What a british officer, sent to ethiopia in 1868, said about the wollo oromo clans!

A British officer sent to Ethiopia to fight the Emperor Tewodros in 1868 said the following of the Wollo Oromos:

''They were a formidable crew, the very sort of men I’d have expected from my acquaintance with the female of the species, They were big, likely youth, not one of them under 6 feet tall, active as cats, muscled like wrestlers, and African only in color. Speedy has said that of all the countless Oromo tribes, the Wollos were the pick, and I could believe him and thank God they were Tewodros’s sworn enemies, for if they’d opposed us I doubt if one of Napier’s army would ever have got back to the coast. They are warriors from their cradles, expert fighters, splendid horsemen, and would rather cut throats than eat dinner. Fortunately for their neighbors, the 50 or 60 families of the Wollo Oromo are never done feuding among themselves, for if they ever united THEY COULD SWEEP NORTH AFRICA FROM THE RED SEA TO THE SAHARA. They must be the most independent folk on earth; those of their tribes who are republican acknowledge no law and pay taxes to no one and even the Wollo soldiers, who recognized Masteeat as their queen, served in her army as volunteers without obligation.’’

[Flashman on the March, pages 153-157]

A British officer sent to Ethiopia to fight the Emperor Tewodros in 1868 said the following of the Wollo Oromos:

''They were a formidable crew, the very sort of men I’d have expected from my acquaintance with the female of the species, They were big, likely youth, not one of them under 6 feet tall, active as cats, muscled like wrestlers, and African only in color. Speedy has said that of all the countless Oromo tribes, the Wollos were the pick, and I could believe him and thank God they were Tewodros’s sworn enemies, for if they’d opposed us I doubt if one of Napier’s army would ever have got back to the coast. They are warriors from their cradles, expert fighters, splendid horsemen, and would rather cut throats than eat dinner. Fortunately for their neighbors, the 50 or 60 families of the Wollo Oromo are never done feuding among themselves, for if they ever united THEY COULD SWEEP NORTH AFRICA FROM THE RED SEA TO THE SAHARA. They must be the most independent folk on earth; those of their tribes who are republican acknowledge no law and pay taxes to no one and even the Wollo soldiers, who recognized Masteeat as their queen, served in her army as volunteers without obligation.’’

unfortunately they are neighbours to one of the bravest vicious tribes in africa and the whole world the somalis so it won't matter how brave they are

unfortunately they are neighbours to one of the bravest vicious tribes in africa and the whole world the somalis so it won't matter how brave they are

This clan does not border somalis, they border amharas, afars and others.
secondly, it does not matter, they are just as brave and tough as somalis, remember, we chased away the same italians who colonized y'all [with all due respect].

KKKKKKKKKKKKKK which oromo chased away someone you niggas got colonized by amharas kkkkkkkkkkkkk may your ancestors rest in piss leave this forum you are not one of us

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

the wollo were not that great compared to the yejju oromos who were the best by far and from what i know they apparently conquered up to Tigray and assimilated some xabesha tribes and even took over the Ethiopian kingdom at one point

secondly, it does not matter, they are just as brave and tough as somalis, remember, we chased away the same italians who colonized y'all [with all due respect].
oromos know nothing about war and even power you are so many yet so insignificant in ethiopia politically langaabs as we say

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
oromos know nothing about war and even power you are so many yet so insignificant in ethiopia politically langaabs as we say

Spoken as someone with no knowledge on Oromo history. Their history is filled with military conquests and expansions. The reason why they are sitting on the best land in all of the Horn of Africa is through their might.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP

we fought them independently, that alone is one of the major reasons ya’ll didn’t really get colonized And another part being that ya’ll are old christians.

however if we united there would never have been an ethiopia and that is a fact.

This guy just quoted a fiction book and tried to present it as fact :russ:
71B820FB-4B1E-40E5-8048-720729113DB2.jpeg

How can they be 6ft tall when wollo Oromo intermarry with midget amharas? I swear, the average height for amharas is like 5’1.

if there's millions of amharas, how many of them have you seen to come to this conclusion?

answer: you've made a stupid statement, and should think twice, nay, thrice; before generalizing!

KKKKKKKKKKKKKK which oromo chased away someone you niggas got colonized by amharas kkkkkkkkkkkkk may your ancestors rest in piss leave this forum you are not one of us

if you knew ethiopian history, you'd know oromos conquered themselves, and others, to form the ethiopia we know today.
but i do not expect an ignorant person to pick up a book, let alone read one!

is that why we chased away the same italians who colonized y'all?
is that why mostly oromo soldiers have to fight al shabab because you guys couldn't?
shall I go on?

Trending

Latest posts