- as we charged them, fearlessly, on horses-what about y'all, my friend?

at one point, galla referred to somalis who weren't muslims yet, or are you stupid enough to think Islam magically spread all over somali inhabited areas and y'all became Muslims overnight? [i'll bring historical references shortly!]

some somalis winning against small, isolated oromo groups, who were far from their main bases, is not impressive sir. what is impressive is, we oromos fought bare handed, the same habeshis that you cried to the white man for help against, or for arms to fight. and we held them off for 40 years, and it took them recruiting other oromo clans with them, to beat others of us.

we took lands from y'all too, so all is well, and we are in somalia to this day, roaming with our troops at will, with more power than YOUR own PM farmajo-lolololol
Who said it was all Somalis versus a small clan it was just a few clans versus numerous ethnic groups and guess what we don’t brag about it because it was easy to us.

YOU didn’t bring those troops to Somalia they were brought by Tigray as cannon fodder. YOU didn’t beat the italians you were once again forcibly used as cannon fodder.

How much land did you take from us because you have been struggling to get into Gursum and Baabile for the past 500 years and guess what even when they were put in Oromia you still cant do anything do you know why because the gallas were our slaves and that is still in there heads:trumpsmirk:

You bring up Sharia and Marxism now but your a secularist Oromo who is currently shilling for Haile/Menelik/Mengistu/Abiy. Whats funny is three of those leaders abused your people and the fourth one is looking to start that too.

You use religion alot for someone aligning with Ethiopia a christian country :duck:

Who said it was all Somalis versus a small clan it was just a few clans versus numerous ethnic groups and guess what we don’t brag about it because it was easy to us.

YOU didn’t bring those troops to Somalia they were brought by Tigray as cannon fodder. YOU didn’t beat the italians you were once again forcibly used as cannon fodder.

How much land did you take from us because you have been struggling to get into Gursum and Baabile for the past 500 years and guess what even when they were put in Oromia you still cant do anything do you know why because the gallas were our slaves and that is still in there heads:trumpsmirk:

Not ''shilling,'' for anyone, saying that oromos have always played a major role in ethiopia, both the muslim oromo [wollo, yejju, and the dynasties they formed], and the christian oromos. not once did i praise those men you mentioned, but you can keep lying, if you wish, and have no shame.

you guys invaded ethiopia as ethiopia was already fighting 8-10 rebel armies, from eritrea to oromo lands to tigray, not to mention we had the derg fighting within itself for power, so overall you invaded when ethiopia was weakened by internal turmoil all over.

you call them cannon fodder, yet they are fighting a war that you guys are too weak to fight yourself, hence the reason why they are needed.
oromos chased them away, there's ample proof, italians themselves admit they were admiring the oromo bravery, and some dropped their guns and ran at the sight of oromo warriors.
they didn't colonize us, but sure did colonize y'all.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
All this energy for Ethiopia which doesn't hurt your shacab. But no energy for Kenya which does. Interesting.

:ehh:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Not ''shilling,'' for anyone, saying that oromos have always played a major role in ethiopia, both the muslim oromo [wollo, yejju, and the dynasties they formed], and the christian oromos. not once did i praise those men you mentioned, but you can keep lying, if you wish, and have no shame.

you guys invaded ethiopia as ethiopia was already fighting 8-10 rebel armies, from eritrea to oromo lands to tigray, not to mention we had the derg fighting within itself for power, so overall you invaded when ethiopia was weakened by internal turmoil all over.

you call them cannon fodder, yet they are fighting a war that you guys are too weak to fight yourself, hence the reason why they are needed.
oromos chased them away, there's ample proof, italians themselves admit they were admiring the oromo bravery, and some dropped their guns and ran at the sight of oromo warriors.
they didn't colonize us, but sure did colonize y'all.
“Too weak to fight yourselves” last I checked it was a war against Somalis in Somalia and your help has done nothing to improve the situation so what are you talking about :ayaanswag:

The Italians didn’t colonize you because Habesha did they have the entire capital in your heartland and its 80% them if that isnt some White South African Apartheid tell me what is.

Somalis fought the longest rebellion in Africa and they did it with no colonial partners like ‘yourselves’ and they did it while you were being used as cannon fodder for those colonial empires against them.

Let me say this if you were so brave and better why do you have to quote a work of fiction to feel proud. Why do you have to look at the Habesha country as your source of pride? Why was it you were put through so much humiliation by those around you?

Even Canfar look at Oromos and scoff :faysalwtf:

All this energy for Ethiopia which doesn't hurt your shacab. But no energy for Kenya which does. Interesting.

:ehh:
I was clearly against that why don’t you actually read the thread are you even Somali? read the room :wtfdis:

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
1. Why would we be invited if somalis are the bravest, the best, and invincible- why not fight your own battles and not ask of us?
all nations have traitors who use there countries enemy state for there own interest.

2. You invaded when we were fighting at least 10 rebel armies, and not to mention the instability within the ruling derg. It's like bragging about fighting someone who is already fighting 10 other men LOL not much to brag about, kind sir.
you invaded lawless somalia with backing US ans support of major warlords to defeat a bunch brainwashed kids with AK tutor by remant of a colapse goverment and somehow you retreated.
3. That's good, but Islam would not approve of you guys killing each other based on clans, would it? Be honest here. We're more peaceful, even with our many problems, despite being more diverse!
islam doesn't aprove of building wax statues of despot who masacred muslims
http _cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_191017143203-ethiopia-imperial-palace-getty-1175096990.jpg

Last edited:
tell me?

The Italians fought the Biimaal Dir Sultanate for 20 years, only being able to defeat one clan with the assistance of other Somalis.

The first place in Africa where warplanes had to be used by a colonial power was in Somali territory. I think that’s enough to tell you about the fighting prowess of the Somalis.

Ethiopian, Kenyan and Ugandan soldiers are massacred sporadically in Somalia by Alshabab despite US intelligence and tactical support. 3000 brainwashed Somali teenagers vs a coalition of 30.000 mixed African troops and their Somali lackeys. If Somalis were united in uprooting foreign military presence on their soil, they would achieve that goal within 72 hours.

Also, Ethiopia’s biggest fear is not Oromo, Eritrea or even Egypt, it’s Somali ethnonationalism!

Zayn

Visionary from Garbaharey
Funny how when you come for this Oromo guy he say "Islam doesn't allow that". It is jist what Oromos are doing irl, killing Somalis in Oromia but saying am Muslim in Hargeisa. Never trust Qoti

So much unnecessary vitriol against the Oromo.

Oromo are brave people and many of the Ethiopian kings were either Cushitic Agaw or Cushitic Oromo, Habeshized through baptism and adoption of the Habesh religion and culture.

However I wouldn’t want to be a minority among Oromo. We see how violent they are in Harar against Harari people. Forcefully marrying their women and trying to assimilate them by force.

Most Somalis view Oromo and Habesh as two sides of the same coin.
They are both historically aggressive towards Somalis. No difference.