What’s your opinion on Nikkah/Weddings?

XalimosVeryOwn

Timothée Chalamet
The reason I made this thread was to discuss about Nikkahs and Weddings, especially how common and rapidly popular they are nowadays.

This pandemic alone, many people I seen on social media and even know personally have all gotten married. Which is great, mashallah, but it’s like they are rushing to get married. And that’s just confusing on my end. It’s like the norm to get married when your graduated from high school now.

I understand love is love, but it’s also not something to take for granted. I am not trying to sound like a hater or a jealous person, I’m not, but I just want to hear out other peoples takes on this. Already some guy I knew for two months asked me if he wants to do a Nikkah, and it’s like I know getting married younger is good but not this soon and fast. I also feel like once you get married your not allowed to live out your life because after getting married than comes kids and then grandkids and so forth, just my personal opinion.

Even these young people (18-22) getting married now aren’t even financially stable. I see countless videos on YouTube of girls who got divorced, and I am like is that the reason? Because most people I know just are in university and getting married and I just feel like marriage would be a joke if your both struggling on ends.

That’s just my personal opinion and take on this topic. I don’t mean to offend anyone that has gotten married young, or planning onto, but I just wanted to hear peoples thoughts and let them hear mines.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I am of the opinion that small weddings with only the closest family and friends are the best ones. Better to spend the money on a house for the newlyweds and things they need rather than extravagance.

And small mehrs (the ones that are the most affordable) are the best too.

Last edited:
They’re rushing because they’re bored, everyone’s doing it, and they want clout, retweets and follows on social media. Sure, getting married is half your deen and getting married younger is sunnah but many of these people are rushing and don’t know the person they’re marrying.

If it bothers you, limit your social media use.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If at least one of you aren't financially stable it makes no sense getting married. If you really like each other then you should get engaged and get married later

Ppl can get married while they are studying there family planing if men and woman get married they dont have to kids right away they plan to have kids like 2 or 3 or 5 or 6 or even 10 years later
I think why those ppl getting married is to have sex this is my personal oppinion
I would have get married 2 while studying
Nothing wrong with
If men and woman work or just low income Job or studying men and woman can get married and have family plan

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I am of the opinion that small weddings with only the closest family and friends are the best ones. Better to spend the money on a house for the newlyweds and things they need rather than extravagance.

Nobody:

@Amirah , from nowhere: It iS nOt yOuR buSinEsS hoW muCh a WoMaN asKs foR meHr, sHe iS frEe tO aSk hoW muCh sHe waNts!!!!

The best of mehers are the affordables ones and those that are not too much of a burden.

A surah or duah is enough.

Yes, I love it, since it's just about perfect.

It prevents kids from committing zina and making illegitimate children through the quick process of simply having a small Nikaax.

Large weddings make me extremely uncomfortable, and I'm sure this could be said by many others who are like me. So I consider this perfect.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Am i the only somali person in this world that never wants get married? . Like why would you waste your time pleasing a female or male That has no problem divorcing you any day of the week for something small. While you can be allone make allot of money. Retire buy a nice house somewhere arround the beach and enjoy your remaining days
giphy.gif

Nobody:

@Amirah , from nowhere: It iS nOt yOuR buSinEsS hoW muCh a WoMaN asKs foR meHr, sHe iS frEe tO aSk hoW muCh sHe waNts!!!!

The best of mehers are the affordables ones and those that are not too much of a burden.

A surah or duah is enough.
Honestly stop. You are so obsessed with mehr it’s not even about amirah she didn’t say anything. Mehr is an Islamic right and yes a woman can ask for anything. No shame if she doesn’t accept your idea of « mehr ». If you don’t agree with it, you simply move on like an adult. Plenty of fish in the sea. 👍🏽

:dead: Broke boy

World

VIP
Westerners get married when they’re over 30 years old yet have a divorce rate that is 50 %. So there is no point acting as if marrying later is better when the statistics are against you.

Djokovic

Somali Arab
The reason I made this thread was to discuss about Nikkahs and Weddings, especially how common and rapidly popular they are nowadays.

This pandemic alone, many people I seen on social media and even know personally have all gotten married. Which is great, mashallah, but it’s like they are rushing to get married. And that’s just confusing on my end. It’s like the norm to get married when your graduated from high school now.

I understand love is love, but it’s also not something to take for granted. I am not trying to sound like a hater or a jealous person, I’m not, but I just want to hear out other peoples takes on this. Already some guy I knew for two months asked me if he wants to do a Nikkah, and it’s like I know getting married younger is good but not this soon and fast. I also feel like once you get married your not allowed to live out your life because after getting married than comes kids and then grandkids and so forth, just my personal opinion.

Even these young people (18-22) getting married now aren’t even financially stable. I see countless videos on YouTube of girls who got divorced, and I am like is that the reason? Because most people I know just are in university and getting married and I just feel like marriage would be a joke if your both struggling on ends.

That’s just my personal opinion and take on this topic. I don’t mean to offend anyone that has gotten married young, or planning onto, but I just wanted to hear peoples thoughts and let them hear mines.
You shouldn’t have an opinion on married couples and why they married and there is nothing wrong with marrying when you are both struggling

AliAlg3bra

O block alumni
Am i the only somali person in this world that never wants get married? . Like why would you waste your time pleasing a female or male That has no problem divorcing you any day of the week for something small. While you can be allone make allot of money. Retire buy a nice house somewhere arround the beach and enjoy your remaining days
giphy.gif

with who dabaalyo? :damnmusic:

Trending

Latest posts